It’s one of our most popular Vietnam motorcycle tours in 2022 and 2023. It is only 8 day motorbike ride but you can see all the highlights of northeast and northwest Vietnam especially Sa Pa and Ha Giang – the Karst plateau and Global Geopark. They are two famous and amazingly scenic places located in North Vietnam in which all Vietnam bikers or bikers all around the world love to come and ride. Within just 8 day motorbike ride, we’ll have many chances to have interesting Visits to many different colorful hill tribes. This 8 day tour is a mixture on and offroad motorbike ride and we can be flexible to make it easier or harder with more single/dirt tracks….That’s why this 8 day North Vietnam motorbike tour is always our recommendation.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorcycle Tour to Phu Yen: 170 km.
Start this amazing North Vietnam motorbike tour with a short ride to Phu Yen – a peaceful town in the green valley of Son La province. At around 9:00 am, get on the bikes from our shop in the western outskirt of Hanoi, strive to be on a quiet and small road as long as possible to get away from busy traffic. After 2 hour riding, we will be right in mountain area with countryside back roads between green rice and tea field . Lunch is in little town Thu Cuc after passing small corner of Ba Vi National Park. After lunch, we will have an enjoyable offr0ad motorcycle ride crossing some hills and villages of the local hill tribes before getting down to Phu Yen
We arrive Phu Yen town at about 4.30 PM. Get the room and enjoy a short walk around peaceful town or take another easy motorcycle ride to some rustic villages nearby the town.
Overnight in Hotel – Phu Yen.
After breakfast, we continue this North Vietnam motorcycle touring at around 8:30 am. It’s quite long ride with a lot of picturesque stops and many interesting things to see on the way. Right after the Phu Yen town we will be on the winding and beautiful Lung Lo pass and, after the pass, we will have amazing fun offroad Vietnam motorcycle tour up and down on some hills with nice view of green tea and rice fields and then hit the quiet road to Tu Le – a charming little town where we have lunch. The second half of the day could be best part of this motorbike tour in Vietnam. After 50km from riding, will be in Mu Cang Chai in which we have great chance to take pictures of the most beautiful terrace fields in north Vietnam. Arrive Than Uyen at about 5.PM.
Dinner and stay in Hotel – Than Uyen.
This ride today is short but very enjoyable and it must be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorbike tour. The first half of the day, we will enjoy an easy off road motorbike tour through some green tea and rice fields of the local people and then have joyful ride on the smooth roads crossing some villages of the colorful hill tribes along the way. And the other half, we ride on Qui Ho pass to cross Hoang Lien mountain range- the highest one in Vietnam including Fanxipan peak with the height of 3142 meters above sea level. It’s sure that you will have great pictures of the most beautiful valley in north Vietnam. We will be in Sa Pa at lunch time. After luch in Sa Pa town, we have half day to discover lovely town in cloud – Sa Pa by walking or having a short Sapa motorbike ride along the Muong Hoa valley .
Diner and Overnight in Hotel – Sa Pa.
Day 4 : Sapa – Ha Giang. 200 km.
Today is a long day with more activities and stops. We start this North Vietnam motorbike tour to Ha Giang at about 8.30 Am. After breakfast, we will hit the road down to Lao Cai town – 40 km from Sa Pa. This 40 km motorbike ride offers a great view of rice terrace on mountains made by the H’mong people. We can take many breathtaking pictures from the height of around 1.500 m above sea level. Take a café stop at Nam Thi River bank – the river is also the border between Vietnam and China. After that, we keep riding down on the winding road No 70. Lunch is in Pho Rang town. Then take an on and offroad motorcycle tour up to Ha Giang with many stop along the roads for pictures and visits to local ethnic villages.
We will finish this good motorbike tour to Ha Giang in a beautiful and peaceful village of the Tay – 3 km from Ha Giang City.
Home stay – Ha Giang
Day 5: Ha Giang – Dong Van. 160 km.
The ride today is surely one of the best part of this motorbike tour in north Vietnam. We will be in the center of the Dong Van – the Karst Plateau Global Geopark, the scenery here is hard to describe by words. After getting out of Ha Giang city, we will ride motorbike slowly on the winding, “up and down” roads along the Karst Plateau, enjoying incredibly beautiful scenery, we can also take the ride on some single tracks along the plateau, doing some stop to visit the colorful and happy people live long the tracks. These single tracks here can make it become one of the best offroad Vietnam motorbike tours. Especially, after lunch we can take a visit to Palace of the H’mong’s king to learn more about the Indochina War and the life of the local people during the war time. This motorbike ride to Dong Van Rock Plateau is surely the highlight of this 8 day North Vietnam motorbike tour.
Arrive Dong Van at 5 PM. Overnight in Hotel.
After breakfast, we will take a short trek to the top of the hill about 1 km from the hotel. The hill was used as a Fortress of the French during war time in the 1890s where we can have best view of Dong Van Town. Back to the hotel, get on the bikes and keep enjoying beautiful North Vietnam motorbike touring. Today we have chance to ride motorbike on Ma-Pi-Leng pass –one of 4 most beautiful passes in north Vietnam. The Ma Pi Leng pass is also one of the longest one in Vietnam and it’s hard to describe by words or few pictures but it’ surely a ‘must’ in any beautiful motorbike tours in Vietnam. Lunch is in Meo Vac town, and then motorbike down all the way to Bao Lac.
Overnight in Hotel – Bao Lac town.
This is the short but great offroad motorbike tour to Ba Be. Right after the town we will take a small road to Son Lo village. The road is up and down , small and almost empty but the mountain view somewhere is amazing. Especially, we have a chance to do some offroad motorbike ride to cross some small streams. We will be in Pac Ngoi village at about 1 PM. Lunch is with the local people. after lunch we spend the rest time of the day for the boat ride and swim on the Ba Be lake. End this fun offroad motorbike in North Vietnam with some cold beer next to the Ba Be national park waiting for the dinner made by the local Tay family.
Home stay in Pac Ngoi – village of Tay people.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể, Ba Bể meaning “Three Lakes” in the local Tay language) is the largest natural fresh water lake, stretching about 8 kilometers in the north-south direction. The surface area of the lake fluctuates between 3 and 5 km² between dry and wet season. Unlike many lakes in Karst limestone areas, Ba Bê Lake never falls dry. Its average depth varies between 17 and 23 meters, the maximum depth is 35 meters. The lake lies about 150 meters above sea level, making it also Vietnam’s highest. The name “Three Lakes” refers to the three parts of the lake named Pe Leng, Pe Lu, and Pe Lam. All these three parts are connected into a single continuous body of water, however. The Ta Han, Bo Lu, and Leng Rivers feed into the lake from the south and the west. During the dry season, water is drained from the lake northwards into the Nang River. During high floods in the wet season, the latter flow is reversed however, and the lake takes up water from the Nang River thereby acting as a buffer regulating flooding.
Day 8 : Ba Be – Hanoi. 240 km.
End the great north Vietnam motorbike tour by taking a big motorcycle ride back to Hanoi. After early breakfast, we will try to be off the big and busy road as long as possible. Unlike the motorbike tour in days before, the tour today is in much busier traffic but in different way we will find something interesting. We will try our best to keep you away from big roads with busy traffic but the last 60 km is hardest part of this tour by riding on big and busy roads with local scooters/cars, bikes…
Arrive Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert‘s shop in Hanoi before rush hours and then take a taxi to the hotel in city center Tour ends!
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”