Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau. 180 km.
Start this motorbike tour in North Vietnam from the western part of Hanoi. After 3o minutes riding in busy traffic, we’ll get closer to the countryside and then take some small roads through villages with less traffic and more chickens, ducks on the road and water buffaloes in the rice fields. After lunch, we will have one of the most scenic ride in north Vietnam by motorbiking on the small back-roads through rustic villages of the local people, enjoying the beautiful view of limestone mountain and the rice paddies, riding along the Da river lake on winding small road with a great lake view, the lake is like another Ha long bay on mountain and the ride along the lake is one of the best part of this short motorbike tour in Vietnam and then heading down to the mountain valley of Mai Chau. It’s home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts in the middle of green mountain and rice fields, it’s surely the enjoyable stay in addition, the local Thai people are the best cook in Northern Vietnam so the meals with them promise to be the highlight of your tour in North Vietnam.
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Mai Chau valley is a rural district of Hoa Binh province in the northwestern region of Vietnam. The scenery, lovely people and the great local food of Mai Chau attract more and more tourists. Its population of nearly 56.000 (year 2009) with a mixture between The Muong and The Thai people who mostly live in the wooden houses on the stilts make Mai Chau become a beautiful land with rich culture. It is also famous for its stilt houses – the type of houses which is constructed from bamboo and timber. The houses are about 2 meters off the ground in order to avoid water damage and shelter animals. Most of foreign and domestic tourists who come to Mai Chau choose to do home stay with the local. That’s the best way to experience the culture and the hidden charm of Mai Chau.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. 160 km.
The Motorbike Tour to Phu Yen today is quite easy. We can make a lot stops for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after that we’ll motorbike to the less traveled Road 43 that leads to the Da River. After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, after the ferry we will have enjoyable motorbike ride on the beautiful winding road along the Da river until Phu Yen where we stay overnight. This ride is one of most enjoyable part of this 3 day motorbike tour in North Vietnam.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel
Day 3: Phu Yen – Hanoi . 170 km.
After breakfast, we head to the west to the beautiful Lung Lo pass, here is good chance for us to ride on a sloping and winding pass with some nice green tea fields. Lunch is in Son Tay town – Hanoi. After lunch, we will ride on the small countryside roads to be away from the busy traffic and get closer to the city center. Arrive your hotel and finish the 3 Day Northern Vietnam motorbike tour before rush hours.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”