Saigon Mototorbike Tour Mekong Delta – Central Highlands – 10 Days
Why not Saigon motorbike tour? When planning for a motorbike tour in Vietnam, many bikers think about the tour to the mountainous areas in Northern Vietnam with incredible mountain view, ethnic cultures… But they don’t know much about southern part and central highland where we can show you different beauty of Vietnam or the things some people can call the “MUST SEE”. In order to show you all beauties of Vietnam, the local team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert would like to invite you to join this special 10 Day/9 Night Tour covering almost Me Kong delta and the nicest parts of Central highlands.
Day 1: Saigon Motorbike Tour to Ben Tre: 175 km (70% back road & off road – Homestay)
8:00 AM, Our tour guide and all bikes are ready at your hotel then we will start the tour after fitting the gears. It will take you around 1 hour to escape the busy city, and then mostly on scenic back roads through peaceful villages, huge farm of dragon fruit, larger green rice fields… also crossing a lot of ferries , narrow bridges… you will be in lovely place which called the kingdom of coconut in the south of Vietnam in late afternoon. You can stay at a basic standard hotel or home-stay.
Day 2: Ben Tre – Can Tho: 200 km (80% back road and off road – Hotel)
Stand on your bikes after the breakfast, a lot of single tracks, bridges are waiting for you. Riding through many villages where you are welcomed by local people with big smiles. Arriving in Can Tho around 4:00 p.m, get a room in hotel and waiting for the floating market in the next morning. That’s a very special local market that they said “never been in the floating market, never been to Mekong Delta” (Hotel stay)
Day 3: Can Tho – Chau Doc: 220km ( 90% back road & off road – Hotel)
We call today is a day of bridges; you can’t remember how many bridges you pass through. A lot of beautiful canals follow you from the beginning until the end. The highlight for today is Tra Su cajuput forest, a must-see destination in all of Mekong Delta. It is also a mangrove forest, covers an area around 850 hectares with a lot of species: storks, snakes, turtles….. 1 hour on the boat trip to discover the beauty of the forest. After the forest, another short ride to the top of mountain where you can see the sunset and also the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. (Hotel stay)
Day 4: Chau Doc – Cai Be or Ben Tre: 170km (80% back road & off road – Hotel )
Another typical day of motorbike touring Mekong Delta with large and green rice fields, monkey bridges, ferries crosses….Today if the final day of the Mekong Delta part so enjoy every stop and take as many pictures as you can.
Day 5: Cai Be or Ben Tre – Vung Tau: 170 km (70% back road & off road – Hotel)
The last rides in Mekong Delta in the morning before you are heading to the coast. if the weather is fine, so you can have a long boat trip to Vung Tau, a beautiful city with nice beaches. If the sea is rough or you don’t like to be on the boat, we can continue riding to. Check in the hotel then you have free time on the beach.
Day 6: Vung Tau – Mui Ne: 220km (smooth coastal roads – Hotel)
Full day riding along the coast with a lot of beautiful beaches on the way, you can stop and go for quick swim if you want to. If you like water sports, you can do wind surfing, Jetsky…This is one of the best day for the one who love and looking for a motorcycle tour along coastlines in Vietnam.
Day 7: Mui Ne – Da Lat: 180km (50% back road and off road – Hotel)
Say good bye to beaches, we’re heading to Da Lat up – a famous destination in the central highlands of Vietnam, where you can have four seasons in one day. Some back roads through pine forests look like you are riding in Europe and some off road through coffee plantations before you end up at the hotel. Night market after dinner is a good idea before goes to bed. (Hotel stay)
Day 8: Da Lat – Buon Ma Thuot: 220km (60% back road & off roads – Hotel)
Buon Ma Thuot (BMT) is well-known as a capital of coffee in Vietnam. Riding motorbike through coffee plantations you will know how they grow and harvest, stop more on the way to try local coffee if you are interested. We do have elephants in Vietnam, and they mostly stay in this area. If the time permits, you can try elephant riding on the way to our hotel.
Day 9: Buon Me Thuot – Kon Tum: 245km (mostly stay on HCM trails – Hotel)
Long easy ride on HCM trails, it is smooth and windy roads with spectacular sceneries: waterfalls, swing bridges…1 hour to visit the ethnic museum to know more about cultures in the highland before check in the hotel (Hotel stay)
Day 10: Kon Tum – Hoi An: 300km (mostly on HCM trails – end the tour)
The biggest day to end the great Saigon motorbike tour to Mekong Delta and Central Highlands Vietnam. The route is pretty easy and smooth on the Ho Chi Minh road. It takes about 7 hour riding through the coffee plantation, the view of nature and countryside on the roadside don’t make you boring but if you can start earlier the day, we can see more historical/cultural sites such as: My Son Holy land, same architectures as Angkor Temples in Cambodia. We will end the tour in late after noon in Hoi An. Say good bye to the team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and enjoy your time in Hoi An/Da Nang
My Son Holy Land (The Angkor Wat of Vietnam) was the capital of Cham Pa Kingdom from the 4th to 5th centuries. Exemplifying the height of Cham architectural achievement, The My Son Sanctuary is a large complex of religious monuments originally consisting of more than 70 structures; the 25 vestiges of which remain today.
The builders of My Son were the nobility of the Cham Pa Kingdom who derived their cultural and spiritual influences almost exclusively from India.
Between the 4th to 13th centuries, there was a unique culture developed on the coast of contemporary Vietnam, owing its spiritual origins to the Indian Hinduism. This is demonstrated by the remains of a series of impressive tower-temples located in a dramatic site of My Son Holy Land, which was the religious and political capital of the Cham Pa Kingdom for most of its existence.
Through stone stele and royal dynasties, My Son was proven to be the most important Holy Land of the Cham people during the mentioned centuries, reflecting their style and history. The Cham people belong to an ethnic group in Southeast Asia. They formed the core of the Muslim communities in both Cambodia and Vietnam. Cham is a remnant of the Cham Pa Kingdom (7th to 15th centuries), closely related to the Malay race.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”