We are confident to say this is the correct address to find an offroad motorcycle tour in Vietnam. Most of the tours made by Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert are the mixture of on and off-road riding, depending on the weather and the riding skill of the riders we can be flexible to make it harder with more dirt-tracks/off-road trals or make it easier with mostly paved back-road. This 6 day Northwest Vietnam motorcycle tour from Hanoi is written for the experienced riders or for the people who want to challenge themselves. Besides, it’s also the one can show you another Vietnam and show you interesting culture of the colorful hill tribes in the remote area in North Vietnam.
Day 1: Starting the offroad motorcycle tour from Hanoi to Mai Chau: 160 km – Homestay
The first day of this offroad motorcycle tour from Hanoi is an easy day. After tour briefing by our guide about: traffic, distances, sights … You will leave Hanoi around 9:30. Slowly escaping the noisy city, then stop for lunch somewhere on the way before you heading up the mountains with the beautiful windy back roads and small off roads. Settle at the home stay round 4:00 have beers while listening about the Thai’s cultures. Dinner’s served at the home stay.
70 km on roads, 90 km on back and small off roads
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 170 km – Hotel
As usual, you are leaving the home stay around 8:30, slowly riding through beautiful villages of Thai ethnic group before you enter in unbeaten tracks, somewhere we call untouched areas right after the valley of Mai Chau and the offroad motorcycle tour North Vietnam really starts. Throughout a lot of green tea plantations, corn, banana farms, meeting big smiles from local people… That will blow your minds away. River crossing by a small boat and continuing off roads to Phu Yen, home stay or hotel stay will be on your need.
40 km on roads, 60 – 80 km off roads, the rest is on back roads
Day 3: Phu Yen – Ngoc Chien: 180 km – Homestay
After having a hot breakfast made by local, We will continue the offroad motorcycle tour. Today’s ride is full of off-road riding/challenge. It’s approximately around 110 km. If you think it’s too long or too hard for you, we – the Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert can also change to ride on a different route so that the challenge will be easier. We always have our back up plan for everyday to meet up your need, so don’t worry about that. Pass by a big hydro power station before you arrive in a beautiful special home stay. Why this home stay is special? ‘Cause there is a natural mineral hot spring right underneath the house. That will be a good treatment to help you to recover from a long day off roads. Dinner’s served at the home stay.
40 – 110 km off roads
Day 4: Ngoc Chien – Mu Cang Chai – Sapa: 210 km – Homestay
Another beautiful day with a lot of stops for pictures, you will be through the best area in Vietnam where is very famous for rice terraces. Off roading up to high mountains where you think you get lost in paradise. Hundreds stops, thousands of pictures will be taken that what we guess. Heading up to peak of mountain (2000 meters above sea level) before we arrive at the home stay in Sapa around 4:00. Herbal bath in the hot tub, beers or walking around the village before the dinner is the good way to make this a highlight of this offroad motorcycle tour in North Vietnam.
50 – 70 km off roads, 30 km on back roads and the rest in on roads
Day 5: Sapa – Thac Ba lake: 230 km – Homestay
Long easy day, heading down from high mountains, following the twisty side roads to avoid the traffic, just only stay on the main road 70 around 50 km and then all the back roads, small off roads to the beautiful home stay of White Dao minority locating right next to biggest man-made lake in Vietnam. Highlight for today is the boat trip around the lake where you can have beautiful sunset pictures if the weather is good. A big farewell party’s organized by the host with a lot of what we call Rice Wine.
50 km on main roads, the rest is on back and small off roads
Day 6: Thac Ba – Hanoi: 180 km
The final day of this great 6 day offroad motorcycle tour Northwest Vietnam is an easy day with interesting ride, cruising back to Hanoi on the dyke of 2 rivers. Lunch will be at Viet Tri town or if you want to spend more time in Hanoi, we can leave the home stay earlier so you can have lunch in Hanoi before we drop you off at your hotel. Tour ended!
+ Some first and last 15 km of this tour is a fun ride with local traffic, there is no other choices to ride off-road when we get closed to Hanoi
+ We can be flexible to make it easier or harder depending on your energy/weather… so please just let us know your expectation then we will design the own one for you!
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike