This is one way motorbike tour to Sapa from Hanoi and back to Hanoi by train. Sapa is one of the best tourist destination in North Vietnam. It’s famous for beautiful mountain with full of rice terraces, cool weather for all time of whole year…it’s also a great place for any bikers in Vietnam or all over the worlds. This is suitable tour for the one who would like to experience deeply the hidden charm of Sapa. After 3 day ride, we will be in beautiful Sapa, getting chances to see the breathtaking scenery around Sapa and discover the hidden culture of the local hill tribes before taking a night train back to Hanoi. The route is smooth, quiet and offers plenty of amazing view of green mountain with rice terrace fields and nice villages of colorful hill tribe but there are also great offroad single tracks on the way to Sapa so it could be a fun offroad motorbike tour in Vietnam. That’s why it is one of the best in our Vietnam motorbike tours collection.
Revel in Vietnam’s majestic mountain beauty on this 6-day motorbike tour to Sapa! Our North Vietnam motorcycle tour takes you into the clouds to winding roads revealing stunning vistas and vibrant hill tribe villages. Book this Enjoyable Motorbike Tour now!
Day 1: Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau. 180 km.
This amazing Hanoi motorbike tour to Sapa will be started with a beautiful ride to Mai Chau. We leave Hanoi for Mai Chau from outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 AM, trying to avoid the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country backroad road. After lunch, we will have enjoyable motorcycle ride on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain. We can do some fun offroad ride in the afternoon before we cross Thung Khe pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then hit the road down to the mountain valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts).
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. 160 km.
The motorcycle ride to Phu Yen is much greater than the day 1. It’s quite easy with mostly backroad and some easy offroad ride but it could have many stopover for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after lunch, turn to the less travelled Road 43 that leads to the Da River. After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, we ride on a beautiful winding back- road until Phu Yen where we stay overnight.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel
Day 3: Phu Yen – Than Uyen: 220km.
We should start the ride earlier today because it’s quite long road with a lot of picturesque stops so the motorcycle ride to Than Uyen starts at 8.AM. Right after the town we will be on the winding and beautiful Lung Lo pass and then hit the quiet road to Tu Le – a charming little town where we have lunch. The second half of the day must be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorbike tour to Sapa, we will take a turn to some fun tracks through rice paddies and villages and single tracks cross the hills, it’s really great offroad Northwest Vietnam motorcycle tour. After that will be in Mu Cang Chai in which we have great chance to take pictures of the most beautiful terrace fields in northern Vietnam. Arrive Than Uyen at about 5.PM.
Dinner and stay in Than Uyen- Hotel.
Day 4 : Than Uyen – Sapa. 150km
The motorbike tour to SaPa today should be another highlight of the trip. The first half of the day, we will enjoy an easy offroad motorbike tour with beautiful view of tea fields and the colorful hill tribes along the way. And the other half, we ride on Qui Ho pass to cross Hoang Lien mountain range- the highest one in Vietnam including Fanxipan peak with the height of 3142 meters above sea level. It’s sure that you will have pictures of the most beautiful valley in north Vietnam. We will be at Sa Pa at noon. After luch in Sa Pa town, we have half day to discover lovely town in cloud – Sa Pa.
Diner and Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5: Motorbike ride around Sapa.
After breakfast, Start the amazing Sapa motorbike tour with a smooth ride along the Muong Hoa valley – one of the most beautiful valley in Vietnam with amazing view of terrace fields. We surely have plenty of stops for pictures and visiting the beautiful villages of the Hmong, Zay and the Tay people along the way. Back to Sapa for lunch at about 1.PM. After lunch, we will have short but enjoyable ride to picturesque Cat Cat and Ta Phin village. Cat Cat is located closely to Sapa about 1600 metres above sea level. It’s not a long ride from Sapa but it’s an interesting tour with alot of stops for pictures and many things to see . We can get off the bikes at the gate of the villages to take a short walk with the local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert around to see the traditional houses of the local, to learn more about Hmong or Dzao people’s culture and to get pictures of incredible scenery in stead of riding motorbikes. Back to the bikes and ride shortly back to Hotel.
Stay in Sapa – Hotel.
Day 6: Motorbike Ride To The Train Station. 45 Km
Free morning in Sapa !
After lunch, we will have short but very good motorbike tour down to lao Cai. From the altitude of 1600m above sea level, Hitting the road down from Sapa we will have chance to enjoy breathtaking mountain view and especially we will visit the red Dzao’s beautiful village on the way. Before getting off the bikes at the Lao Cai Train station, we can have short visit the Vietnamese and Chinese border gate. Have early dinner in Lao Cai and take the night train back to Hanoi.
North Vietnam motorbike tour to Sapa ends in Hanoi in early morning – take a bus to the Hotel after getting off the train.
Tags: motorbike tour sapa
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike