Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau – 170 km.
This short Vietnam motorbike tour to northwest starts with a beautiful ride to Mai Chau from outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 AM, we will ride away from the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country roads. After lunch, we will have enjoyable motorcycle ride on forgotten French road No 6. That’s a small and winding road long the Black River. It offers the view like Ha long bay. After crossing Thung Khe pass – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam we will hit the road down to the mountain valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who live in houses on stilts).
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. – 160 km
The motorcycle ride to Phu Yen is quite easy, It offers a lot of stops for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after lunch, turn to the less travelled Road 43 that leads to the Da River . After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, we ride on a beautiful winding road until Phu Yen where we stay overnight.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel.
Day 3 : Phu Yen – Vu Linh – 150 km.
It’s a short motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake but it could be the highlight of this short motorcycle tours Vietnam with the boat tour on the beautiful Thac Ba lake. After finishing a hot rice noodle soup for breakfast, getting back on the bikes then keep motorcycle touring up to North Vietnam right after the town we’ll cross some mountain passes with some rustic villages of the Muong and Hmong people located along the mountain back roads. We can do some stop to visit one of the local’s villages to talk with them and understand more about their life, especially taking the amazing pictures of the Lung Lo mountain pass – one of the most beautiful and difficult passes in North Vietnam. After lunch in Yen Bai Town, we’ll have short motorcycle ride to Thac Ba lake. If time and weather permits we can have short boat trip around this largest man-made lake.
Overnight Vu Linh village of Dzao people who live closely to the lake – Home stay.
Day 4: Motorbike Tour Back to Hanoi – 180 km.
After breakfast and saying goodbye to the friendly host, we’ll motorcycle on the rugged roads through some villages of the Dzao surrounded by palm tree or green tea farm, we can also offer some off-road ride this morning so it promise to be one of the most enjoyable parts of this Northern Vietnam motorcycle trip. After lunch in Doan Hung town, we will have very enjoyable motorbike ride along the edge of the Red River bank, almost to the point where it merges with the Black River after which they flow together to Hanoi. We will have chance to be in the heart of the Red River delta. Arrive Hanoi before rush hours, finish the short Vietnam motorbike tour safely
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”