This 6 Day Motorbike Tour to Ha Giang and North Vietnam is one of our best Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours. It does not only offer the amazing view of Global Rock Plateau in Dong Van, Ha Giang, beautiful natural lake of Ba Be but also gives plenty of chances to visit and discover the colorful culture of the local hill tribes who have the hard life but always are happy and proud of their culture and homeland. The ride is a great mixture of on and off road tracks with amazing view of nature. We can be flexible to make it an easy ride with just smooth back roads but we can also make it a really hard off road motorbike tour with plenty of singe tracks/dirt tacks.
Day 1: Motorbike tour to Ba Be Lake From Hanoi. – 240 Km.
This great motorcycle tour to Ba Be Lake – northeast of Vietnam starts at around 8 AM. We try the best to avoid busy city road by riding on the countryside backroad through some villages and some fun offroad ride crossing the rice and tea fields until Cho Chu town ( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have luch. After lunch, we surely have more enjoyable motorcycle ride to Ba Be national park because the roads have less traffic and show you a lot of grand mountain view. The ride closed to the Ba Be national park through the jungle road could be the best part of this motorbike tour North Vietnam. At about 4 PM, We arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side.
Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể; Ba means Three, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park. Ba Be national park and Ba Be lake must be a great places for offroad motorcycle tour because around the national park there are plenty of great green tracks that can meet fully the expectation of any offroad riding fans.
Day 2: North Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Bao Lac – 120 km.
Today we will continue the Northeast Vietnam motorbike tour by a relaxing day with a fan boat ride around the Ba Be lake and an short enjoyable motorbike ride. After the breakfast with the family, Take a short walk about 1km to the pier and then enjoy one and a half hour boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be. Lunch with the Tay family, In the after noon we will have short but best off-road motorbike tour in Vietnam. The ride is through small part of Ba Be National Park, many beautiful villages and some streams, the tour will give you a lot of challenge and amazing beauty of the northern mountain area.
Arrive Bao Lac at 5 PM. Stay in town – Hotel.
It’s a short ride but could be the highlight of this motorbike tour in North Vietnam. Start the day at about 9 Am, ride slowly along the Gam river to enjoy the green mountains and mountains. We will be in Meo Vac for lunch. After lunch, it could be the best motorbike tour in Vietnam to ride cross Ma-Pi-Leng pass – one of the longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam. Ma Pi Leng is one of 4 most difficult and beautiful passes in Vietnam, the scenery from the pass is amazing, riding on this beautiful pass is one of the best highlight of this or any North Vietnam motorbike tours. We can have hundreds of stops for picture of The Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park, and the local ethnic minorities.
Stay overnight in Dong Van town – Hotel.
We will visit one of the most remote land in Vietnam where are special with many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and imposing mountain view of the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. Besides some stops for interesting visits to local hill tribes we can stop any where along the road to take a great picture of nature. This is surely the best road for motorbike tours in north Vietnam with many interesting and amazing things in every meter of the road. Our words are really not enough to tell how amazing this area is but for us, this is the best day of this 6 day Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours.
We arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon. Stay in a hotel
Day 5: Ha Giang Motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake – Vu Linh – 170 km.
The Ha Giang motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake today is a light adventure. We will ride on a smooth road to get out off the Ha Giang town and then we will take a turn on a small path through some rustic villages of the Dzao people, we will have a great discovery of Vietnam countryside by motorbike. The ride after lunch is even more beautiful and with mostly through the rice paddies, small villages and the lake view we we get closed to the village we can have a fun offroad motorbike tour to enjoy a great view of the lake.
Thac Ba Lake is one of the largest and most beautiful artificial lakes of Vietnam. The lake was created as part of the hydroelectric plant project in Yen Bai in the 1960s. It boasts clear water surrounded by mountains and tropical forests.
There are 30 different ethnic groups living in surrounding regions of Thac Ba Lake. Among them, Tay, Nung, Thai, Muong, Dzao and Kho Mu ethnic people still proudly keep their primitive traditions and customs.
Vu Linh is one of the Dzao’s beautiful villages which is chosen by Vietnam motorbike tour expert to stay. The village is located close to the Thac Ba lake so we can have great chance to discover the beauty of the lake at any time.
We will be in Vu Linh at about 3 PM. Spend the rest time of the day to discover Thac Ba lake by a small local fishing boat.
Overnight in Vu Linh – Home stay.
Day 6: Finishing the North Vietnam motorbike tour back to Hanoi. 180 km.
The local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will do the best to avoid the main busy road for as long as possible . we will ride longer to get to road No2B in which there is less traffics on. Then hit the road down to Red River Delta. The roads are the mixture of both challenging track and different interest all the way back to Hanoi.
Be at Hanoi before rush hours and ends one of the best Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours safely!
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”