Why this is our best seller motorcycle tours Vietnam? 8 day touring will offer fully chances to taste Ha Giang, Ba Be National Park, Ba Be lake, Mai Chau valley and Sa pa… They are the most attractive destinations in North Vietnam. You will have great album of stunning landscape of mountainous region and colorful hill tribes after 8 day riding motorbike in northern Vietnam with experienced local team of Motorbike Tour Expert. This is a great mixture of on and offroad riding but it could be flexible to make it easy or harder depending on the riders’ expectation, that’s why it’s one of the most picked in our Vietnam Motorcycle Tours Collection.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake: 240 km
This great motorcycle tour to the north of Vietnam starts at around 8 AM. We try the best to avoid busy city road in the morning until Cho Chu town( in Thai Nguyen province) where we have luch. After lunch, we surely have enjoyable motorcycle ride to Ba Be because the roads have less traffic and give you a lot of grand mountain view. At about 4 PM. We arrive Pac Ngoi – a beautiful village of Tay people which located peacefully at Ba Be lake’s side. Diner and stay with the Tay’s family.
Ba Bể Lake (Vietnamese: Hồ Ba Bể – Ba means “Three”, Bể is from the Tay language word pé, meaning “lake”) is the largest natural lake in Vietnam. It is located in Nam Mẫu commune, Bắc Kạn district, Bắc Kạn Province in the northeastern region of the country.
Having been formed approximately 200 million years ago, the lake is surrounded by limestone cliffs, which in turn are covered by primary forests. The lake comprises three zones named Pé Lầm, Pé Lù, and Pé Lèng. Three rivers, named Năng, Tả Han, and Nam Cường, are the main inflows of the lake. The Năng river enters the lake through a large waterfall called Đầu Đẳng. In the lake there are also three islands, named Án Mã, Khẩu Cúm, and Po Gia Mải (literally “Widow’s Island”).
Ba Bể Lake is a featured geographical science and is a biodiversity reservoir. It is a part of the Ba Be National Park.
It is home of a range of animals and plants.
Day 2: Babe Lake – Meo Vac: 170 km
Saying good bye to the family, we’ll ride motorbike on the back-roads through some rustic villages and the jungle. Then we motorbike across some streams. This promise to be a great day for off-road Vietnam motorbike touring. We will stop in Bao Lac town for lunch and then continue the beautiful motorcycle tour Northern Vietnam to Meo Vac by taking a scenic route climbs over many Passes where we can enjoy beautiful mountain ranges and the Nho Que river. Arrive at Meo Vac by 5.00PM. Dinner in town, Hotel stay.
Meo Vac Town is located in the heart of the Dong Van Rock Plateau, which was recognized as part of the Global Geo-Park Network in 2009, the Dong Van old quarter is home to age old and unique architecture near Ha Giang Province’s border with China. Therefore, the Motorbike tour to Ha Giang, Dong Van is always the best choice of the motorcyclists.
Day 3: Meo Vac – Ha Giang: 180 Km
Today’s ride promises to be the highlight of this motorcycle trip in north Vietnam as we will visit one of the most remote land in Vietnam where we can see many ethnic groups with their unique cultures and imposing mountains such as : Pi Leng Pass – one of the 4 longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam, the Rock Plateau, the Vuong palace in Dong Van, The “Heaven Gate” in Quan Ba. This is for sure the best motorbike ride in Vietnam with many interesting and amazing things in every meter of the road. Arrive Ha Giang in the late afternoon.
Dinner and stay with the other Tay’s family or stay in hotel in Ha Giang city
Ha Giang, 300 km away from Hanoi, located at the highest latitude in Vietnam. It is surrounded by Cao Bang, Tuyen Quang, Lao Cai, and Yen Bai. It shares a border with China in the north. Many ethnic minorities, including the Dao, H’mong, Tay, and Nung, live in Ha Giang province Vietnam.
Day 4: Ha Giang – Sa Pa: 220km
Today we head straight towards the North-western mountain where the main Fansipan Mountain range dominates the road until Sapa. The road is very smooth with a good view of green mountain, rice fields between lovely villages of the hill tribes. After a short break in Lao Cai to see Chinese border, we will have very beautiful motorbike ride up to Sapa. This motorbike ride is up and up till 1.600 meters above sea level. It offers a great view of mountain with terrace fields and it must be one of the best motorcycle tours Vietnam.
Arrive in Sapa at around 5: 00 pm, overnight at hotel in Sapa.
Day 5: Sapa – Mu Cang Chai: 150 km
You are free to explore Sapa until 1.00PM, check out hotel and we continue the route to Than Uyen, we will make a splendid climb up from Sapa to the top of the highest road pass in Vietnam (Tram Ton Pass). Crossing into Lai Chau Province at over 2000m above sea level. This is a short motorbike ride but could be the most enjoyable motorbike tour from Sa pa. The ride offers you amazing view of the Hoang Lien mountain ranges for miles and miles. We arrive in Mu Cang Chai by 5.00PM,
Dinner and overnight in hotel or doing home-stay with the Tay family.
We keep riding up and down into a forested and high mountain region populated by H’mong peoples. We will hike up a very high mountain pass before descending into a mountainous tea-growing region. Soon after we follow a long the valley floor covered in a sea of rice surrounded by Hmong and Thai’s villages all the way to Phu Yen. Especially, after lunch in Tu Le – a famous land for terrace fields so the ride through the villages and rice terraces. This is another highlight of this Motorcycle tour North Vietnam.
Arrive Phu Yen town at 5:00Pm. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Phu Yen – Mai Chau Valley 160 km
It is a short motorbike tour to Mai Chau valley, but it’s also really enjoyable motorbike ride! It offers some different views from the days before with different hill tribes. Right after Phu Yen town, we will have great ride along the Da River lake on the winding road between the river lake and mountains. it is likely a motorcycle tour on the coastline in the central Vietnam. After crossing the Da river by a ferry, we will motorcycle up and up to Moc Chau plateau where we stop for lunch. After lunch, we’ll make a turn to the quiet mountain road named Hua Tat – it’s built by the French during the war time and nowadays, it seems like a forgotten so the short ride to Mai Chau is also the best part of the Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tour.
Arrive Mai Chau at 4:30 PM. Stay in Poom-coong village of the Thai people – Home stay.
Day 8: Mai Chau – Hanoi. – 170km
Having a short walk around the villages of the Thai people in the morning, feel the peaceful life of the local by walking around the valley and then start the motorbike ride back to Hanoi at around 9 AM. After 2 beautiful mountain passes – Thung Khe and Doc Cun we will have lunch and then join the high way back to Hanoi. We will be back to the hotel before rush hours in order to end the 8 Day motorbike tour in north Vietnam safely. Saying goodbye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and we will take you back to your hotel in Hanoi city by taxi/bus. Tour end at around 4:30 pm.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”