This amazing Vietnam Laos motorbike tour is the right ones who would like to visit and compare the difference in culture and nature between Vietnam and Laos. The tour covers almost beautiful places in Northwest Vietnam and North Laos. The route is a mixture of on and off-road tracks but we can also make it easy or harder depending on the riders’ expectation. This tour starts and ends in Hanoi but you will see different scenery everyday. We’re always looking for something new on our motorbike trips and we’re sure you’ll love this tour.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Hich. 190km (L,D – Home-stay)
8:00 AM. Pick you all up from the hotel in Hanoi then transfer to our shop to start this special Vietnam Laos motorbike tour. It’ll be mostly on easy paved trails with nice scenery, crossing some beautiful villages of the Thai, Muong people who live in the houses on the stilts surrounded by green plantation. End the first day at Mai Hich village – the quiet villages of the Thai people. Stay in one of the nice stilted house of the local.
Day 2: Mai Hich – Cross Laos border – Sam Nuea . 227km (B,L,D – Hotel)
After breakfast with the family, Start the ride at around 8:30 AM. Ride on a beautiful and green trail along the Mai Chau valley and the Ma river. If the weather is not too bad, we can also do some 25km off-road before crossing the Na Meo border gate to get into Laos. The landscape suddenly changed in Laos side, much more quiet road, ride up/down many mountain passes. The last 80 km is quite bumpy. End the ride at around 5:00 PM. It’s the long day but it’s a memorable day of this Vietnam Laos motorbike tour. Stay at mini hotel in Sam Nuea.
Day 3: Sam Nuea – Xieng Khouang. 208 km (B,L,D – Hotel)
Leaving Samnuea at around 8:30 AM, Continue the beautiful motorbike tour in Laos. We will ride up and down on many scenic passes. Take some easy off-road ride to some village of the local hill tribes along the way. Before arrive in Xieng Khouang, we will pay a visit to the famous Plain Of Jars. Stay in a little hotel in Xieng Khouang.
Day 4: Xieng Khoang – Luang Prabang. 287 km (B,L,D – hotel)
This is the longest and one of the most beautiful day of this 11 day motorbike tour Vietnam – Laos. Start the day earlier at around 8:00 AM. We will ride motorbikes on mostly smooth passes to Luang prabang with beautiful terraces. There will be many stops for photos of beautiful nature and many different local tribes. We will pay some visits to some local tribes to learn more about their daily life and local Laos culture. Arrive late in the afternoon.
Day 5. Free and easy day at Luangprabang (B – Hotel)
After some long riding days. It’s the necessary and enjoyable non-riding day of the tour. We’ll spend whole day to relax, wonder around to discover the ancient city of Luangprabang, a nice city with lovely food and plenty of things to visit you can also take a bikes and ride around to see more tribes and waterfalls, pagodas… Meals by your own, feel free to choose your favorite local Laos food. Stay in a hotel.
Day 6: Luangprabang – Muang Xai. 200km (B,L,D – guesthouse)
Leaving the beautiful city of Luang Prabang, We continue the motorbike tour to Vietnam with another long day. The route today is a bit busier but still enjoyable with many stops to visit the villages of Hmong & Thai peoples. We will ride along the Mekong river and it’s the highlight of the day. We end the day at the liitle town of Muang Xai, stay overnight in a little hotel.
Day 7: Muang Xai – Vietnam border – Dien Bien Phu. 120 km (B,L,D – hotel)
Ending the motorcycle touring in Laos. Today is the relaxing and short day before saying goodbye to Laos. Head to the east where we will cross the border to get back to Vietnam after doing some paperwork. We continue the motorbike touring in Vietnam with the scenic ride all the way down hill through the rustic villages of Thai people before getting down on the flat spectacular valley of Dien Bien Phu. You will see a large and green rice field surrounded by mountains, the ride is pretty easy and we can have some stops and pay visits to the war sites or villages of the local people to learn more about local Vietnamese culture. Stay in a hotel in Dien Bien city.
Day 8: Dien Bien Phu – Sin Ho. 170 km (B,l,D – hotel)
Make a visit to the historical remain of French battle field during the Indochina War. Leaving the city of Dien Bien, we will ride along the Da river on quiet sealed road with beautiful view of mountains and river. It’s another highlight of this special Laos – Vietnam motorbike tour. After that, we will ride motorbike up and up and up on the scenic pass to Sin Ho. Stay in a small and quiet town of Sin Ho with the height of more than 2000 m above sea level.
Day 9: Sin Ho – Sapa. 120 km (B,L,D – hotel)
It’s another easy day ride to Sapa, the ride will be up and down on some of the most beautiful mountain passes in Northern Vietnam. We will be in Sapa for lunch and then spend the afternoon to see around Sapa by foot or motorbikes. We can keep motorbike riding through some valley nearby Sapa to see more breathtaking rice terraces and visits and know more about the Dzao and Zay people. It’s a short ride but must be another highlight of this Laos – Vietnam motorbike tour. Stay in a hotel
Day 10: Sapa – Thac Ba lake: 240 km (B,l, D – Homestay)
Another long day of this amazing Vietnam Laos motorbike tour. The motorbike ride from Sapa to Thac Ba lake is the mixture of on and off-road riding through many beautiful villages of the Tay, Thai and Dzao people…We will end the motorbike ride at around 3:30 pm at the nice and quiet villages of the Dzao people locating nearby the Thac Ba lake then spend 1.5 hour boat ride around the beautiful and green lake of Thac Ba. Stay and BBQ party with the family of the Dzao people.
Sapa is not only a ideal destination for honeymoon, for easy tour by bus, train and for people who love trekking but also a great area for motorbike touring in Vietnam. Because of its high attitude, the road to Sapa is wonderful for motorcycle ride, it offers incredible view of green mountains with terrace fields and peaceful villages of the hill tribes.sapa2
The charm of the Sapa is a good combination between the minority people and nature. This is seen especially in the paddy fields carpeting the rolling lower slopes of the Hoang Lien Mountains. The impressive physical landscape which underlies this has resulted from the work of the elements over hundred of years, wearing away the underlying rock. On a clear day, the imposing peak of Fan Si Pan comes into view. The last major peak in the Himalayan chain, Fansipan offers a real challenge to even the keenest walker, the opportunity of staggering views, and a rare glimpse of some of the last remaining primary rain forest in Vietnam
Day 11: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 km (B,L)
Leave the family for Hanoi at around 8:00 am. We can do some off-road riding or just ride easily on the smooth back-roads back to Hanoi. We keep riding along the Red river to be away from busy highway. The last 20 km back to Hanoi is the most difficult parts of the tour with busy local traffic but it’s not so bad if you ride carefully and slowly after the guide. End this great Vietnam Laos motorbike tour in Hanoi at around 3:30 PM.
+ This is just an example itinerary of the Vietnam Laos motorbike tour from Hanoi, we do have few other options to make longer, easier or harder…. Please just let know your special expectation then we together build your own tour.
+ The best time to do this tour is from February to May and August to December. You do need to have a multiple entry visa to Vietnam and Laos
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike