3 Day Vietnam Motobike Tour To Mai Chau – Tam Coc
This 3 day Vietnam motorbike touring to Mai Chau and Tam Coc is one of our best short Vietnam motorbike tours from Hanoi. Within 3 day touring, you will have a great chance to see the beautiful corner of Northwest Vietnam including Mai Chau valley and one of the most beautiful places in the Red revier delta – Tam Coc in Ninh Binh province, it’s also a great place for motorbike touring that you can spend a week to see around however, in this 3 day tour we will do our best to show you as much of Vietnam as possible. The ride is almost on pave roads but if you you wanna like offroad we can make it a more offroad motorbike tour for you. We know the region so well, we are confident to say we are Vietnam motorbike tours expert and we are flexible to make it easier or harder depending on your expectation.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Mai Chau. 190 km.
This short Vietnam motorbike touring to Mai Chau will be started by leaving from our shop in the outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 . Avoiding the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country roads. We motorcycle to the south west Hanoi to Mai Chau valley- an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. After lunch, we will have wonderful Vietnam motorbike tour on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain . Then we cross Thung Khe – one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then we can do a short offroad motorbike ride before heading down hill to the valley settlement of Mai Chau. ( Home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts). Diner and overnight in a Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Tam Coc. 160 km
After breakfast, the local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tours expert will take on a quite mountain roads with a beautiful view. We will join the historical Ho Chi Minh Road after 2 hour riding from Mai Chau . The road goes along Cuc Phuong National Park so we can get some pictures of stunning landscape. Leaving the Ho Chi Minh road after 1 hour to Ninh Binh town. We will stop at Hoa Lu – the Capital of Vietnam in the 10th century to have a short walk around to see two nice ancient temple of King Dinh and King Le and learn more about important period of Vietnam history . And then keep riding to Tam Coc where we take a boat trip along the river and go through 3 caves. This could be part of the Vietnam motorbike tours nearby Hanoi. It offers many picturesque landscapes of the Red River Delta and interesting sightseeing.
Diner and stay in hotel in Tam Coc.
Day 3: Motorbike Tour Back to Hanoi: 130 km.
After breakfast, we take a 2 hours boat trip along the beautiful and winding river with 3 stalactite caves. Tam Coc is known as Ha long bay on land because of plenty of limestone mountains between rice paddies. Return to the harbor and get off the boat, we enjoy lunch with the local delicious dishes.
After lunch, we motorcycle back to Hanoi.
The short Vietnam motorbike tours to Mai Chau-Tam Coc ends in Hanoi at about 5 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”