This 4 Day Motorbike Tour Northern Vietnam takes you off the beaten tracks to the remote areas in Northwest Vietnam where you can see another Vietnam with green and beautiful view of mountain, lakes, rice and tea fields…besides you can also learn a lot about Vietnamese culture by staying with the local hill tribes in their house, having meals with them…The route is a great mixture of on and offroad and we can be flexible to make it easy road bike trip or fun offroad motorbike adventure tour depending on your riding skill…It’s really amazing and it’s one of our best short Vietnam motorbike tours.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau Valley – 180 km.
8:00 AM, local tour guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will come and take you to our shop in the outskirts of Hanoi, fitting the gears and bikes and starting this Motorbike Tour Northern Vietnam at around 9:00 am after the rush hour. Just a short ride from the shop, we will be on the countryside back roads and could ride some easy offroad through rice fields and villages in the edge of western Hanoi. We will see the mountain just after more than one hour ride then the tour becomes more and more enjoyable. In the afternoon, the tour is really enjoyable with the ride on scenic backroads along with the endless limestone mountain ranges…we we get closer to the valley of Mai Chau we can have a great offroad motorbike ride crossing mountains and villages of the hill tribes. The ride will end in the beautiful Mai Chau at around 4:30 pm. Enjoy some cold beer at the homestay with a nice view of rice fields and mountains or we can have a short walk around this interesting village of the Thai people.
Stay overnight at homestay in Mai Chau
After saying good bye to the warm host in Mai Chau we will continue the Northern Vietnam motorbike tour up to Moc Chau plateau, Along the way we will see picturesque view of Da River Dam from the height of 1000 meters above sea level. We can also do some stops to visit the rustic villages of the H’mong people. After 40km riding, we will take a turn to the small forgotten French road – the road is small but quiet and has specially imposing scenery or we can take another offroad track to make it a harder offroad motorbike ride if you’re the fan of offroad riding, we can only say the Day 2 is much greater than the first day every meters of the road you can stop to take pictures or visit the local hill tribes…It’s surely the highlight of the Motorbike tour Northern Vietnam. We will be at Moc Chau plateau at noon for lunch.
After lunch, take another small road that goes along Da River to Van Yen pier where we put all the bikes on a ferry to cross the river. Then keep riding on a winding road to Phu Yen town, the snake road between the river and mountain is surely offers you a great motorbike ride. We’ll finish the great motorcycle ride today at 5 PM.
Overnight in Hotel – Phu Yen.
Vu Linh is a little peaceful village of the Dzao people which locates on the lake side of beautiful Thac Ba lake (Thac Ba is the largest man-made lake in Vietnam with the lenth of more than 80km and 3000 green islands ) To have more time see the largest man-made lake in Vietnam we should start the short motorbike tour to Vu linh earlier at around 8:00 am. We continue this North Vietnam motorbike tour by riding through some nice tea fields we will hit the big road down to Yen Bai town. After lunch in the town we will have more than one hour ride to the lake. Get to one of the house on stilts to stay overnight and then spend the rest time of the day on the lake. We normally spend 1.5 hour boat ride to see the most beautiful part of the lake where we can swim, dive from the local fishing boat.
Thac Ba Lake is one of three Vietnam’s largest artificial lakes and famoust for the first hydro power plant. Thac Ba Lake is known as an actractive eco-tourism site located in Yen Bai province – 170 Km to the north of Hanoi.
Thac Ba Lake was created in 1970 by the construction of a dam on the Chay River. Thac Ba reservoir covers a total area of 23.400 ha, of which 19.05 ha is water area and the remaining 4.35ha of islets on the Reservoir. The length of the Reservoir is 80km, maximum width is 10km, the average depth is 15 – 25m and maximum depth is 42m.Thac Ba – Vietnam motorbike tour
This artificial lake has 1,331 islands and hills with diverse ecological environments. The water in the lake is blue and clear, and imprinted with the reflections of the surrounding ancient forest. It know as another Halong bay in Vietnam and ideal place to relax and have rest after a offroad motorbike tour in Vietnam. A boat ride on the lake after the ride is one of the best parts of this motorbike tour Northern Vietnam.
Diner and overnight in Vu linh – home stay!
Day 4: Ending Motorbike Tour Northern Vietnam in Hanoi . – 180 km.
After breakfast with the Dzao family, get on the bikes and enjoy the final day of this tour around North Vietnam, we will try to keep riding on a small and quiet countryside road as long as possible, in the morning, we can have more offroad motorbike ride if you’re still full of energy, the ride is closed to the lake and crossing some green tea fields. Lunch is in Phu Tho town and after that enjoying the motorbike ride on the Red River Dyke road to Hanoi. We will be in Hanoi before rush hours – 4.30.PM and finish this short and great Motorbike Tour Northern Vietnam in Hanoi safely.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”