After 7 day riding motorbikes in this tour with the experienced team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, you will have unforgettable experience on the hidden beauty of Vietnam. This motorbike tour northern Vietnam offers some famous attractions in North west of Vietnam including Sapa with amazing view of mountains or beautiful of Thac Ba Lake and also offer some “NOT YET” famous places that not many tourist can see but they’re all great and interesting to see ….this is one of the most recommended motorbike tours North Vietnam that surely makes you fall in love with Vietnam.
Explore the majestic landscapes of northern Vietnam on this 7-day motorbike tour! Ride through lush jungles and around placid Thac Ba Lake before ascending into the mountains. Our Northeast Vietnam Motorbike Tours will reveal untouched regions of beauty. Book your Thac Ba Lake Motorcycle Tour now!
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180km.
This amazing 7 day motorbike tour Northwest Vietnam will be started from our shop in the outskirts of Hanoi at around 8:30 AM. Avoiding the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country back roads. We ride our motorcycles west to Mai Chau, an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. After lunch, we will motorcycle on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain .We’ll motorbike up on Thung Khe pass, one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then we can enjoy an easy offroad motorbike tour near Mai Chau before heading to the beautiful valley of Mai Chau. The first day and also the highlight of this motorbike tour in north Vietnam in Poom-coong village – Mai Chau at around 5 PM.
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 160 km.
The motorcycle tour to Phu Yen is quite easy, we will have a lot of stops for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after lunch, turn to the less travelled Road 43 that leads to the Da River. After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, we ride on a beautiful winding secondary road until Phu Yen where we stay overnight.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel
Day 3: Phu Yen – Than Uyen – 210km.
We should start the ride earlier today because this north Vietnam motorbike tour to Than Uyen offers a lot of picturesque stops so the ride starts at 8.AM. Right after the town we can start a fun offroad motorbike tour up to North Vietnam or we will be on the winding and beautiful Lung Lo pass and then hit the quiet road to Tu Le – a charming little town where we have lunch. The second half of the day is also a mixture of on and offroad motorbike ride. After 50km from where we have lunch, will be in Mu Cang Chai in which we have great chance to take pictures of the most beautiful terrace fields in northern Vietnam. Arrive Than Uyen at about 5.PM.
Dinner and stay in Than Uyen- Hotel.
Day 4 : Great Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Sapa – 100km
This motorcycle ride to SaPa is another highlight of the motorbike tours north Vietnam, The first half of the day, we will enjoy an easy motorbike ride on the smooth road with beautiful tea fields and the colorful hill tribes along the way. And the other half, we ride on Qui Ho pass to cross Hoang Lien mountain range- the highest one in Vietnam including Fanxipan peak with the height of 3142 meters above sea level. It’s sure that you will have pictures of the most beautiful valley in north Vietnam. We will be at Sa Pa at noon. After luch in Sa Pa town, we have half day to discover lovely town in cloud – Sa Pa.
Diner and Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5: Sapa – Luc Yen – 180km
This motorcycle ride from Sapa to Luc Yen is quite easy and enjoyable. We can start the day at 9Am, hit the 40 km road down to Lao Cai where we can see China from Vietnam, and then keep riding on the beautiful and quiet big road No 70. And then make a turn to small country road to Luc Yen – a nice village of the Tay people who live in stilted-houses between green palm trees.
Diner and stay with the Tay- Home stay.
Day 6: Luc Yen – Vu Linh – 80Km
The road from Luc Yen to Vu Linh is quite flat. The short motorbike ride today should be the most enjoyable, after saying good bye to the family, we will ride slowly on the small country road with the green mountain and rice paddy fields on two sides. We can stop somewhere to visit several nice villages of the Dzao and Tay on the way. Lunch should be in Vu Linh – the village located on the bank of Thac Ba lake and then after lunch we have chance to see the biggest man-made lake in Vietnam. We are sure the lake will make you feel worthy to be there!
Diner and stay with the Dzao people – Home stay.
Day 7: Vu Linh Motorcycle to Hanoi – 170 Km.
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will do the best to avoid the main busy road for as long as possible . we will ride longer to get to road No2B which there is less traffics on. Then hit the road down to Red River Delta. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi.
Be at Hanoi before rush hours and end the best motorbike tour in north Vietnam safely!
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike