If you don’t have a week for your motorbike holiday but still searching for a fun Vietnam motorbike tour to see the real hidden charm of Vietnam? This 4 day Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour can meet fully your needs. It takes you to the remote areas in Northwest of Vietnam where you can see the beauty of nature that NOT many tourist can see and you can also have chance to learn more about the Vietnamese local culture by visiting and staying with the local people during the tour. The ride is a nice mixture of on and off-road riding and we can be flexible to make it easier or harder depending on your expectation so it’s suitable trip for any bikers and it’s surely one of the best choices in our short Vietnam Motorbike Tours collection.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau – 170 km.
This short Vietnam motorbike tour to northwest starts with a beautiful ride to Mai Chau from our shop in the outskirts of Hanoi at around 8:30 AM, we will ride away from the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country roads. After lunch, we will have enjoyable motorcycle ride on forgotten French road No 6. That’s a small and winding road long the Black River. It offers the view like Ha long bay. After crossing Thung Khe pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam we will hit the road down to the mountain valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who live in houses on stilts).
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. – 160 km
The motorcycle ride to Phu Yen is quite easy, It offers a lot of stops for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after lunch, turn to the less travelled Road 43 that leads to the Da River . After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, we ride on a beautiful winding road until Phu Yen where we stay overnight.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel.
Day 3 : Phu Yen – Vu Linh – 160 km
It’s a short motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake but it could be the highlight of this short motorcycle tours Vietnam with the boat tour on the beautiful Thac Ba lake. After finishing a hot rice noodle soup for breakfast, getting back on the bikes then keep motorcycle touring up to North Vietnam right after the town we’ll cross some mountain passes with some rustic villages of the Muong and Hmong people located along the mountain back roads. We can do some stop to visit one of the local’s villages to talk with them and understand more about their life, especially taking the amazing pictures of the Lung Lo mountain pass – one of the most beautiful and difficult passes in North Vietnam. After lunch in Yen Bai Town, we’ll have short motorcycle ride to Thac Ba lake. If time and weather permits we can have short boat trip around this largest man-made lake.
Overnight Vu Linh village of Dzao people who live closely to the lake – Home stay.
Day 4: Motorbike Tour Back to Hanoi – 180 km.
After breakfast and saying goodbye to the friendly host, we’ll motorcycle on the rugged roads through some villages of the Dzao surrounded by palm tree or green tea farm, we can also offer some off-road ride this morning so it promise to be one of the most enjoyable parts of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. After lunch in Doan Hung town, we will have very enjoyable motorbike ride along the edge of the Red River bank, almost to the point where it merges with the Black River after which they flow together to Hanoi. We will have chance to be in the heart of the Red River delta. Arrive Hanoi before rush hours, finish the Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour safely at around 4 pm. Saying goodbye to the team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert then we will take a taxi back to your hotel in Hanoi.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike