This is another Vietnam motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh Trail but unlike the others the tour starts from Sa Pa – the top north of Vietnam. It surely offers you the best overview of Vietnam beauty, Vietnam history and Vietnamese culture from the north to the south. This is the best Vietnam motorbike tour you should not skip if you have time in Vietnam.
Day 1 : Take A Night Train To Lao Cai – Sa Pa.
At 8 PM, bus and tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and escort you to Hanoi Railway station. Wake up after 8 hours sleep on the train you will be in Lao Cai. Get off the train and go straight to the hotel nearby the station.
Day 2: Short Motorbike Tour to Sapa – 40 km.
Get all the bikes ready after the night train, we start the tour at 9.30 AM. The road from Lao Cai to Sa pa is one of the northern Vietnam roads with the most beautiful view. We ride up to the attitude of 1600 meters above sea level in addition, there are some nice villages of the ethnic minorities on the way so we get many chance to take pictures and learn about Vietnamese culture. Especially, we will take a interesting visit to village of the Red Dzao people, before get to the hotel in Sa Pa.
Check in the hotel and have lunch.
In the afternoon, we have a short trek to Cat Cat village of the H’mong people.
Overnight in Sa Pa-Hotel.
You are free to explore Sa pa town and Sa Pa market by foot until 1.30PM, check out hotel and we continue the Top Vietnam motorbike tour to Than Uyen, we will make a splendid climb up to the top of Sapa on Tram Ton Pass – at over 2000m above sea level. This is the short motorbike trip but could be the most enjoyable motorbike ride in north Vietnam. The ride offers you amazing view of the Hoang Lien mountain ranges for miles and miles. We arrive in Than Uyen by 5 PM.
Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Mu Cang Chai – Phu Yen – 220 km.
We should start the day earlier today because the road to Phu Yen is quite long and especially it offers plenty of amazing view of rice terrace fields. Many stops for pictures and visiting the H’mong, the Thai and the Muong people.
Day 5: Phu Yen – Mai Chau. – 140 km.
After breakfast, we will have the short but enjoyable motorbike ride along the Da river to the ferry where we take the boat to cross the river. The road is winding and beautiful with the nice river view. After the river we motorcycle up and up to Moc Chau plateau – 100 meters above sea level – where we have lunch. And then take a small, quiet road down to Mai Chau. This road was built by the French in the 1920s, it old but still good for ride motorbike ride especially, the view from the road is nice. So surely we will have chance to enjoy another good motorbike tour in Vietnam.
Day 6: Mai Chau – Tan Ky: 290 KM.
After enjoying breakfast in the peaceful village of Mai Chau, keep enjoying a Vietnam motorbike tour on a small, spectacular and paved trail along the Ma river until Cam Thuy town where we stop for lunch and then start the Top Vietnam Motorbike Tour on the historical Ho Chi Minh trail and then stay all the way to Tan Ky town where we spend the night in a hotel.
Tan Ky is a very small town located in two sides of the Ho Chi Minh road, with some thousands of people this is good chance to experience the daily life of people in remote area.
Overnight in Tan Ky – Hotel
Day 7: Motorbike Tour on Ho Chi Minh Road to Phong Nha Ke Bang. – 280 km.
After simple breakfast served by local people, we keep motorcycling on the Ho Chi Minh trail until Pho Chau where we stop to visit the Ho Chi Minh Trail victory monument which is in fact the real starting point of the trail . And then hit all the way to Phong Nha – Ke Bang, the biggest and also the most beautiful cave in Vietnam and Indochina and is now a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site. The karst formation of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has evolved since the Paleozoic (some 400 million years ago) and so is the oldest major karst area in Asia. Subject to massive tectonic changes, the park’s karst landscape is extremely complex with many geographic features of considerable significance. The vast area, extending to the border of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, contains spectacular formations including 65 km of caves and underground rivers.
Diner and overnight in Phong Nha – Hotel
Day 8 : Phong Nha – Khe Sanh – 240 km.
From Phong Nha, the Ho Chi Minh Trail is divided into 2 branches one in the eastern side and another one is in the western side. The Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert recommends to ride on the western Ho Chi Minh trail. The trail goes through the National park of Phong Nha – Ke Bang, in more than 200 km, you will just see few other motorbikes but a lot of beautiful and beautiful landscapes. Especially, we will get chance to visit the former US Merine Base with tunnels, Air base and a interesting museum of Khe Sanh. It’s sure that the motorbike ride today is a best motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail – Vietnam.
Overnight in Khe Sanh – Hotel.
Day 9: Khe Sanh – Great Motorbike Tour to Vinh Moc Tunnel and Hue – 190 km.
The motorbike ride today is mostly on the big road from the west to the east of Vietnam. After breakfast, we will ride along the 17th parallel – the former border between the north and south of Vietnam. We will do some stops to visit the famous historical vestiges such as Hien Luong Bridge. Vinh Moc tunnel…
After lunch we will join the high way No 1 down to the beautiful city of Hue.
Arrive Hue at about 4.30 PM.
Dinner and overnight in Hue – Hotel.
Vinh Moc (Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam. During the Vietnam War it was strategically located on the border of North Vietnam and South Vietnam. The tunnels were built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh county of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone. The American forces believed the villagers of Vinh Moc were supplying food and armaments to the North Vietnemese garrison on the island of Con Co which was in turn hindering the American bombers on their way to bomb Hanoi. The idea was to force the villagers of Vinh Moc to leave the area but as is typical in Vietnam there was nowhere else to go. The villagers initially dug the tunnels to move their village 10 metres underground but the American forces designed bombs that burrowed down 10 metres. Eventually against these odds, the villagers moved the village to a depth of 30 metres. It was constructed in several stages beginning in 1966 and used until early 1972. The complex grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare. Around 60 families lived in the tunnels; as many as 17 children were born inside the tunnels.
Day 10: Discover the Hidden Charm of Hue.
Today we can choose between 2 options: Opt 1- Take a easy and relaxing bus tour in Hue to see some famous attractions in half day and another half day for free at leisure.
Opt 2- Take more interesting motorbike tour in Hue to see some famous attractions and discover the hidden charm of Hue for whole day.
Hue is well known for its historic monuments, which have earned it a place in UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. The seat of the Nguyen emperors was the Citadel, which occupies a large, walled area on the north side of the Perfume River. Inside the citadel was a forbidden city where only the emperors, concubines, and those close enough to them were granted access; the punishment for trespassing was death. Today, little of the forbidden city remains, though reconstruction efforts are in progress to maintain it as a historic tourist attraction.
Roughly along the Perfume River from Hue lie myriad other monuments, including the tombs of several emperors, including Minh Mang, Khai Đinh, and Tu Duc. Also notable is the Thien Mụ Pagoda, the largest pagoda in Huế and the official symbol of the city.
A number of French-style buildings lie along the south bank of the Perfume River. Among them are Quốc Học High School, the oldest high school in Vietnam, and The Hue Royal Antiquities Museum.
Day 11: Enjoyable Motorcycle Tour to Hoi An from Hue – 170 km.
After breakfast, we will have motorbike ride to the coastal road to go through the villages along the sea, enjoy the different view of Vietnam beauty and Vietnamese culture. After lunch we will have great Vietnam motorbike tour on famous Hai Van pass. The pass is between the mountains and the sea which surely offers you the great view.
Arrive Hoi An at 4.30 PM and end the Top Vietnam Motorbike Tour.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”