This 6 Day Ha Giang Motorbike Tour is one of our best Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours. It does not only offer the amazing view of Global Rock Plateau in Dong Van, Ha Giang, beautiful natural lake of Ba Be but also gives plenty of chances to visit and discover the colorful culture of the local hill tribes who have the hard life but always are happy and proud of their culture and homeland. The ride is a great mixture of on and off road tracks with amazing view of nature. We can be flexible to make it an easy ride with just smooth back roads but we can also make it a really hard off road Vietnam motorbike tour with plenty of singe tracks/dirt tacks.
Explore the rugged and wild landscapes of northeast Vietnam on this incredible 6-day motorbike tour! Our North Vietnam Motorbike Tours take you high into the towering peaks to reveal stunning vistas and colorful hilltribe villages few tourists experience. Book your northeast Vietnam adventure now!
Day 1: Motorbike tour to Ba Be Lake From Hanoi. – 240 Km.
This great motorcycle tour to Ba Be Lake – northeast of Vietnam starts at around 8 AM. We try the best to avoid busy city road by riding on the countryside backroad through some villages and some fun offroad ride crossing the rice and tea fields until Cho Chu town ( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have luch. After lunch, we surely have more enjoyable motorcycle ride to Ba Be national park because the roads have less traffic and show you a lot of grand mountain view. The ride closed to the Ba Be national park through the jungle road could be the best part of this motorbike tour North Vietnam. At about 4 PM, We arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side.
Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể; Ba means Three, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park. Ba Be national park and Ba Be lake must be a great places for offroad motorcycle tour because around the national park there are plenty of great green tracks that can meet fully the expectation of any offroad riding fans.
Day 2: North Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Bao Lac – 120 km.
Today we will continue the Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour by a relaxing day with a fan boat ride around the Ba Be lake and an short enjoyable motorbike ride. After the breakfast with the family, Take a short walk about 1km to the pier and then enjoy one and a half hour boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be. Lunch with the Tay family, In the after noon we will have short but best off-road motorbike tour in Vietnam. The ride is through small part of Ba Be National Park, many beautiful villages and some streams, the tour will give you a lot of challenge and amazing beauty of the northern mountain area.
Arrive Bao Lac at 5 PM. Stay in town – Hotel.
Day 3: Amazing Motorbike tour to Dong Van. – 120 km.
It’s a short ride but could be the highlight of this motorbike tour in North Vietnam. Start the day at about 9 Am, ride slowly along the Gam river to enjoy the green mountains and mountains. We will be in Meo Vac for lunch. After lunch, it could be the best motorbike tour in Vietnam to ride cross Ma-Pi-Leng pass – one of the longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam. Ma Pi Leng is one of 4 most difficult and beautiful passes in Vietnam, the scenery from the pass is amazing, riding on this beautiful pass is one of the best highlight of this or any North Vietnam motorbike tours. We can have hundreds of stops for picture of The Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park, and the local ethnic minorities.
Stay overnight in Dong Van town – Hotel.
Day 4: Enjoyable motorbike ride through the Dong Van Karst plateau to Ha Giang – 160 km.
We will visit one of the most remote land in Vietnam where are special with many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and imposing mountain view of the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. Besides some stops for interesting visits to local hill tribes we can stop any where along the road to take a great picture of nature. This is surely the best road for motorbike tours in north Vietnam with many interesting and amazing things in every meter of the road. Our words are really not enough to tell how amazing this area is but for us, this is the best day of this 6 day Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours.
We arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon. Stay in a hotel
Day 5: Ha Giang Motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake – Vu Linh – 170 km.
The Ha Giang motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake today is a light adventure. We will ride on a smooth road to get out off the Ha Giang town and then we will take a turn on a small path through some rustic villages of the Dzao people, we will have a great discovery of Vietnam countryside by motorbike. The ride after lunch is even more beautiful and with mostly through the rice paddies, small villages and the lake view we we get closed to the village we can have a fun offroad motorbike tour to enjoy a great view of the lake.
Thac Ba Lake is one of the largest and most beautiful artificial lakes of Vietnam. The lake was created as part of the hydroelectric plant project in Yen Bai in the 1960s. It boasts clear water surrounded by mountains and tropical forests.
There are 30 different ethnic groups living in surrounding regions of Thac Ba Lake. Among them, Tay, Nung, Thai, Muong, Dzao and Kho Mu ethnic people still proudly keep their primitive traditions and customs.
Vu Linh is one of the Dzao’s beautiful villages which is chosen by Vietnam motorbike tour expert to stay. The village is located close to the Thac Ba lake so we can have great chance to discover the beauty of the lake at any time.
We will be in Vu Linh at about 3 PM. Spend the rest time of the day to discover Thac Ba lake by a small local fishing boat.
Overnight in Vu Linh – Home stay.
Day 6: Finishing the North Vietnam motorbike tour back to Hanoi. 180 km.
The local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will do the best to avoid the main busy road for as long as possible . we will ride longer to get to road No2B in which there is less traffics on. Then hit the road down to Red River Delta. The roads are the mixture of both challenging track and different interest all the way back to Hanoi.
Be at Hanoi before rush hours and ends one of the best Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours safely!
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike