One of the best short motorbike tours in Vietnam designed by Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert. This 4 day Northeast Vietnam motorcycle tour to Ba Be lake must be the best choice for all bikers who don’t have much time can experience clearly the hidden charm of Vietnam with beautiful lakes on the mountains, green winding passes and colorful culture of the tribes in Vietnam. The motorbike ride is both on smooth back-roads with scenic views of nature and some offroad tracks that can meet fully the expectation of all offroad bikers.
Day 1. Hanoi – Vu linh. – 180 km.
At 8.30 AM, we start the motorbike tour to Ba Be lake (Northeast of Vietnam ) from the outskirt of Hanoi. We will keep the bikes away from the busy traffic by taking a small, winding road along the Red river. Enjoy great view of the river and rice paddies as we ride through countryside and extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields. See the daily life of the local when being in the heart of the biggest delta in northern Vietnam – Red River delta. Lunch is at a local restaurant in Doan Hung Town. After lunch, the motorbike ride is more beautiful and we can have a great offroad motorbike tour to Thac Ba Lake on the quiet road with a nice mountain view. The first day of the tour will be finished by a enjoyable boat ride on the beautiful Thac Ba lake near Vu linh village.
Dinner and home stay in Vu Linh.
Day 2. Thac Ba Lake Motorbike Tour to Ba Be National park. – 200 km.
This day must be the highlight of this motorbike tour to Ba Be lake. After breakfast, we will ride motorbike crossing over the the Song Gam mountain range and then take a great motorcycle ride through the rain forest on a rocky, bumpy and winding roads to Tuyen Quang province, we continue on sealed road through renowned tea growing areas, where the hillsides are literally covered in plantations, from here it’s a short motorbike ride through Ba Be national park. The motorbike ride today is a mixture on and offroad but offer a great view of green nature and fresh air, for us this short ride today can be the best part of this Vietnam motorbike tour. We will end the ride at the villages of the Tay people – Pac Ngoi Village where we stay overnight at 5 PM.
Overnight in Pac Ngoi village – Home stay.
Day 3. Enjoy Relaxing Boat Trip on Ba Be Lake and Short Ride to Bac Kan. – 70 km
We are now in the middle of the Ba Be national park and lake in which there are many things to see and do so today is another highlight of this short Vietnam motorcycle tour. The local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will choose the best suitable options to make a great day for you. Depending on the weather and your expectation, we can do more fun offroad motorbike ride today or we can spend all days in the lake and National park by foot or boat…
After breakfast, take a short walk about 1km to the pier of the lake. Take a boat and enjoy a tour around Ba Be lake, take pictures of the breathtaking mountain views from the boat. Do some short trek in the jungle or short walk on some islands. Come back to the village at noon time for lunch, After that take a short motorbike tour to Bac Kan.
Dinner and overnight in Bac Kan – Hotel.
Day 4. Motorbike Tour Back to Hanoi. – 220 km.
Leaving Bac Kan, Our local guide team will keep as far away from the big and busy roads as possible…then slowly head south to go back to Hanoi, The scenery in the morning is still amazing when we ride corssing some mountain passes until Thai Nguyen. Lunch is in Thai Nguyen . Arrive in Hanoi before rush hours and finish perfectly the North Vietnam motorbike tour to Ba Be Lake at around 4:oo PM.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike