This is the shortest but could be the best in our collection of Motorcycle Tour Ha Giang and North Vietnam Motorcycle Tours from Hanoi. Ha Giang is one of the remote provinces in north of Vietnam. It is famous for the Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park. In the past, it’s not easy to come to visit Ha Giang because of complicated permit, it’s much easier now to get visiting permit but Ha Giang is still too far for tourist. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert designs this special on and offroad motorbike tour to Ha Giang to show tourists the best beauty of this amazing land. Within 5 days only, tourist can have full view of Ha Giang and other northern destinations of Vietnam including Sapa – Dong Van Karst plateau, Ba Be lake.. and then take a night train back to Hanoi! This is one of our best short motorbike tours in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Ba Be lake – 240 km.
This Vietnam motorcycle tour to Ha Giang starts at around 8 AM from eastern suburbs of Hanoi. We try the best to avoid busy city road in the morning until Cho Chu town( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have lunch. After lunch, we surely have enjoyable motorbike ride to Ba Be lake because the roads have less traffic and offer you a lot of grand mountain view. At about 4 PM, we arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side. Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Overnight in Ba Be lake – home stay.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể; Ba means Three, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park.
Day 2: Babe lake – Bao Lac. – 120 km.
After the early breakfast with the family, Take a short walk about 1km to the pier and then enjoy one and a half hour boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be. Lunch with the Tay family, In the after noon we will have off-road motorbike tour in Vietnam. We will ride the bikes through a small part of Ba Be National Park, many beautiful villages and some streams, the tour will give you a lot of challenge and amazing beauty of mountain area in northern Vietnam.
Arrive Bao Lac at 5 PM. Stay in town – Hotel.
Day 3: Motorbike Tour To The Dong Van Global Geo-park from Bao Lac. – 140 km.
Today, we will have relaxing, easy and very enjoyable motorbike tour to Dong Van . Start the day at about 9 Am, ride slowly along the Gam river to enjoy the green mountains and mountains. We will be in Meo Vac for lunch. After lunch, it could be the best motorbike tour in Vietnam to ride cross Ma-Pi-Leng pass ( It’s one of the longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam. We can have hundreds of stops for picture of The Dong Van Rock Plateau Global Geo-park, and the local ethnic minorities.
Stay overnight in Dong Van town – Hotel.
Day 4: Dong Van – Ha Giang. – 150 km.
This motorbike tour to Ha Giang goes through the poorest part of Vietnam but the scenery is most imposing where you will be surprise to see many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and amazing mountain view of the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. This motorbike ride to Ha Giang is surely the highlight of the trip and this short ride today is worthy enough to make this short tour become one of the best Vietnam motorbike tours . We will have a lot of stops for pictures of majestic nature and visits to local H’mong’s villages. Arrive Ha Giang city in the late afternoon.
Dinner and stay with the other Tay’s family.
Day 5: Finish the Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Ha Giang in Lao Cai Train Station. – 180 km.
After breakfast with family, we have smooth motorbike ride on road No 2 for a bout 40 km, and then we will take a turn to a small road to Pho Rang – the road is small and somewhere bumpy but scenery is completely different from what you saw in days before. The scenery is the wonderful mixture of green mountain, rice fields and graceful villages of the ethnic people. Lunch is in Pho Rang and after lunch we have easy Northeast Vietnam motorcycle tours to Lao Cai on the winding road with the different view from what we’ve seen. Before getting into town center we will have short visit to China and Vietnam border, then motorcycle straight to the Lao Cai Railway Station and put all the bikes on the train. Finish the Vietnam motorcycle tour Ha Giang and take a night train back to Hanoi after dinner in Lao Cai. The train will arrive Hanoi in the early morning in the next day, the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will take a taxi for you back to your hotel in the city. Tour ends.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike