Northwest of Vietnam is always an wonderful choice for motorbike tours in Vietnam for any Vietnam bikers or bikers all over the world because of its beauty in nature and culture. It is not only famous for amazing view of rice terrace fields (in Sapa and Mu Cang Chai…) but also attracts tourists with its colorful culture of hill tribes; besides, a motorcycle tour to Dien Bien Phu will give you chances to learn more about the Indochina war and understand how strong the Vietnamese people are! This 9 day North Vietnam Motorcycle Tour takes you off the beaten tracks and offers you the full view of the northern mountain areas of Vietnam that not many tourists who can not ride a motorbike can have a chance to experience.
Day 1: Hanoi to Mai Chau – 170 Km
Start this North Vietnam motorcycle tour from our shop in the outskirt of Hanoi after the rush hours so that you can have best confidence to enjoy the great trip to northwest of Vietnam. After 30 minutes slowly riding in city traffic, we will be on the small roads going through the countryside to keep us safe and feel the different Hanoi. Especially after lunch in Hoa Binh province, we will have enjoyable offroad motorbike tour through green mountains and villages of ethnic people, motorbike ridding along the Da river is also very enjoyable. The Da River lake looks like Halong bay with hundreds of green islands on. So this first day is also one of the best day of this motorbike tour in North Vietnam.
We will be Mai Chau at the sunset.
Overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay
Day 2: Mai Chau – Nghia Lo – 200 Km
Today is even more beautiful than the first day. It is a full day motorbike riding up and down hill with a lots of stops for stunning pictures of nature. We will ride on some small mountain passes and stop to visit some village of the Hmong and the Moung people along the way. It’s quote long ride and as the Vietnam Motorbike Tour expert, we can be flexible to take you on easy or hard roads depending on the weather or your riding skill so if you want we can make it full day with offroad tracks so it can be the greatest offroad Vietnam motorbike tours today. We will end the day in Nghia Lo at 5:00 am.
Overnight in Nghia Lo – Hotel
It is another great day. The road is almost quiet, smooth and the view is amazing with rice terraces. We will see plenty of terrace field in Mu Cang Chai especially from April to September is the best time to see this, the local hill tribe can plant the rice on every piece of land on the high mountain. Mu Cang Chai is one of the best regions for motorbike touring in North Vietnam. Like the days before, the local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert can take you on some single/offroad tracks and make it another fun offroad Vietnam motorbike tour if you like. We will finish the day at around 5 pm in Than Uyen town.
Overnight in Than Uyen – Hotel
After breakfast, at around 8:00 am, we continue the great North Vietnam motorcycle tour to Dien Ben Phu via the Hoang Lien Son National park. We will get chance to see more different ethnic people and different mountain view. We will see less rice fields but more green tea fields or green coin fields. We can also have some offroad motorbike ride near Dien Bien Phu if you’re still full of energy. Finish the motorcycle tour to Dien Bien Phu at 4.30 PM check in the hotel room and have some cold beer before dinner.
Overnight in Dien Bien Phu town – Hotel
Day 5: Dien Bien Phu Motorcycle Tour to Sin Ho – 160 Km
We will spend a half day to discover Dien Bien Phu, we will take some visit to some historical sites to understand more about the Indochina War and learn more about the Dien Bien Phu battle – The last, the most important and most famous battle between the Vietnamese and the French troops. After lunch in the city, get back on the bikes again and keep the Northwest Vietnam motorcycle tour to Sin Ho. The ride to Sin Ho is almost on smooth roads along the Da river with amazing view. It’s a short day but one of the most enjoyable days of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. We will end the day in Sin Ho at 5.00 PM.
Overnight in Sin Ho town – Hotel
Another short motorbike ride to Sapa but it is also the highlight of this 9 day Vietnam motorbike tour in North Vietnam. The motorbike ride is up and up and up to the “heaven gate”- the border between Lao Cai and Lai Chau, it is about 2000 meters above sea level. From here we can have great photo album of green mountain with blue sky. We will be in Sapa at lunch time. In the afternoon, you can have rest in hotel, do some short walk around villages of hill tribes or take a short Sapa motorbike touring along the Muong Hoa valley and visiting some villages living in the valley .
Overnight in Sapa
Day 7: Sapa – Lam Thuong valley – 190 Km
Lam Thuong valley is a NOT YET famous destination but it promises to be one of the best destinations for any North Vietnam motorbike tours. Lam Thuong is a beautiful valley with peaceful view of green rice fields between villages. One day in Lam Thuong must be the highlighted day of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour.
After saying good bye to Sapa town, we will be back on the bikes again and float all the way down to Lao Cai city. The 40 km road from Sapa offers some imposing mountain view and lovely villages of the local tribes. Stop the bikes at Lao Cai city to enjoy tasty local café and seeing China from the border. And then we flow the road No 70 down to Yen Bai province, the road is beautiful but you will see more traffic here. We finish the ride at a peaceful village in Lam Thuong valley at around 5.00 PM.
Overnight in Luc Yen – Home stay
Day 8: Lam Thuong – Thac Ba Lake – 80 Km
It is another easy and enjoyable motorcycle tour today to Thac Ba lake. The trip is along the lake bank from the beginning to the end. The road is small, quiet through the countryside but it is bumpy somewhere. The short but great motorcycle tour will end at Vu linh village – the village of the Dzao people which locates nearby the beautiful Thac Ba lake. After lunch with the local family we will have boat trip around this beautiful Thac Ba lake.
Thac Ba Lake is one of three Vietnam’s largest artificial lakes and famoust for the first hydro power plant. Thac Ba Lake is known as an actractive eco-tourism site located in Yen Bai province. This artificial lake has 1,331 islands and hills with diverse ecological environments. The water in the lake is blue and clear, and imprinted with the reflections of the surrounding ancient forest. It know as another Halong bay in Vietnam and ideal place to relax and have rest after offroad motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Day 9: Thac Ba – Hanoi – 180 Km
At around 8.00 AM, start the final day of the tour with another fun offroad motorbike ride. We will keep riding along the lake and choose some small roads which go through some green tea fields. It may last longer but there will be more things to see and less traffic. We’ll try to be at Hanoi before rush hours and end this great North Vietnam Motorcycle tour safely. Saying goodbye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and then we will take you your hotel in Hanoi city center by taxi or bus. Tour ends.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”