Ha Long bay is one of the most famous destination for tourists touring in Vietnam. Most of tourist go to the bay by car or bus from Hanoi and take a 2 day boat trip to see the small popular corner of Ha Long bay with the big caves and fishing floating villages. So this 4 day Vietnam motorbike tours to Ha Long and Cat Ba island is the hardest and most interesting design of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert local team. Ha long bay is about 1.500 square kilometers, It is big enough to choose a different and more suitable part to enjoy. This great Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Long bay and Cat Ba island is designed for tourist who wanna see Ha Long bay in different way and enjoy different bay with less tourists. This is one of our best Northeast Vietnam motorbike tours; However it’s not suitable to the novice!
Day 1: Hanoi – Hai Phong 120 km
At 8 AM, we motorcycle to the north east of Hanoi from city center, after 15 km riding we will take a visit to famous ceramic village of Bat Trang by taking a short walk around the village to see the daily life of the local people and learn more about how to make ceramic from the local.
After that, we keep going to the northeast to Hai Phong city. We will arrive hotel in Hai Phong at 3 PM. We can choose to see some good attractions in the city or have rest in hotel.
Overnight in hotel – Hai Phong
Day 2: Ha Phong – Cat Ba by Boat
After breakfast in hotel, we will take a bus to the wharf and take a speed boat to Cat Ba island. We will be in the island one hour later and right after that we join another boat trip to discover beautiful Lan Ha bay and southern part of Ha Long Bay. Sea food lunch is on the boat. All the day you can be lazy on the sun desk, do swimming at some nice beaches without tourist. See the floating fishing villages or do kayaking through some stalactite caves. We will be back to Cat Ba island in the late afternoon.
Overnight in hotel – Cat Ba.
Day 3: Discovery Cat Ba island.
After breakfast in hotel, we will have a short but great motorcycle tour around Cat Ba island.
(Cat Ba is the largest of the 366 islands spanning 260km2 that comprise the Cat Ba Archipelago, which makes up the southeastern edge of Ha Long Bay in Northern Vietnam. Cat Ba island has a surface area of 285 km2 and maintains the dramatic and rugged features of Ha Long Bay. It is commonly used as an overnight hotel stop on tours to Ha Long Bay run by travel agents from Hanoi. This island belongs to Haiphong city – the most famous city of industry in Vietnam.
Cat Ba is the largest island in the Bay and approximately half of its area is covered by a National Park, which is home to the highly endangered Cat Ba Langur. The island has a wide variety of natural ecosystems, both marine and terrestrial, leading to incredibly high rates of biodiversity. Types of natural habitats found on Cat Ba Archipelago include limestone karsts, tropical limestone forests, coral reefs, mangrove and sea grass beds, lagoons, beaches, caves, and willow swamp forests. Cat Ba Island is one of the only populated islands in Ha Long Bay, with roughly 13,000 inhabitants living in six different communes, and 4,000 more inhabitants living on floating fishing villages off the coast. The large majority of the population can be found in Cat Ba town, which is located at the southern tip of the Island (15 km south of the national park) and is the commercial center on the Island. Since 1997, Cat Ba town has grown rapidly and has become a tourist hub for both the Island and greater Ha Long Bay.)
The motorbike ride will offers you some peaceful villages located between the National park and the ocean and some beautiful caves. We should finish the motorbike tour at noon at the hotel in order to spend another half day at some beautiful beaches nearby hotel.
Overnight in Hotel – Cat Ba town.
Day 4. Boat trip back to Hai Phong and motorcycle tour back to Hanoi.
Free in the morning until 10 AM take a short walk to the speed boat wharf and then spend one and a half hour on the boat. After getting on Hai Phong city, let’s go straight to the restaurant for lunch and then get the bikes to ride back Hanoi. We will finish the great Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Long bay and Cat Ba island at the office of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert in the outskirt of Hanoi, leave the bikes and gears with us and we will arrange a taxi to take you back to your hotel in the city center. Tour end at around 5:00 pm.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike