Northeast Vietnam Motorbike Tour – 7 Days
Within 7 day motorbike ride, the Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour show you the best attractions in northeast of Vietnam such as Ba Be lake – the largest natural one in Vietnam, Ban Gioc waterfall – the biggest and most beatiful one in Vietnam; besides you’ll have chance to kow more about Ho Chi Minh’s life and works during the first days when he had just come back to Vietnam after studying and working oversea by visiting some historical vestiges nearby Cao Bang. This motorbike ride around Northeast Vietnam is a great mixture of on and off road tracks and we can be flexible to make it easier or harder with more off-road tracks, so this 7 day tour is also one of the best in our offroad Vietnam motorcycle tours collection.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mau Son: 180 km
Start the great northeast Vietnam motorbike tour at about 8: 30 am. Before enjoying riding on an winding road up to peak of Mau Son mountain in Lang Son province, We should be ready and carefully ride after our local tour guide to get out of Hanoi, after around 1 hour riding motorbike slowly like floating on the river with other local scooters to be out of the city, we’ll be in the countryside with the scenic and safe roads then start to enjoy this amazing Vietnam motorbike tour.
Mau Son is a mountain peak of over 1.500 metres above sea level with a stunning view and It was ravaged during war with the Chinese and the buildings have recently been rebuilt in traditional style. It could be great experience to stay here overnight.
Overnight in Hotel – Mau Son
Day 2: Lang Son – Cao Bang: 200 km
After leaving lovely Mau Son, we’ll enjoy a great motorbike tour to Cao Bang, with the ride mostly on the mountain passes and crossing villages, it’s really a memorable day of this Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour. Getting down from the peak of Mau Son, skirting the border city of Lang Son, visiting the Dong Dang ‘Friendship Gate’ on the Chinese border, then we join the legendary ‘Highway 4’ where the Viet Minh forces carried out numerous raids over uncountable passes in this remote border region. We follow the border line all the way to the major city in Northeast Vietnam: Cao Bang – ‘High Plateau’ . Overnight in Cao Bang.
* Cao Bang: At 300 kilometres north of Hanoi, Cao Bang is used as a base camp for all our expeditions to destinations close to the Chinese border. The region north of Cao Bang is dominated by limestone. Hence its scenery is similar to that of Ha Long Bay or Guilin (China) and offers unprecedented driving enjoyment amongst some of the most spectacular surroundings in Vietnam. Cao Bang is not yet a famous places for tourism but it could be a “must see” of any motorcycle tours in Vietnam because of it’s beauty.
Day 3: Cao Bang – Ban Gioc waterfall – Cao Bang: 180 km
Today’ ride is the highlight of this Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour. We explore into the magical region of the far north-east with its impressive limestone karst scenery. We meander around and through the countless rock monoliths all the way to the huge Ban Gioc Waterfall – The largest and the most beautiful waterfall in Vietnam which sits on the Chinese border. The motorbike ride is up and down crossing small mountain passes and through some rustic villages of the local hill tribe. It’s true that the routes around this land can make the best motorcycle tour in Vietnam. After lunch and enjoying the amazing view of the fall, We can swim under the falls and picnic on bamboo rafts. Then in the afternoon we loop back to Cao Bang past even more spectacular karst scenery. Overnight in Cao Bang. The scenic ride today must be the best day of this 7 day motorcycle tour North Vietnam.
* Ban Gioc Waterfall: In this closed off region, where thousands of limestone monoliths loom high above paddy fields tended by Nung, Tay and Green Hmong peoples, you will find sealed, winding roads which make for excellent driving. The entire area rewards those willing to take the time to explore and share life with its people.
Day 4: Motorbike Tour around Cao Bang: 120 km
Today we will have a great offroad motorbike tour around to discover the hidden charm of Cao Bang. In the morning we strike north-west to the border, marked by a massive range of peaks, and pass over to Pac Po Cave where Ho Chi Minh made his return to Vietnam in 1941. Then we head straight up on challenging road, pass through deep, remote karst country and rest at a secluded lake deep in the forest. Late afternoon ride on sealed road back to Cao Bang and a soothing massage. Overnight in Cao Bang. words are not enough to describe this land but it’s truely another great day of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour.
Pac Bo Cave: North-West of Cao Bang and right up along the border with China, the cave is well known for having been the first refuge of Ho Chi Minh on his return to Vietnam in 1941. At the point where the famous Lenin Stream cascades down a waterfall from China, we will continue by foot to penetrate into the mystery of Vietnam’s Independence Movement and its surrounding jungle.
Day 5: Cao Bang – Ba Be Lake: 160 km
We move south-west from Cao Bang and breach several passes on route in an area hosting huge mountain scenery. The Cao Bac Pass offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. Descending the pass we see hillsides carpeted with apiaries, Vietnam’s most famous honey-producing areas. In the afternoon we arrive at Ba Be Lake in the heart of a National Park. Spending a half day boating around the lake see around the National park is the other highlight of this Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour. Overnight with a family in a Tay minority stilt house on the shores of the lake.
* Ba Be Lake: This pristine mountain lake, arguably Vietnam’s most beautiful lake, is situated 240 kilometres north of Hanoi. Surrounded by primary jungle and limestone cliffs, the surrounding areas are inhabited principally by Thai and Hmong peoples.
Day 6: Discover Babe lake by boat
Another great day to explore at the Ba Be National park and Lake. After breakfast with the local family, together with our guides take visits to some local markets, enjoy a boat cruise, go fishing, explore caves, dine with friends at the edge of a waterfall, enjoy the hospitality of the minority peoples who inhabit this area. We will take a boat up the seven-kilometre length of the lake to the Dau Dang waterfalls on the Gam River and also visit the 300m Long Phuong Cave. During the war the cave was one of the rare natural shelters for the local population hiding from the bombing. Overnight with a family in a Tay minority stilt house on the shores of the lake.
Day 7: End The Northeast Vietnam Motorbike Tour – Back to Hanoi: 240 km
Staying off the main road for as long as possible we head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi. We will be back in Hanoi at the Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert‘s shop at around 4:00 pm, leave the bikes and gears off then we will take you back to your hotel in city center by bus or taxi. Tour ends.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”