Why this 4 Day Ha Giang Loop tour by motorbikes is special? Within 3 nights/4 days touring with the local experienced English speaking guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, you will have a great chance to picture all the most beautiful landscapes in Ha Giang, Dong Van karst plateau geopark…we will show you not only the well-known beautiful in Ha Giang such as the Ma Pi Leng pass, Tham Ma twisty roads, Lung Cu flag pole…but we will also show you some hidden beauty of this amazing land by riding off the beaten tourist tracks on some of our own discovered goat tracks/buffalo tracks…that only the real local guides who love the adventure and like to explore the hidden beauty can find and show you. Besides viewing the amazing beauty of nature, you will have chance to deeply interact with the most interesting local hill tribes who can show you the the daily life, how to live happily in difficult condition of life. Dining and staying with them during the tour may make you change your thoughts about life and happiness. This is different from other Ha Giang loop tours, this 4 day tour will start and end in Ha Giang city.
Day 1: Ha Giang – Nam Dam handicraft village – Yen Minh: 140 km (Homestay)
8:00 am. The local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will pick you up at your hotel or any place you wish then we will take you all to our starting point in the edge of the Ha Giang city.
After gearing up and fitting the bikes, we will start riding up and down out of the city of Ha Giang, we will make the first stop at the Pac Sum pass where we can take a short hike up to the higher hill to get the majestic view of the beautiful valley with rustic villages of the Tay and Thai people…
We will keep riding up and up to the famous heaven gate in Tam Son. This is another peak of mountain with the height of more than 1200 m above the sea where you can have an amazing panorama view of nature. This is quite popular destination so you may see some other tourist here but we need to stop and take a look on this Ha Giang motorbike tour.
After that we will keep motorbike ride up and down to the middle of the Rock Plateau and the next stop will be the Twins Hill, and visit the interesting village of the Dzao people, Nam Dam village…..it’s a great chance to take a short walk around the village to see special architecture of all the clay houses here and it’s also great experience to learn and feel about the daily of local people here. We will also enjoy the lunch with the local food here in the village.
In the afternoon, we will continue this amazing Ha Giang loop tour through the Rock Plateau and see some beautiful valleys with the view of unreal nature. Besides, we will see other villages in which the local people can make beautiful handicraft. We will end the day in Yen Minh where we stay at a homestay.
Day 2: Yen Minh – Dong Van (Overnight in a hotel)
Today’s ride must be the highlight of this Ha Giang loop tour by motorbike. After saying good bye to the local host, we will enjoy a beautiful motorbike ride long the Rock Plateau to Dong Van, we will cross the famous twisty Tham Ma pass where we can take some amazing pictures and have chatting with some cute ethnic kids. This famous pass is like the simple of Ha Giang. Then we will keep motorcycle down to to a beautiful village of the H’Mong people visiting some interesting people and beautiful houses with more than 100 years old. After leaving the village, we will keep riding motorbike up and up to the top north of the Dong Van plateau to see the meaningful flag pole Lung Cu. This is the highlight of this Ha Giang loop motorbike tour. The Lung Cu flag pole locates in the most reamte area of the rock plateau, it’s known as the northernmost point of Vietnam lying on the border with China.
From the top of the flag pole, we can take beautiful pictures of nature and learning about the interesting history of Vietnam from the local Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert guides. Lunch is served at the local restaurant after the flag pole. In the afternoon is an easy ride with some interesting visit to special ethnic people in Dong Van, right after lunch we will ride to a nice village of the Lo Lo people, it’s interesting people with different custom and tradition and especially they build and live in wonderful and beautiful clay houses.
Then we continue this amazing Ha Giang loop tour with a scenic ride to dong van town where we stay overnight in a hotel. We can do check in the hotel and stop riding for the day or we can continue ride to a peaceful ancient village which located close to the Chinese border.
Day 3: Dong Van -Ma Pi Leng Pass – Meo Vac – Du Gia village (Hometsay)
We can start the day with a short morning walk to the colorful market of the enthic people in Dong Van town centre.We will start again this amazing Ha Giang loop motorbike tour at around 9:00 am. Right after leaving the Dong Van town, we will enjoy a great ride on the Ma Pi Leng pass, the pass is one of the most beautiful mountain pass in Vietnam, with the height of 1,500 meters above the sea level and the length of around 20 km it offers amazing view of nature with amazing rocky cliffs on either side and breathtaking views of the valleys
After the Ma Pi Leng pass, we will ride motorbike down to beautiful town of Meo Vac, we will pay some visits to several rustic villages of the H’Mong and Lo Lo people…who have hard life because they have to live on the Rocky Plateau where they find difficult to farm and even hard to have enough fresh water for the daily fife. Lunch is served in the local restaurant in Meo Vac.
After lunch, continue this beautiful Ha Giang loop tour with a scenic motorbike ride to Du Gia village. The ride in the afternoon offers quite a different view to compare with the days before. We will ride down and down to lower land areas with more populated occupation, giving us more chances to see more interesting ethnic people and greener mountain and farms. We will end the ride in a peaceful and beautiful village of the Tay people in Du Gia where we spend an interesting homestay. We can get off the bikes and take a short walk around the village before dinner with the family.
Day 4: Du Gia -Bac Me – Ha Giang
The finally day of this beautiful day of Ha Giang loop tour is an easier ride. The ride will be mostly down and crossing not very challenging roads. The motorbike routes we take you on today is quite quiet which offer peaceful view of countryside with rustic wooden houses and rice terraces. We can pay some more visits to some of the nicest villages on the way. The local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert have a few options to ride back so it can be longer or shorter depending on your expectation and energy but we usually get back to the Ha Giang city at around 3:30 pm. This Ha Giang loop tour can be ended at your hotel or the bus station up on your request.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike