Why this is one of our best seller North Vietnam motorcycle tours? Within 8 day touring with the local guide of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert, you will have fully chances to explore almost the most beautiful and interesting places in Northern Vietnam such as the majestic Ha Giang, picturesque Ba Be lake & national park, peaceful and green Mai Chau valley, breathaking Sapa and the impressive Mu Cang Chai…beside, you the tour offers plenty of chances to interact with some interesting ethnic people people…The tour is a great mixture of on -road and offroad tracks and we have flexibility to choose the harder routes with more offroad/dirt tracks…depending on your riding experience or expectation. In short, after the 8 day tour, you will experience almost the “must see” and “must do” in both Northeast Vietnam and Northwest Vietnam, it’s not an easy tour but it’ll be surely unforgettable trip of your lifetime!
If you do care about other Northwest Vietnam or Northeast Vietnam Tours, visit the links below:
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake: 240 km
This great North Vietnam motorcycle tours starts at around 8 AM. We try the best to avoid busy city road in the morning until Cho Chu town( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have luch. After lunch, we surely have enjoyable motorcycle ride to Ba Be because the roads have less traffic and give you a lot of grand mountain view. At about 4 PM. We arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side. Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể – Ba means “Three”, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park.
It is home of a range of animals and plants.
Day 2: Babe Lake – Meo Vac: 170 km
Saying good bye to the family, we’ll ride motorbike on the back-roads through some rustic villages and the jungle. Then we motorbike across some streams. This promise to be a great day for off-road Vietnam motorbike touring. We will stop in Bao Lac town for lunch and then continue the beautiful motorcycle tour Northern Vietnam to Meo Vac by taking a scenic route climbs over many Passes where we can enjoy beautiful mountain ranges and the Nho Que river. Arrive at Meo Vac by 5.00PM. Dinner in town, Hotel stay.
Meo Vac Town is located in the heart of the Dong Van Rock Plateau, which was recognized as part of the Global Geo-Park Network in 2009, the Dong Van old quarter is home to age old and unique architecture near Ha Giang Province’s border with China. Therefore, the Motorbike tour to Ha Giang, Dong Van is always the best choice of the motorcyclists.
Day 3: Meo Vac – Ha Giang: 180 Km
Today’s ride promises to be the highlight of this motorcycle trip in north Vietnam as we will visit one of the most remote land in Vietnam where we can see many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and imposing mountains such as : Pi Leng Pass – one of the 4 longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam, the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. This is for sure the best motorbike ride in Vietnam with many interesting and amazing things in every meter of the road. Arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon.
Dinner and stay with the other Tay’s family or stay in hotel in Ha Giang city
Ha Giang, 300 km away from Hanoi, located at the highest latitude in Vietnam. It is surrounded by Cao Bang, Tuyen Quang, Lao Cai, and Yen Bai. It shares a border with China in the north. Many ethnic minorities, including the Dao, H’mong, Tay, and Nung, live in Ha Giang province Vietnam.
Day 4: Ha Giang – Sa Pa: 220km
Today we head straight towards the North-western mountain where the main Fansipan Mountain range dominates the road until Sapa. The road is very smooth with a good view of green mountain, rice fields between lovely villages of the hill tribes. After a short break in Lao Cai to see Chinese border, we will have very beautiful motorbike ride up to Sapa. This motorbike ride is up and up till 1.600 meters above sea level. It offers a great view of mountain with terrace fields and it must be one of the best motorcycle tours Vietnam.
Arrive in Sapa at around 5: 00 pm, overnight at hotel in Sapa.
Day 5: Sapa – Mu Cang Chai: 150 km
You are free to explore Sapa until 1.00PM, check out hotel and we continue the route to Than Uyen, we will make a splendid climb up from Sapa to the top of the highest road pass in Vietnam (Tram Ton Pass). Crossing into Lai Chau Province at over 2000m above sea level. This is a short motorbike ride but could be the most enjoyable motorbike tour from Sa pa. The ride offers you amazing view of the Hoang Lien mountain ranges for miles and miles. We arrive in Mu Cang Chai by 5.00PM,
Dinner and overnight in hotel or doing home-stay with the Tay family.
Day 6: Mu Cang Chai – Phu Yen: 190 km
We keep riding up and down into a forested and high mountain region populated by H’mong peoples. We will hike up a very high mountain pass before descending into a mountainous tea-growing region. Soon after we follow a long the valley floor covered in a sea of rice surrounded by Hmong and Thai’s villages all the way to Phu Yen. Especially, after lunch in Tu Le – a famous land for terrace fields so the ride through the villages and rice terraces. This is another highlight of this Motorcycle tour North Vietnam.
Arrive Phu Yen town at 5:00Pm. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Phu Yen – Mai Chau Valley 160 km
It’s just a short ride to Mai Chau valley, but it’s also really enjoyable motorbike ride! It offers some different views from the days before with different hill tribes. Right after Phu Yen town, we will have great ride along the Da River lake on the winding road between the river lake and mountains. it is likely a motorcycle tour on the coastline in the central Vietnam. After crossing the Da river by a ferry, we will motorcycle up and up to Moc Chau plateau where we stop for lunch. After lunch, we’ll make a turn to the quiet mountain road named Hua Tat – it’s built by the French during the war time and nowadays, it seems like a forgotten so the short ride to Mai Chau is also the best part of the Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour.
Arrive Mai Chau at 4:30 PM. Stay in Poom-coong village of the Thai people – Home stay.
Day 8: Mai Chau – Hanoi. – 170km
Having a short walk around the villages of the Thai people in the morning, feel the peaceful life of the local by walking around the valley and then start the motorbike ride back to Hanoi at around 9 AM. After 2 beautiful mountain passes – Thung Khe and Doc Cun we will have lunch and then join the high way back to Hanoi. We will be back to the hotel before rush hours in order to end the 8 Day motorbike tour in north Vietnam safely. Saying goodbye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and we will take you back to your hotel in Hanoi city by taxi/bus. Tour end at around 4:30 pm.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike