This 7 day motorcycle tour in north Vietnam offers almost the famous attractions in the northeast of Vietnam such as: Ba Be lake , Ban Gioc waterfall and Halong Bay… However this motorcycle tour is suitable only to the experienced riders, because the the Day 5 and the last day is not easy for the novices.
The first day is always the hard day. This Northeast Vietnam motorcycle tour can be start at the city center Hanoi at 8:00 we head straight up to the north east of Hanoi and after around 3 hour motorcycle ride we will be in the little peaceful town of Cho Chu where the local food is served for lunch!
The afternoon is the time for enjoying great fun of motorbike touring on the snake roads, mountain passes crossing some hill tribe’s villages. We will be at the Ba Be lake in the late afternoon.
Dinner and stay overnight in Pac Ngoi village – Home stay
Day 2: Ba Be Lake – Cao Bang : 150 Km
The sound from the Ba Be National Park or from the dogs, pigs and chickens in the villages may wake you up earlier than normal but that’s the chance to feel the morning fresh air and experience the new day in remote area of Vietnam.
After breakfast with the Tay family, we take a short walk to the Babe lake pier to start the 2 hour boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be lake.
After another lunch in Pac Ngoi village, we will have easy motorcycle tour to Cao Bang. The ride is about 150 Km from the village and it is almost on the smooth road up and up to Cao Bang where we stay the second night.
Overnight in Cao Bang – Hotel stay
This is the highlight of the Motorcycle Tour Northeast Vietnam. Getting out of the Cao Bang city, we will hit the road up north to the Chinese border on the winding road where there is almost no traffic but plenty of amazing mountain views with rustic villages of the colorful hill tribe. We will be at the Ban Gioc waterfall – the most beautiful waterfall in North Vietnam at luch time.
After the axing time at the fall to picture and swimming in the pure green water, get back to the bikes and enjoy a short North Vietnam motorcycle tour to Quang Uyen town
Overnight in Quang Uyen – Home Stay.
Day 4: Quang Uyen – Lang Son: 180 Km
This is another beautiful motorcycle ride in North Vietnam. The first half of the day is a ride in the quiet mountain area with nice view and the second half in the afternoon is a easy ride down to Lang son on some mountain passes which offer you the different view from the day before because we will get lower and lower where the mountains, people and villages look different. We will be in Lang Son city at around 4:30 PM. IF you don’t mind to ride in the busy city we can offer to have extra motorcycle ride to some big and colorful markets which locates in city center or at the border gates to China.
Stay in Lang Son city – Hotel stay
This motorbike tour to Halong Bay offers different views of North Vietnam, the traffic is a bit busier but there are more things to see along the way: the roads in the morning are quite flat leading through some little towns between hills and rice fields. In the afternoon, we will have motorcycle tour along the coastline to Ha Long city. We will finish the motorcycle trip to Halong at 5:00 PM.
Stay in Halong city – Hotel stay
Day 6: Ha Long Bay Discovery
Free time until 11:00 AM, take to short walk to the tourist wharf nearby the city and then join the other groups on the big boat. After sea food lunch on the boat, it is your time in the paradise of Halong bay. (Relaxing on the sun desk with cold beer or cocktail.., swimming, kayaking or seeing the natural lime stone caves)
Overnight on the boat
Day 7: Halong Motorcycle to Hanoi : 170 Km
After the quiet night on the boat, start the fresh morning with a local café and western-style breakfast. The boat keeps cruising around to see more Halong bay and then back to the city at lunch time.
After checking out the boat, we will back to the bikes and motorcycle straight back to Hanoi on the highway No 18. We will be back to Hanoi and finish the enjoyable Northeast Vietnam Motorcycle Tour at around 5:00 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”