This 4 Day Northern Vietnam motorbike tour is one of our best Hanoi short motorbike tours in Vietnam. It is an enjoyable and easy even for the ones who have low level of motorbike riding skill. The destinations we chose to ride to are not famous but interesting attractions and the roads to ride on are almost smooth with nice view, not much off-road. within 4 days, you will see many different things each day such as an infinite lake of Thac Ba with thousands of islands, picturesque mountain passes and peaceful valley of Mai Chau with interesting and friendly people.
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba Lake: 180 Km.
Start this short northern Vietnam motorbike tour from the eastern outskirts of Hanoi at 8:30 am. We will get out of heavy city traffic by riding motorbike on the Red river dyke – with the length of 40 km along the Red river, the ride along the dyke is really enjoyable Vietnam motorbike tour with a great view of rice fields and villages. We will be in the midland of Doan Hung town at noon where our lunch is served in a little restaurant. After lunch, we can choose to motorcycle on the winding mountain roads to Thac Ba lake or take another longer roads to the lake that we can have a great offroad motorbike tour through some rustic villages and green tea fields. In the late afternoon, We will be in the peaceful village of Vu Linh where we stay overnight. We can take a 1.5 hour boat trip around the beautiful Thac Ba lake.
Vu Linh is a nice village of the Dzao people which located nearby the Thac Ba lake. Thac Ba is a largest man-made lake in Vietnam created by construction of Thac Ba Hydro Electric Station in the 1960s. with 80 km in length and some thousands of islands it is surely great chance to ride a boat around.
Day 2: Thac Ba lake – Phu Yen – 170 Km
We can start the day with a relaxing boat ride around the Thac Ba lake, the lake is known as Ha Long bay on mountain with more than 1300 islands so it is short boat trip but offers you wonderful time. After that keep enjoying the Northern Vietnam motorbike tour to Phu Yen, we will be in Yen Bai town at noon where we have lunch. Then after that we’ll have motorcycle ride on winding mountain roads to Phu Yen, we’ll cross the Lung Lo mountain pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in northern Vietnam. We can do some fun offroad motorcycle tours through some villages and rice fields when we get closer to Phu Yen.
Arrive in Phu Yen at 5:00 pm. Hotel stay.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Mai Chau – 160 km
Today is the highlight of this 4 day Vietnam motorcycle tour in North, it’s also a day for the fans of offroad motorbike tours. After breakfast, we will have great motorbike ride on the winding road along the Da river, chance to enjoy the beautiful road between the mountain and river with some villages of the Muong people. After crossing the river by ferry boat, we will motorbike up and up to Moc Chau plateau – attitude of 1000 meters above sea level. Lunch is in Moc Chau restaurant. After lunch we have short but beautiful motorbike tour on the Hua Tat pass – another beautiful mountain pass in North Vietnam which was built by the French. The motorbike ride on this quiet pass promise to be one of the best Vietnam motorbike tours.
We will be in Mai Chau valley at 4 PM. Home stay with the Thai people.
Day 4 : Motorbike Ride Back to Hanoi
There are some ways to ride back to Hanoi from Mai Chau. As an Expert for Vietnam Motorbike Tour, we suggest you to take 2 best roads below:
Option 1: Motorbike tour on the old French road along the Da river- 170 km
We will go back to the road No 6 and take a turn to small and less traveled French road that goes along the Da river lake. The view here is imposing. The road is winding and lies between mountain and the lake. This is one of the good Vietnam motorbike tours in northern area that we strongly recommend. We will count the time to be in Hanoi before rush hours and safely end the Central North Vietnam Motorbike Tour from Hanoi.
Option 2: Motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail back to Hanoi – 240 km
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert suggests you to take the option 2 if you are experienced motorbike riders. There are more interests on this road, especially you will have chance to have great motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail. However, it is much longer. We will count the time to be in Hanoi before rush hours and finish this Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour safely.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike