THE BEST MOTORCYLES FOR TOURING IN VIETNAM
We are so proud to say up to now (after the COVID-19 pandemic) We are still one of the motorbike tour organizers in Vietnam who have the MOST and the BEST MOTORBIKES for any motorbike tours in Vietnam.
For some reason, most of Vietnamese people ride under 175cc motorbikes or scooters. firstly, the bigger motorbike we have to import and the government charges an import tax of at least 100% with a huge fee for registration so generally it may cost twice as expensive as in a foreign country.( it’s too expensive for most people in Vietnam). Secondly, Vietnamese traffic law allows motorbike’s maximum speed is 40 km/h in the city and 60 or 70km/h on high way. So the bigger bikes seem to be not necessary in Vietnam.
Over the year riding motorbike tours in Vietnam we understood that a high quality bike is one of the most important things to make the perfect motorbike trip. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert is always doing our best and being not hesitant to invest a lot of time and money on maintaining good quality of bikes or updating newest possible bikes. Below is the list of bikes we usually use and did have great on and off-road trips by them!
(Contact us to get detailed suggestions for your most suitable bikes)
HONDA CRF 300L
These brand new bikes were import right after Covid-19 when Vietnam is opened and everyone can travel. These bikes were made in Thailand for the Asian market, the seat height is a bit lower than the Honda CRF250L but it’s properly the best for the any offroad motorbike tours in Vietnam. Below is some main specs:
Final Drive: 14T/40T; #520 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front: 43 mm telescopic inverted fork; 10.2 in. travel
- Rear: Pro-Link system with single shock; 10.2 in. travel
- Single two-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 256 mm disc; ABS
- Single two-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 256 mm disc
- Single one-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 220 mm disc; ABS
- Single one-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 220 mm disc
- Front: 80/100-21
- Rear: 120/80-18
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.5º
- Trail: 109 mm
- Length: 87.8 in.
- Width: 32.2 in.
- Height: 47.3 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.2 in.
- Seat Height: 34.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal. (incl. .5 gal. Reserve)
HONDA CRF 250L
All of them are imported from Thailand or Japanese. They’re all new. These motorcycles promise to be the perfect ones for most of the road conditions in Vietnam. With experienced riders, this kind of bike is the last but not least condition to have perfect motorcycle tours in Vietnam.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke : 76.8mm x 53.8mm
- Induction: Dual-Timing Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full transistor with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio : 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 30.5mm intake, titanium; 25mm exhaust, steel
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain; 13T/49T
- Front Suspension: 48mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.2 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.3 inches travel
- Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire : Dunlop MX51FA 80/100-21
- Rear Tire : Dunlop MX51 100/90-19
- Rake: 27° 23′ (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 118mm (4.6 inches)
- Wheelbase : 58.6 inches
- Seat Height : 37.4 inches
- Curb Weight : 231 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel–ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.66 gallons
- Ground Clearance: 12.7 inches
- Model: Honda XR150L
- Category: Enduro / offroad
- Rating: 60.4 out of 100. Show full rating and compare with other bikes
- Displacement: 125.00 cm (7.63 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
- Compression: .2:1
- Bore x stroke: 52.4 x 57.8 mm (2.1 x 2.3 inches)
- Valves per cylinder: 4
- Fuel system: Carburettor. 20mm piston-valve
- Fuel control: Overhead Valves (OHV)
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Front suspension: Telescopic fork
- Front brakes: Single disc. Dual-piston calliper
- Front brakes diameter: 240 mm (9.4 inches)
- Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake)
- Seat: Two-person seat
- Dry weight: 129.0 kg (284.4 pounds)
- Seat height: 825 mm (32.5 inches)
- Overall height: 1,126 mm (44.3 inches)
- Fuel capacity: 12.00 litres (3.17 gallons)
- Starter: Electric & kick
- Carrying capacity: Rear rack