This 3 day Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour to Mai Chau and Tam Coc is one of our best short Vietnam motorbike tours from Hanoi. Within 3 day touring, you will have a great chance to see the beautiful corner of Northwest Vietnam including Mai Chau valley and one of the most beautiful places in the Red revier delta – Tam Coc in Ninh Binh province, it’s also a great place for motorbike touring that you can spend a week to see around however, in this 3 day tour we will do our best to show you as much of Vietnam as possible. The ride is almost on pave roads but if you you wanna like offroad we can make it a more offroad motorbike tour for you. We know the region so well, we are confident to say we are Vietnam motorbike tours expert and we are flexible to make it easier or harder depending on your expectation.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau. 190 km.
This short Hanoi motorbike tour to Mai Chau will be started by leaving from our shop in the outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 . Avoiding the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country roads. We motorcycle to the south west Hanoi to Mai Chau valley- an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. After lunch, we will have wonderful Vietnam motorbike tour on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain . Then we cross Thung Khe – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then we can do a short offroad motorbike ride before heading down hill to the valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts). Diner and overnight in a Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Tam Coc. 160 km
After breakfast, the local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tours expert will take on a quite mountain roads with a beautiful view. We will join the historical Ho Chi Minh Road after 2 hour riding from Mai Chau . The road goes along Cuc Phuong National Park so we can get some pictures of stunning landscape. Leaving the Ho Chi Minh road after 1 hour to Ninh Binh town. We will stop at Hoa Lu – the Capital of Vietnam in the 10th century to have a short walk around to see two nice ancient temple of King Dinh and King Le and learn more about important period of Vietnam history . And then keep riding to Tam Coc where we take a boat trip along the river and go through 3 caves. This could be part of the Vietnam motorbike tours nearby Hanoi. It offers many picturesque landscapes of the Red River Delta and interesting sightseeing.
Diner and stay in hotel in Tam Coc.
Day 3: Motorbike Tour Back to Hanoi: 130 km.
After breakfast, we take a 2 hours boat trip along the beautiful and winding river with 3 stalactite caves. Tam Coc is known as Ha long bay on land because of plenty of limestone mountains between rice paddies. Return to the harbor and get off the boat, we enjoy lunch with the local delicious dishes.
After lunch, we motorcycle back to Hanoi.
The short Vietnam motorbike tours to Mai Chau-Tam Coc ends in Hanoi at about 5 PM.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike