Ha Giang Loop Motorbike Tour From Hanoi – 5 Days
This is one of our most special and beautiful loop tour around Ha Giang and Northeast Vietnam. This 5 day Ha Giang Loop motorbike tour will not only show you almost outstanding views of rocky mountains in Ha Giang and Dong Van Karts plateau but also will offer some beautiful rides through villages and National park in Northeast Vietnam. We will tour around the poorest part of the country but you’ll see the most interesting and friendly people in addition, you will learn something interesting about the local tradition and culture. The ride is a mixture of easy tarmac roads and some hard offroad/single tracks however, we can be flexible to make it easy or hard depending on your expectation. All in all, this Ha Giang Loop Motorbike tour is a great adventure trip combining the discovery of beautiful nature and the local Vietnamese culture. People usually ask what time is the good time do this tour or that tour in Vietnam but for this Ha Giang loop tour, it’s always beautiful in any weather!
Day 1: Hanoi – Thac Ba Lake : 180 km (Homestay)
8:00 AM, We will come to pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi then take you to our shop by car/bus/taxi to start the trip from our shop. After a short briefing from our local tour guide and fitting the gears…this Ha Giang Loop motorbike tour will start at around 9 am. We will ride up to the North of Hanoi by taking a small, winding road along the Red river. Enjoy great view of river and rice paddies as we ride through green countryside and extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads. Lunch at a local restaurant in Doan Hung Town. After lunch we the ride will be more enjoyable with more scenic routes through beautiful countryside area in Yen Bai province. We can also so some easy and fun offroad motorbike ride through the rice and tea fields…Arrive in Vu Linh – nice village of the Dzao people that located nearby the Thac Ba lake. Just leave the bikes in the villages and we walk straight to the lake and enjoy 1.5 hour boat ride around this beautiful lake.
Thac Ba lake is one of the largest man-made lakes in Vietnam. With more than 3000 islands and always green, Thac Ba looks like another Ha Long Bay – A natural world heritage of Vietnam. This could be the highlight of the first day of this Ha Giang loop motorcycle tour. After having a swim, we will get back to the village for the dinner with the local family. Stay at a nice and warm homestay!
Day 2: Thac Ba lake – Ha Giang: 180 km (Hotel)
The ride to day is more beautiful and interesting than the first day. We have a few options to ride up to Ha Giang city today but we prefer to do a mixture option with some quiet tarmac roads and some fun offroad with wooden bridges…After leaving the family, we keep riding along the Thac Ba lake on the smooth scenic road…then enjoy some offroad riding through villages or palm hills…We will ride through some different hill tribes’ community where we will stop to have rest and the local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will tell you some thing interesting about the tradition and culture of the tribes here. We will end the day earlier than normal at around 4:00 pm. Our tour guide will need couple minutes to ask the permits for the next days riding when we will ride into the border/frontier areas where the amazing Ha Giang loop tour really starts. We will stay in a hotel in Ha Giang city.
Day 3: Ha Giang – Dong Van – Meo Vac : 170 km (Hotel)
Today must be the best day of this Ha Giang loop motorbike tour. The ride today is mostly on small challenging mountain roads (but incredibly beautiful) on the land of colorful hill-tribes. We will be on some of the longest and most beautiful passes in Vietnam such as the Ma Pi Leng, ‘Heaven Gate’ pass. We will ride through the poorest part of Vietnam and see the most colorful people –“flower H’mong” so it is also a good chance to learn and experience the colorful culture of local. It is inspiring to see how they survive as they manage live in the rocks. When we reach town we will have some extra time to wonder the ancient streets lined with H’mong homes of clay bricks and tiles roofs built centuries ago. The ride today is really interesting and today’s route could be one of the best routes for motorcycle touring in Vietnam.
We will stay in a hotel in Meo Vac town.
Day 4: Meo Vac – Ba Be Lake: 180 km (Homestay)
To save time for the boat trip in Ba Be lake, We should start the day earlier so after breakfast, we start riding at around 8 am . Today’s ride is still on some interesting off-road track, crossing the rivers and some little bridges…. Just after 20km from Bao Lac we turn to narrow and bumpy road with breathtaking view of terrace rice paddies. We will ride mostly on the little back roads with peaceful view of the countryside…especially we will load all the bikes on the boat to take a boat ride along the Pe Leng rider to the Ba Be lake – the largest natural lake in Vietnam. This is a great experience. You can have a great of the Ba Be national and lake from the boat beside we can stop to have a swim or visit the caves along the ride. We will end the day in a village of the Tay people locating next to the lake. Dinner and stay at a homestay.
Ba Be Lake – Another Halong bay on mountains, Know as the biggest natural lake in Vietnam, Ba Be lake and National park become the top destination for local tourist for many year due to it’s special beauty and biodiversity. There are plenty of activities for you when you’re here in the park: You can do hiking all day in the green park to see the cave, waterfall, swimming on the lake or fishing…
Day 5: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi: 240 km (End the tour in Hanoi)
After leaving the homestay, we can do some easy offroad motorcycle tour next to the Ba Be national park and then our local guide team will do the best to take you off the main road for as long as possible. We head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi. The last 80 Km is the most difficult part of the tour while we have no better choice but riding on the big road back to Hanoi city center with the busier local traffic. The tour will end at around 3:30 PM at our shop. After saying good bye the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, we will take you back to your hotel by a private van!
You have another option: If you don’t really like to ride the last 80 km back to Hanoi, you can stop the tour in Thai Nguyen city then we will come and take you back to Hanoi by a private van!
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”