This is one way motorcycle tour to Sapa from Hanoi. After 3 day ride, we will be in beautiful Sapa, getting chances to see the breathtaking scenery around Sapa and discover the hidden culture of the local hill tribes before taking a night train back to Hanoi. The route is very smooth, quiet and offers plenty of amazing view of green mountain with rice terrace fields and nice villages of colorful hill tribe. This is one of the best in our Vietnam motorbike tours collection.
Day 1: Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau. 190 km.
This Vietnam motorbike tour to the mountains and Sapa will be started with a very beautiful ride to Mai Chau. We leave Hanoi for Mai Chau from outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 AM, trying to avoid the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country road. After lunch, we will have enjoyable motorcycle ride on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain .we cross Thung Khe pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then hit the road down to the mountain valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts).
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. 140 km.
The motorcycle ride to Phu Yen is quite easy, It could have many stopover for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after lunch, turn to the less travelled Road 43 that leads to the Da River. After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, we ride on a beautiful winding secondary road until Phu Yen where we stay overnight.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel
Day 3: Phu Yen – Than Uyen 210km.
We should start the ride earlier today because it’s quite long road with a lot of picturesque stops so the motorcycle ride to Than Uyen starts at 8.AM. Right after the town we will be on the winding and beautiful Lung Lo pass and then hit the quiet road to Tu Le – a charming little town where we have lunch. The second half of the day is the highlight of the day. After 50km from where we have lunch, will be in Mu Cang Chai in which we have great chance to take pictures of the most beautiful terrace fields in northern Vietnam. Arrive Than Uyen at about 5.PM.
Dinner and stay in Than Uyen- Hotel.
The motorcycle tour to SaPa today should be the highlight of the trip. The first half of the day, we will enjoy an easy motorbike ride on the smooth road with beautiful tea fields and the colorful hill tribes along the way. And the other half, we ride on Qui Ho pass to cross Hoang Lien mountain range- the highest one in Vietnam including Fanxipan peak with the height of 3142 meters above sea level. It’s sure that you will have pictures of the most beautiful valley in north Vietnam. We will be at Sa Pa at noon. After luch in Sa Pa town, we have half day to discover lovely town in cloud – Sa Pa.
Diner and Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5: Motorbike ride around Sapa.
After breakfast, we will go along the Muong Hoa valley – one of the most beautiful valley in Vietnam with amazing view of terrace fields. We surely have plenty of stops for pictures and visiting the beautiful villages of the Hmong, Zay and the Tay people along the way. Back to Sapa for lunch at about 1.PM. After lunch, we will have short but enjoyable ride to picturesque Cat Cat village. Cat Cat is located closely to Sapa about 1600 metres above sea level. It take about 30 minutes to ride from Sapa. We will get off the bikes at the gate of the village and then take a short walk around to see the traditional houses of the local, to learn more about Hmong people’s culture and to get pictures of incredible scenery. Back to the bikes and ride shortly back to Hotel.
Stay in Sapa – Hotel.
Day 6: Motorbike Ride To The Train Station. 45 Km
Free morning in Sapa !
After lunch, we will have short but very good motorbike tour down to lao Cai. From the altitude of 1600m above sea level, Hitting the road down from Sapa we will have chance to enjoy breathtaking mountain view and especially we will visit the red Dzao’s beautiful village on the way. Before getting off the bikes at the Lao Cai Train station, we can have short visit the Vietnamese and Chinese border gate. Have early dinner in Lao Cai and take the night train back to Hanoi.
North Vietnam motorbike trip to Sapa ends in Hanoi in early morning – take a bus to the Hotel after getting off the train.
Tags: motorbike tour sapa
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”