This is one of our most special motorbike tours in North Vietnam. This 7 day amazing motorbike tour Vietnam takes off the beaten track to the hidden lands in North Vietnam includes almost beautiful & interesting places and homestay but “NOT YET” touristy. The tracks/routes we ride on this tour are unique, scenic and safe which are well researched and chosen by the experienced guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert. If you are looking for a relaxed and scenic motorbike tour with plenty of culture and history discovery, this 7 Day/6 Nite Motorbike Tour to Hidden Land in Northwest Vietnam is your right choice!
Day 1: Hanoi – Moc Chau plateau (210 km)
Leaving the noisy city behind! At 8:30 am, Let’s be on the bikes and start the tour from Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert’s shop in the western edge of Hanoi, not long time riding from the shop, our local guide will take you on the countryside backroads or some easy offroad crossing the rice paddies. We’re heading to Moc Chau plateau which is 1000m above sea level. You will absolutely be blown away by the authentic value and lush green of mountainous area. Cool weather, spectacular tea plantations, peaceful villages… green and peaceful Moc Chau plateau is ideal to stay and get away from the hustle and bustle.
Day 2: Moc Chau – Muong La (180 km)
After breakfast at the homestay, we continue this special tour up to Muong La – the hidden land in northwest Vietnam. Going through many huge tea farms, seeing different ethnic groups, lush green passes, hydropower plants. Riding on a long fun dirt tracks through untouched area, visiting some rustic villages of the friendly hill tribes must be the highlight for the day and of this North Vietnam motorbike tours.
Day 3: Muong La – Tuan Giao (190 km)
As the local expert for the mountain routes, we have got few different routes to ride from Muong La to Tuan Giao, depending on the weather, your energy…we will choose the suitable one. They are all fun and interesting routes. If the weather is fine, we will spend most of our day on fun dirt/offroad tracks and back roads and this could be one of the most interesting offroad motorbike ride in North Vietnam. If the weather is wet, we can just stay on paved roads/ smooth mountain passes, going through Son La, which has a glorious history of fighting with the French army. Many historical and cultural sites and scenic landscapes certified by national and provincial authorities. Anyway, it’s still a stunning day with lush green scenery and beautiful mountain passes before staying in beautiful village of the Thai people near the quite town of Tuan Giao.
Day 4: Tuan Giao – Muong Lay (180 km)
Muong Lay is really the hidden land in Northwest Vietnam and an untouched land for tourism so the ride today is surely the highlight of this motorbike tour in Vietnam. Heading up and up to the far North west of Tuan Giao, stop to visit museum, old battle fields… You will know more about the biggest battle in our recent history. A lot of questions about the Vietnam war or the Dien Bien Phu battle will be answered by our local tour guides and those interesting stories about Vietnam history, this can make you love Vietnam better…If not, the next 100 km beautiful ride along the Da river surely makes you love the day. We will stay in a hotel right on the bank of Da river.
Day 5: Muong Lay – Sapa (180 km)
Today’s ride is quite easy and the scenery is different from the days before, it will be mostly on smooth mountain passes with stunning view of nature…especially we will ride crossing through one of the best beautiful passes in Vietnam – O Qui Ho pass with the height of around 2000m above sea level – This could be one of the most amazing part of this North Vietnam motorbike tour. We will be in Sapa in early afternoon, Sapa is a famous tourism destination in Vietnam we can spend few hours to see around before riding to a nice village of the Red Dao minority village where we will stay overnight and avoid touristic Sapa town.
Day 6: Sapa – Thac Ba lake (230 km)
It’s the longest day of this motorbike tour but it must be one of the most interesting days of this North Vietnam motorcycle tours. The ride today is mostly on smooth mountain pass and countryside backroad with nice view of hill tribe’s villages and green view of the Thac Ba lake. We will end the ride at around 4:00 om in Vu Linh village where the biggest man-made lake located. A boat trip around the lake is an award after the long ride. Enjoy swimming, if the weather permits. A big farewell party is waiting for you at local home.
Day 7: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi (180 km)
We will ride mostly on the back roads through quite villages along rivers, in the morning we can also do some easy offroad crossing the green tea fields or rustic villages of the Dzao people. After lunch, we will ride along the Thao and Red river to be away from some big and busy roads. The last 10 kilometers back to our office is a little bit challenges through the heavy traffic in Hanoi. We will arrive Hanoi and end this great North Vietnam Motorbike Tour at around 3:30 pm before the rush hour. Gear off, get some cold beers and our van will take you back to your hotel. Tour ends.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike