Ha Long bay is one of the most famous destination for tourists touring in Vietnam. Most of tourist go to the bay by car or bus from Hanoi and take a 2 day boat trip to see the small popular corner of Ha Long bay with the big caves and fishing floating villages. Ha long bay is about 1.500 square kilometers, It is big enough to choose a different and more suitable part to enjoy. This great Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Long bay and Cat Ba island is designed for tourist who wanna see Ha Long bay in different way and enjoy different bay with less tourists. This is one of our best north Vietnam motorbike tours; However it’s not suitable to the novice!
Day 1: Hanoi – Hai Phong 120 km
At 8 AM, we motorcycle to the north east of Hanoi from city center, after 15 km riding we will take a visit to famous ceramic village of Bat Trang by taking a short walk around the village to see the daily life of the local people and learn more about how to make ceramic from the local.
After that, we keep going to the northeast to Hai Phong city. We will arrive hotel in Hai Phong at 3 PM. We can choose to see some good attractions in the city or have rest in hotel.
Overnight in hotel – Hai Phong
Day 2: Ha Phong – Cat Ba by Boat
After breakfast in hotel, we will take a bus to the wharf and take a speed boat to Cat Ba island. We will be in the island one hour later and right after that we join another boat trip to discover beautiful Lan Ha bay and southern part of Ha Long Bay. Sea food lunch is on the boat. All the day you can be lazy on the sun desk, do swimming at some nice beaches without tourist. See the floating fishing villages or do kayaking through some stalactite caves. We will be back to Cat Ba island in the late afternoon.
Overnight in hotel – Cat Ba.
Day 3: Discovery Cat Ba island.
After breakfast in hotel, we will have a short but great motorcycle tour around Cat Ba island.
(Cat Ba is the largest of the 366 islands spanning 260km2 that comprise the Cat Ba Archipelago, which makes up the southeastern edge of Ha Long Bay in Northern Vietnam. Cat Ba island has a surface area of 285 km2 and maintains the dramatic and rugged features of Ha Long Bay. It is commonly used as an overnight hotel stop on tours to Ha Long Bay run by travel agents from Hanoi. This island belongs to Haiphong city – the most famous city of industry in Vietnam.
Cat Ba is the largest island in the Bay and approximately half of its area is covered by a National Park, which is home to the highly endangered Cat Ba Langur. The island has a wide variety of natural ecosystems, both marine and terrestrial, leading to incredibly high rates of biodiversity. Types of natural habitats found on Cat Ba Archipelago include limestone karsts, tropical limestone forests, coral reefs, mangrove and sea grass beds, lagoons, beaches, caves, and willow swamp forests. Cat Ba Island is one of the only populated islands in Ha Long Bay, with roughly 13,000 inhabitants living in six different communes, and 4,000 more inhabitants living on floating fishing villages off the coast. The large majority of the population can be found in Cat Ba town, which is located at the southern tip of the Island (15 km south of the national park) and is the commercial center on the Island. Since 1997, Cat Ba town has grown rapidly and has become a tourist hub for both the Island and greater Ha Long Bay.)
The motorbike ride will offers you some peaceful villages located between the National park and the ocean and some beautiful caves. We should finish the motorbike tour at noon at the hotel in order to spend another half day at some beautiful beaches nearby hotel.
Overnight in Hotel – Cat Ba town.
Day 4. Boat trip back to Hai Phong and motorcycle tour back to Hanoi.
Free in the morning until 10 AM take a short walk to the speed boat wharf and then spend one and a half hour on the boat. After getting on Hai Phong city, let’s go straight to the restaurant for lunch and then get the bikes to ride back Hanoi. We will finish the great Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Long bay and Cat Ba island at 4 PM in Hanoi.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”