It’s a big surprised that not many people search for a Mekong delta motorbike tour! When planning for a motorbike tour in Vietnam, many bikers think about the tour to the mountainous areas in Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tours with incredible mountain view, ethnic cultures… But they don’t know much about southern part and central highland where we can show you different beauty of Vietnam or the things some people can call the “MUST SEE”. In order to show you all beauties of Vietnam, the local team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert would like to invite you to join this special 11 day South Vietnam motorcycle Tour covering almost Me Kong delta and the nicest parts of Central highlands. The route of the tour is almost on easy but interesting back countryside roads, historical Ho Chi Minh trail and some beautiful coastal roads…
Day 1: Start a Mekong delta motorbike tour from Ho Chi Minh city to Ben Tre: 175 km (Homestay)
8:00 AM, Our tour guide and all bikes are ready at your hotel then we will start the tour after fitting the gears. It will take you around 1 hour to escape the busy city, and then mostly on scenic back roads through peaceful villages, huge farm of dragon fruit, larger green rice fields… also crossing a lot of ferries , narrow bridges… you will be in lovely place which called the kingdom of coconut in the south of Vietnam in late afternoon. You can stay at a basic standard hotel or homestay.
Day 2: Ben Tre – Can Tho: 200 km (Hotel)
Stand on your bikes after the breakfast, a lot of single tracks, bridges are waiting for you. Riding through many villages where you are welcomed by local people with big smiles. Arriving in Can Tho around 4:00 p.m, get a room in hotel and waiting for the floating market in the next morning. That’s a very special local market that they said “never been in the floating market, never been to Mekong Delta” (Hotel stay)
Day 3: Can Tho – Chau Doc: 220km (Hotel)
Today promises to be the highlight of this Mekong delta motorbike tour. We call today is a day of bridges; you can’t remember how many bridges you pass through. A lot of beautiful canals follow you from the beginning until the end. The highlight for today is Tra Su cajuput forest, a must-see destination in all of Mekong Delta. It is also a mangrove forest, covers an area around 850 hectares with a lot of species: storks, snakes, turtles….. 1 hour on the boat trip to discover the beauty of the forest. After the forest, another short ride to the top of mountain where you can see the sunset and also the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. (Hotel stay)
Day 4: Chau Doc – Ben Tre: 170km (Hotel )
Another typical day of motorbike touring Mekong Delta with large and green rice fields, monkey bridges, ferries crosses….Today if the final day of the Mekong Delta part so enjoy every stop and take as many pictures as you can.
Day 5: Ben Tre – Vung Tau: 170 km (Hotel)
The last rides in Mekong Delta in the morning before you are heading to the coast. if the weather is fine, so you can have a long boat trip to Vung Tau, a beautiful city with nice beaches. If the sea is rough or you don’t like to be on the boat, we can continue riding to. Check in the hotel then you have free time on the beach.
Day 6: Vung Tau – Mui Ne: 220km ( Hotel)
This day is quite different from other days of this Mekong delta motorbike tour. Full day riding along the coast with a lot of beautiful beaches on the way, you can stop and go for quick swim if you want to. If you like water sports, you can do wind surfing, Jetsky…This is one of the best day for the one who love and looking for a motorcycle tour along coastlines in Vietnam.
Day 7: Mui Ne – Da Lat: 180km (Hotel)
Say good bye to beaches, we’re heading to Da Lat up to the highland, where you can have four seasons in one day. Some back roads through pine forests look like you are riding in Europe and some off road through coffee plantations before you end up at the hotel. Night market after dinner is a good idea before goes to bed. (Hotel stay)
Day 8: Da Lat – Buon Ma Thuot: 220km (Hotel)
Bun Ma Thuot (BMT) is well-known as a capital of coffee in Vietnam. Riding motorbike through coffee plantations you will know how they grow and harvest, stop more on the way to try local coffee if you are interested. We do have elephants in Vietnam, and they mostly stay in this area. If the time permits, you can try elephant riding on the way to our hotel.
Day 9: Buon Ma Thuot – Kon Tum: 245km (Hotel)
Long easy ride on HCM trails, it is smooth and windy roads with spectacular sceneries: waterfalls, swing bridges…1 hour to visit the ethnic museum to know more about cultures in the central highlands before check in the hotel (Hotel stay)
Day 10: Kon Tum – Hoi An: 300km (end the tour)
The biggest day to end the great 10 day Mekong delta motorbike tour and Central Highlands Vietnam. The route is pretty easy and smooth on the Ho Chi Minh road. It takes about 7 hour riding through the coffee plantation, the view of nature and countryside on the roadside don’t make you boring but if you can start earlier the day, we can see more historical/cultural sites such as: My Son Holy land, same architectures as Angkor Temples in Cambodia. We will end the tour in late after noon in Hoi An. Say good bye to the team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and enjoy your time in Hoi An/Da Nang
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike