This is one of our most recommended motorbike tours in Vietnam, within 12 day riding motorbike to almost corners of Northern Vietnam on some of the most imposing mountain passes in Northwest and Northeast, you’ll have chance to visit all the most beautiful terrace rice fields, the unique Rock Plateau in Ha Giang – Dong Van and the largest waterfalls – Ban Gioc and most beautiful natural lakes in Vietnam –Ba Be lake. This 12 Day Vietnam Motorbike Tour is the mixture of on and off-road motorbike riding with local culture discovering. It’s surely great experience of the authentic Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau Velley: 170 km
Depart from western edge of Hanoi at about 9:00, start motorbike riding to the Northwest of the Hanoi on the big free way. After one hour ride we’ll be in the countryside where the motorbike holiday is really enjoyable with riding on easy countryside back roads, seeing green nature and meeting smiling local people. The motorbike ride in the afternoon is surely the highlight of this North Vietnam motorbike tour with a lot of stop for beautiful pictures. We’ll be in Mai Chau valley at about 5:00 pm. Home stay in the villages of the Thai People.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 160 km
After breakfast and saying good bye to the Thai host, we keep motorbike touring up North Vietnam to Phu Yen. Today’s ride is short but offers some easy off-road challenge and many stops for picturing of landscapes and visiting the villages of local hill tribes. This ride also takes you to Moc Chau plateau in which you can see the large and green tea fields that become well-known to the Vietnamese people, in the afternoon, the motorcycle riding to Phu Yen offers amazing view along the beautiful Da river. Finish the enjoyable second day of the Motorbike tour in North Vietnam in a peaceful town Phu Yen at around 5:00 pm.
Check in the standard hotel in town.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Mu Cang Chai – Than Uyen: 210 km
For many riders all over the world, Northern Vietnam includes some of the best routes for motorcycle touring and the route from Phu Yen to Than Uyen via Mu Cang Chai is one of them. The road today is all what you wish to have on a motorbike tour in Vietnam with beautiful rice terrace fields, colorful hill tribes along the road, quiet traffic and long mountain pass with imposing view. The ride offers many stops for picturing and visiting the local people. This promise to be one of the best Vietnam motorbike tours. We’ll be in Than Uyen town and finish a great day riding at a hotel at around 5: 00 pm. Hotel stay.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Sapa: 110 km
It’s another amazing day of motorbike touring in North Vietnam, this short motorbike tour to Sapa offers a great view of mountain with large green tea fields and imposing Fanxipan peak, the ride will cross the O Qui Ho – one of the longest and most beautiful mountain passes in Northern Vietnam. You’ll have chance to take many pictures of breathtaking view of mountain at the level of around 2000 meters above sea level, riding a motorbike on this famous pass is surely a great experience, it’s surely one of the best part of this Vietnam motorcycle tour. We’ll finish riding in Sapa at noon then spend another half day to discover Sapa by foot of just take it easy to relax in town. Stay in hotel or home stay (optional)
After breakfast in Sapa, we’ll hit the road all the way down from Sapa on another side of the Hoang Lien mountain range. It also offers a great view of nature with more terrace rice fields. The motorbike ride today is almost on the smooth roads along the Chinese border through some rustic villages and nice terrace fields. We’ll end the fifth day of Northern Vietnam motorbike tour in the little town of Bac Ha at around 4: 00 pm. Check in a standard hotel in town.
Day 6: Bac Ha – Ha Giang: 190 km.
This Vietnam motorcycle tour to Ha Giang today gives you a completely different taste of riding. It has more off-road motorbike riding options and also offers a different view of mountain from the ones you’ve seen before. In addition, the ride via Hoang Su Phi could give you one of the best view of rice terraces if you come at the right time, it will surely make you feel worthy to be here with the motorbikes. This could be the highlight of this 12 day motorbike tour in North Vietnam. We’ll arrive Ha Giang at around 5:00 pm. Hotel stay.
Ha Giang – North Vietnam is always the best choice for motorcycle touring in Vietnam, being famous for the large and breathtaking plateau of rock with colorful and friendly people living around, Ha Giang and Dong Van Global Geo-park is always an attractive destination for motorcyclists whenever they come, you can see here the different beauties in different times and seasons. This Vietnam motorbike ride around Ha Giang should be the best part of this motorcycle tour in Vietnam. We’ll end the day in the middle of the rock plateau – little town of Meo Vac at around 5: 00 PM. Hotel stay.
Day 8: Meo Vac – Quang Uyen: 200 km
Leaving the amazing rock plateau of Dong Van – Ha Giang for Quang Uyen – where you can experience another beauty of North Vietnam. The motorbike tour today offers quite different view of nature in another part of North Vietnam where the mountains are more green but lower with more villages and ethnic people. We’ll corss Cao Bang city to get to little town named Quang Uyen where we stay overnight at a homestay.
The ride today is another highlight of this motorcyle tour North Vietnam. We’ll motorbike on almost quiet backroads through some peaceful villages with green peaceful view of nature. After having lunch nearby the Ban Gioc waterfalls, we’ll take some pictures of this largest waterfall in Vietnam before heading on another scenic road back to Cao Bang. Arrive at Cao Bang city at around 4:30. Check in the hotel then spend sometime to try some local beer in the city.
Day 10: Cao Bang – Ba Be lake: 150 km
We’ll have an easy riding day. Leaving the city, we’ll ride almost on smooth mountain passes to the largest natural lake – Ba Be lake, we’ll be there at lunch time then spend the afternoon with the team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert to discover the lake by boat, swimming on the lake or having a short walk around the villages nearby the lake and the Ba Be National Park. We’ll stay with the Tay people at a nice house on stilts.
The motorcycle ride today from Ba Be lake is almost on sealed back-roads with green view of nature and countryside, the ride is quite easy, it’s up and down on not so high mountains but offers many things to see and some interesting visits to rural villages of the hill tribes. We’ll arrive at a nice village of the Dzao people where we stay overnight at around 3:30 pm, leave the bikes at the homestay then spend the rest time of the day for the boat ride around the Thac Ba lake or easy walk around that peaceful village. Stay overnight in the stilt-house of the Dzao people’s village.
Day 12: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 km
Saying goodbye to the family then start the ride at around 8:00 AM. We’ll take some easy off-road to get out of the villages then keep stay sae and relax on the dyke road along some little rivers to go down to Hanoi. Around last15 km should be more difficult because we get closer to Hanoi city. We’ll end this great motorcycle tour Vietnam at around 4:30 PM at our bike shop in the western edge of the city. Leave the bikes at our shop then the Motorbike Tour Expert team will take you back to your hotel by car or taxi.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”