Ha Giang is one of the remote provinces in north of Vietnam. It is famous for the Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park. In the past, it’s not easy to come to visit Ha Giang because of complicated permit, it’s much easier now to get visiting permit but Ha Giang is still too far for tourist. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert designs this special Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Giang to make Ha Giang – the most attractive destination in Vietnam closer to them. Within 5 days only, tourist can have full view of Ha Giang and other northern destinations of Vietnam and then take a night train back to Hanoi!
This is one of our best short motorbike tour to Ha Giang – northern Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Ba Be lake – 240 km.
This Vietnam motorcycle tour to Ha Giang starts at around 8 AM from eastern suburbs of Hanoi. We try the best to avoid busy city road in the morning until Cho Chu town( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have lunch. After lunch, we surely have enjoyable motorbike ride to Ba Be lake because the roads have less traffic and offer you a lot of grand mountain view. At about 4 PM, we arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side. Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Overnight in Ba Be lake – home stay.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể; Ba means Three, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park.
Day 2: Babe lake – Bao Lac. – 120 km.
After the early breakfast with the family, Take a short walk about 1km to the pier and then enjoy one and a half hour boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be. Lunch with the Tay family, In the after noon we will have off-road motorbike tour in Vietnam. We will ride the bikes through a small part of Ba Be National Park, many beautiful villages and some streams, the tour will give you a lot of challenge and amazing beauty of mountain area in northern Vietnam.
Arrive Bao Lac at 5 PM. Stay in town – Hotel.
Day 3: Motorbike Tour To The Dong Van Global Geo-park from Bao Lac. – 140 km.
Today, we will have relaxing, easy and very enjoyable motorbike tour to Dong Van . Start the day at about 9 Am, ride slowly along the Gam river to enjoy the green mountains and mountains. We will be in Meo Vac for lunch. After lunch, it could be the best motorbike tour in Vietnam to ride cross Ma-Pi-Leng pass ( It’s one of the longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam. We can have hundreds of stops for picture of The Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park, and the local ethnic minorities.
Stay overnight in Dong Van town – Hotel.
Day 4: Dong Van – Ha Giang. – 150 km.
This motorbike tour to Ha Giang goes through the poorest part of Vietnam but the scenery is most imposing where you will be surprise to see many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and amazing mountain view of the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. This motorbike ride to Ha Giang is surely one of the best Vietnam motorbike tours in the northern part with many interesting and amazing things in every meter of the road. Arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon.
Dinner and stay with the other Tay’s family.
Day 5: Finish the Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Ha Giang in Lao Cai Train Station. – 180 km.
After breakfast with family, we have smooth motorbike ride on road No 2 for a bout 40 km, and then we will take a turn to a small road to Pho Rang – the road is small and somewhere bumpy but scenery is completely different from what you saw in days before. The scenery is the wonderful mixture of green mountain, rice fields and graceful villages of the ethnic people. Lunch is in Pho Rang and after lunch we have easy Vietnam motorbike tour to Lao Cai on the winding road with the different view from what we’ve seen. Before getting into town center we will have short visit to China and Vietnam border, then motorcycle straight to the Lao Cai Railway Station and put all the bikes on the train. Finish the Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Giang and take a night train back to Hanoi after dinner in Lao Cai.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”