Northwest Vietnam is an ideal place for motorcycle touring in Vietnam, This 6 day Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour will take you to some untouched lands of the colorful hill tribes, show you the most beautiful rice terraces, scenic mountain passes and many amazing places NOT YET famous and touristy beside Sapa… This motorbike loop tour around Northwest Vietnam is the mixture of on and offroad/track and we can be flexible to make it easier or harder with less or more single/dirt tracks depending on your expectation. Below are just some pictures and videos of the trip that can’t say enough how great the tour is but it is surely one of our most recommended Motorcycle tours in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 170 Km
Unlike the other Vietnam motorcycle tour organizers, we yearly spend time to do road researching just in order to offer motorcyclists simply different and better touring roads and today’s motorbike ride to Mai Chau is an example. The itinerary can be copied but the road is our own.
Depart from our shop in the western part of Hanoi at 8:30 am. Just after 45 minute riding we will be in rustic countryside road through some rural villages locating between hills and rice fields. Lunch is in Yen Lac – Hoa Binh provice, the ride in the afternoon promise to be one of the highlight of these motorbike tours in North Vietnam, The ride will be offroad or on mountain back-roads with beautiful view of mountain, river and cute houses on stilts. We will be in Mai Chau valley at 5:00 pm. Home stay with the Thai people.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 160 Km
Breakfast at 8:00 am, It’s a easy and relaxing riding day so after breakfast we can take it easy with a short walk around the village to learn more about the interesting daily life of the Thai people. After saying good bye the hosts, we continue the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tour to Moc Chau, getting out of the valley by riding up and up to higher lands, we will see more villages of the Mong people. Once we get close to Moc Chau plateau, we’ll make a turn to small quiet road named Hua Tat pass, that is old French-built road with a great view of mountain so you can surely have great motorcycle ride on.
After lunch in Moc Chau, we will motorbike all the way down to the Da river lake to cross the river lake to Phu Yen. Before getting to Phu Yen town, we will have beautiful ride along the Da river this could be the highlight of this Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour. The ride remind you of the motorcycle tour on coastlines in Central and South Vietnam. We’ll finish the day at the hotel in small town of Phu Yen at 4:30 pm.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen: 210 Km
“Pho” is served for breakfast at 7:30 am. We start the ride at around 8:00 am. This is another highlight of motorbike tour in North Vietnam, we will cross some long, winding mountain passes that offer the imposing of mountain with terrace fields. We will do many stops for pictures and visits to the H’mong, Thai and Dzao people. We will be in Than Uyen at about 5:00 pm. Dinner and stay in a hotel.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Sapa: 150 Km
This short motorcycle tour to Sapa must be the highlight of the trip, the motorbike ride to Sapa from Than Uyen is short but offers amazing view of mountains. Beside some fun offroad motorcycle ride in the morning, we will ride on one of the most famous and beautiful passes in North Vietnam – O Qui Ho pass. The first half of the ride is on the hilly up and down roads through green, large tea fields. The other half is all the way up and up to the level of around 1600 meters where we call the town in cloud – Sapa. Lunch is in Sapa. After checking in the hotel in tow, we will have another short motorcycle tour along the Muong Hoa Valley – one of the most beautiful valley in North Vietnam where the tourist usually do walking and hiking along to visit some different village of ethnic people and take the picture of imposing terrace fields. We will be back to Sapa town at 5:00 pm.
Day 5: Sapa – Thac Ba Lake: 220 Km
It’s a big day ride! This Sapa motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake is long and there are many things to see and do during the day.
We start the day at 8:00 am. Right after the Sapa town we will make a turn on the small mountain road to away from touristy big road to Sapa. This ride is about 30 km through some villages of the H’mong and red Dzao people and gives you the great chance for pictures of scenic terrace paddy fields. After the mountain road ride will be at Lao Cai town where we can stop to have tasty local coffee and see the Chinese border. The ride after that is on the winding mountain road but could be busier so we should pay more attention to the road for about one hour and then we make another turn to back-roads again to have enjoyable motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake. We will arrive the lake at about 4:00 pm. If time permits we can have a short boat trip around the lake.
Day 6: Thac Ba Lake – Hanoi: 180 Km
There are some different ways back to Hanoi, they‘re almost busy ones, as a Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert we promise to take you on a safe and fun road that is far away from the busy and noisy highway in addition, basing on your request, we can offer a short offroad motorbike ride through green tea plantation, it’s short but promises to be one of the best off-road motorcycle ride in Vietnam. The last 15 km is the most difficult part of the day when we get back in Hanoi to join the crazy, busy and funny local traffic, just ride slowly to float with other local scooters, motorbikes back to the hotel. End this amazing motorbike tour Vietnam at around 4:00 pm.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike