The 4 Day North Vietnam motorbike tour is one of our best short motorbike tours in Vietnam. It is an enjoyable and easy even for the ones who have low level of motorbike riding skill. The destinations we chose to ride to are not famous but interesting attractions and the roads to ride on are almost smooth with nice view, not much off-road. within 4 days, you will see many different things each day such as an infinite lake of Thac Ba with thousands of islands, picturesque mountain passes and peaceful valley of Mai Chau with interesting and friendly people.
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba Lake: 180 Km.
Start this short northern Vietnam motorbike tour from the eastern outskirts of Hanoi at 8:30 am. We will get out of heavy city traffic by riding motorbike on the Red river dyke – with the length of 40 km, the dyke will offer us fully enjoyable Vietnam motorbike tour in the Red river delta with a great view of rice fields and villages. We will be in the midland of Doan Hung town at noon where our lunch is served in a little restaurant. After lunch, we can choose to motorcycle on the winding mountain roads to Thac Ba lake or take another longer road to the lake that can offer some great off-road motorbike ride through some rustic villages and green tea fields. In the late afternoon, We will be in the peaceful village of Vu Linh where we stay overnight.
Vu Linh is a nice village of the Dzao people which located nearby the Thac Ba lake. Thac Ba is a largest man-made lake in Vietnam created by construction of Thac Ba Hydro Electric Station in the 1960s. with 80 km in length and some thousands of islands it is surely great chance to ride a boat around.
Day 2: Thac Ba lake – Phu Yen – 170 Km
Start the day with a relaxing boat tour around the Thac Ba lake, the lake is known as Ha Long bay on mountain with more than 1300 islands so it is short boat trip but offers you wonderful time. After that keep enjoying the North Vietnam motorbike tour to Phu Yen, we will be in Yen Bai town at noon where we have lunch. Then after that we’ll have motorcycle ride on winding mountain roads to Phu Yen, we’ll cross the Lung Lo mountain pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in northern Vietnam.
Arrive in Phu Yen at 5:00 pm. Hotel stay.
After breakfast, we will have great motorbike ride on the winding road along the Da river, chance to enjoy the beautiful road between the mountain and river with some villages of the Muong people. After crossing the river by ferry boat, we will motorbike up and up to Moc Chau plateau – attitude of 1000 meters above sea level. Lunch is in Moc Chau restaurant. After lunch we have short but beautiful motorbike tour on the Hua Tat pass – another beautiful mountain pass in North Vietnam which was built by the French. The motorbike ride on this quiet pass promise to be one of the best motorcycle tour in Northern Vietnam.
We will be in Mai Chau valley at 4 PM. Home stay with the Thai people.
Day 4 : Motorbike Ride Back to Hanoi
There are some ways to ride back to Hanoi from Mai Chau. As an Expert for Vietnam Motorbike Tour, we suggest you to take 2 best roads below:
We will go back to the road No 6 and take a turn to small and less traveled French road that goes along the Da river lake. The view here is imposing. The road is winding and lies between mountain and the lake. This is one of the good Vietnam motorbike tours in northern area that we strongly recommend. We will count the time to be in Hanoi before rush hours and safely end the Central North Vietnam Motorbike Tour from Hanoi.
Option 2: Motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail back to Hanoi – 240 km
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert suggests you to take the option 2 if you are experienced motorbike riders. There are more interests on this road, especially you will have chance to have great motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail. However, it is much longer. We will count the time to be in Hanoi before rush hours and finish the Central – North Vietnam Motorbike Tour safely.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”