This is another South Vietnam motorbike tour on the Ho Chi Minh Trail but unlike the other motorcycle tours of Vietnam, this tour starts from Sa Pa – the top north of Vietnam. You will have the best overview of Vietnam beauty, Vietnam history and Vietnamese culture. The tour covers almost beautiful places in Northwest Vietnam and the most interesting part of the Ho Chi Minh trail with the DMZ. The ride is a great mixture of on and offroad tracks and it also offers some beautiful motorbike rides on coastlines…This is one of our best Vietnam motorbike tours you should not miss because it could be your lifetime trip and make you understand and love Vietnam better.
Day 1 : Take A Night Train To Lao Cai – Sa Pa.
At 8 PM, bus and tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and escort you to Hanoi Railway station. Get on the trail and heading up to Sapa. Wake up after 8 hours sleep on the train you will be in Lao Cai. Get off the train and be ready for this amazing Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour.
Day 2: Short Motorbike Tour to Sapa – 150 km.
All the bikes ready after the night train by the helpful staff of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, we will start the tour at 9.30 AM. The road from Lao Cai to Sa pa is one of the northern Vietnam roads with the most beautiful view. We ride up and up to the attitude of 1600 meters above sea level in addition, there are some nice villages of the ethnic minorities on the way so we get many chance to take pictures and learn about Vietnamese culture. Especially, we will take a interesting visit to village of the Red Dzao people, before getting to the hotel in Sa Pa.
Check in the hotel and have lunch.
In the afternoon, we have a short motorbike tour around Sapa to some villages of the H’Mong, Dzao or Zay people who live along the beautiful valley of Muong Hoa, we can get off the bikes sometimes to do some trek to villages of the ethnic people. The local guides of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert know the area well so we are sure we can make it on road or offroad tour today for you depending on the weather or your expectation.
Overnight in Sa Pa-Hotel.
Day 3: Sa Pa – Mu Cang Chai: 170 km.
This beautiful motorcycle tour in Vietnam really starts today. Get on the bikes at around 8:30 am, We will make a splendid climb up to the top of Sapa on Tram Ton Pass – at over 2000m above sea level. This is the first highlight of this motorbike tour in North Vietnam. The ride offers you amazing view of the Hoang Lien mountain ranges for miles and miles. After taking some amazing pictures of the O Qui Ho pass, we will heading down to Than Uyen and enjoy another offroad motorcycle tour through the green tea fields. After Than Uyen we can make another offroad ride to Mu Cang Chai if you’re still full of energy. The single, offroad tracks that our local guide team show you today can make this become the greatest/hardest offroad motorbike tours in Vietnam. We will end the day in Mu Cang Chai at around 5: pm.
Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 4: Mu Cang Chai – Phu Yen – 180 km.
The local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert can do more offroad motorbike ride today to Phu Yen with you but if you’re tired of offroad tours in the days before, we can also make it easy with mostly smooth backroads with amazing view of nature or rice terrace fields. Many stops for pictures and visiting the H’mong, the Thai and the Muong people. We will arrive the nice town of Phu Yen at beer time, enjoy some cold bear on the street nearby the hotel before dinner.
Day 5: Phu Yen – Mai Chau. – 170 km.
After breakfast, we will have the short but enjoyable motorbike ride along the Da river to the ferry where we take the boat to cross the river. The road is winding and beautiful with the nice river view. After the river we motorcycle up and up to Moc Chau plateau – 100 meters above sea level – where we have lunch. And then take a small, quiet road down to Mai Chau. This road was built by the French in the 1920s, it’s old but still good for motorbike ride especially, the view from the road is so nice. So surely it will be another highlight of this motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Arrive Mai Chau at 4.30 PM.
Day 6: Mai Chau – Tan Ky: 290 KM.
After enjoying breakfast in the peaceful village of Mai Chau, keep enjoying a Vietnam motorbike tour on a small, spectacular and paved trail along the Ma river until Cam Thuy town where we stop for lunch and then start the Top Vietnam Motorbike Tour on the historical Ho Chi Minh trail and then stay all the way to Tan Ky town where we spend the night in a hotel.
Tan Ky is a very small town located in two sides of the Ho Chi Minh road, with some thousands of people this is good chance to experience the daily life of people in remote area. Tan Ky is know as the first point of the Ho Chi Minh trail. From here, the Vietnamese troops matching down to the South Vietnam on the trails we call Ho Chi Minh trail, some of the trails are in Laos now.
Overnight in Tan Ky – Hotel
Day 7: Motorbike Tour on Ho Chi Minh Road to Phong Nha – Ke Bang. 280 km.
After breakfast with Banh My, we start the motorcycle tour on the Ho Chi Minh trail until Pho Chau where we stop to visit the Ho Chi Minh Trail victory monument which is in fact the real starting point of the trail . And then hit all the way to Phong Nha – Ke Bang. Phong Nha Ke Bang National park is the big and long National park with some biggest caves in Vietnam and Indochina and is now a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site. The karst formation of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has evolved since the Paleozoic (some 400 million years ago) and so is the oldest major karst area in Asia. Subject to massive tectonic changes, the park’s karst landscape is extremely complex with many geographic features of considerable significance. The vast area, extending to the border of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, contains spectacular formations including 65 km of caves and underground rivers. So riding on the smooth Ho Chi Minh trail could be the best part of these motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Diner and overnight in Phong Nha – Hotel
Day 8 : Phong Nha – Khe Sanh – 240 km.
From Phong Nha, the Ho Chi Minh Trail is divided into 2 branches one in the eastern side and another one is in the western side. The Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert recommends to ride on the western Ho Chi Minh trail. The trail goes through the National park of Phong Nha – Ke Bang, in more than 200 km, you will just see few other motorbikes but a lot of beautiful and amazing landscapes. Especially, we will get chance to visit the former US Merine Base with tunnels, Air base and a interesting museum of Khe Sanh. It’s sure that the motorbike ride today is a best Vietnam motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail and sure it’s the highlight of this 11 day motorcycle tour.
Overnight in Khe Sanh – Hotel.
Day 9: Khe Sanh – Vinh Moc Tunnel – Hue – 190 km.
The motorbike ride today is mostly on the smooth roads from the west to the east of Vietnam. However it’s one of the most interesting day of this motorbike tours in Vietnam with a lots of visits to historical sites. After breakfast, we will ride along the 17th parallel – the former border between the north and south of Vietnam. We will do some stops to visit the famous historical vestiges such as Hien Luong Bridge. Vinh Moc tunnel…
After lunch we will take slow and easy motorbike ride to the beautiful city of Hue.
Arrive Hue at about 4.30 PM.
Dinner and overnight in Hue – Hotel.
Vinh Moc (Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam. During the Vietnam War it was strategically located on the border of North Vietnam and South Vietnam. The tunnels were built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh county of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone. The American forces believed the villagers of Vinh Moc were supplying food and armaments to the North Vietnemese garrison on the island of Con Co which was in turn hindering the American bombers on their way to bomb Hanoi. The idea was to force the villagers of Vinh Moc to leave the area but as is typical in Vietnam there was nowhere else to go. The villagers initially dug the tunnels to move their village 10 metres underground but the American forces designed bombs that burrowed down 10 metres. Eventually against these odds, the villagers moved the village to a depth of 30 metres. It was constructed in several stages beginning in 1966 and used until early 1972. The complex grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare. Around 60 families lived in the tunnels; as many as 17 children were born inside the tunnels.
Day 10: Discover the Hidden Charm of Hue.
Today we can choose between 2 options:
Opt 1- Take a easy and relaxing bus tour in Hue to see some famous attractions in half day and another half day for free at leisure.
Opt 2- Take more interesting motorbike tour in Hue to see some famous attractions and discover the hidden charm of Hue for whole day.
Hue is well known for its historic monuments, which have earned it a place in UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. The seat of the Nguyen emperors was the Citadel, which occupies a large, walled area on the north side of the Perfume River. Inside the citadel was a forbidden city where only the emperors, concubines, and those close enough to them were granted access; the punishment for trespassing was death. Today, little of the forbidden city remains, though reconstruction efforts are in progress to maintain it as a historic tourist attraction.
Roughly along the Perfume River from Hue lie myriad other monuments, including the tombs of several emperors, including Minh Mang, Khai Đinh, and Tu Duc. Also notable is the Thien Mụ Pagoda, the largest pagoda in Huế and the official symbol of the city.
A number of French-style buildings lie along the south bank of the Perfume River. Among them are Quoc Học High School, the oldest high school in Vietnam, and The Hue Royal Antiquities Museum.
Day 11: Enjoyable Motorcycle Tour to Hoi An from Hue – 170 km.
After breakfast, we will have beautiful motorbike ride on the coastal roads to go through the fishing villages along the sea, enjoy the different view of Vietnam beauty and Vietnamese culture. After lunch we will have great Ho Chi Minh Trail motorbike tour on famous Hai Van pass. The pass is between the mountains and the sea which surely offers you the great view.
Arrive Hoi An at 4.30 PM and end one of the TOP motorbike tours in Vietnam at your hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang. Saying goodbye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and enjoy yourself.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike