Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau Valley – 160 km.
After breakfast, we start the motorcycle tour to the north Vietnam by taking a taxi to the outskirt of West Hanoi, from here we get the bikes and enjoy beautiful motorbike ride to Mai Chau. We will pass through endless limestone karst scenery(known as Halong bay on land), the extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads. Arrive in Mai Chau in late afternoon. Here we stay overnight with friends of the White Thai minority in a traditional stilt house. In the evening, after feasting, we can enjoy a cultural show of Thai dancing and a range of special local rice wine.
Overnight in Mai Chau – home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. – 150 km
Hit the road No 6, keep the Northern Vietnam motorbike tour up to Moc Chau plateau, Along the way we will see picturesque view of Da River Dam from the height of 1000 meters above sea level. We can also do some stops to visit the rustic villages of the H’mong people. After 40km riding, we will take a turn to the small forgotten French road – the road is small but quiet and has specially imposing scenery. It is a short mountain pass but it could be the most enjoyable ride and be the highlight of the Motorbike tour in north Vietnam. We will be at Moc Chau plateau at noon for lunch.
After lunch, take another small road that goes along Da River to Van Yen pier where we put all the bikes on a ferry to cross the river. Then keep riding on a winding road to Phu Yen town, the snake road between the river and mountain is surely offers you a great motorbike ride. We’ll finish the great motorcycle ride today at 5 PM.
Overnight in Hotel – Phu Yen.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Vu Linh. – 150 km.
Vu Linh is a little peaceful village of the Dzao people which locates on the lake side of beautiful Thac Ba lake(Thac Ba is the largest man-made lake in Vietnam with the lenth of more than 80km and 3000 green islands ) To have more time see the largest man-made lake in Vietnam we should start the short motorbike tour to Vu linh earlier. We will start the day at 8 Am, after riding through some nice tea fields we will hit the big road down to Yen Bai town. After lunch in the town we will have more than one hour ride to the lake. Get to one of the house on stilts to stay overnight and then spend the rest time of the day on the lake.
Diner and overnight in Vu linh – home stay!
Day 4: Ending the North Vietnam Motorbike Tour in Hanoi . – 180 km.
After breakfast with the Dzao family, get on the bikes and try to keep riding on a small and quiet countryside road as long as possible. Lunch is in Phu Tho town and after that enjoying the motorbike ride on the Red River Dyke road to Hanoi. We will be in Hanoi before rush hours – 4.30.PM and finish the short but great North Vietnam Motorbike Tour in Hanoi safely.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”