If you have short time travelling in Vietnam but still wanna see the REAL VIETNAM on two wheels?! This short motorcycle tour from Hanoi is your right choice! Within 3 days, 2 nights, our experienced guide team will take you to the green and peaceful land in Northwest Vietnam where we can see the some green and poetic villages of the hill tribe. The ride will be the mixture of smooth mountain pass, countryside back roads and some easy offroad which surely offers plenty of photo chances so it’s just a short trip but we can see the authentic Vietnam with special culture experience. This must be the best motorcycle tour in Vietnam for the one who have short time!
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau. 180 km.
Start this motorbike tour in North from Motorbike Tour Expert’s station in the western part of Hanoi. Just after 3o minutes riding in from the shop, we’ll get closer to the countryside and then take some small roads through villages with less traffic and more chickens, ducks on the road and water buffaloes in the rice fields. After lunch, we will have one of the most scenic ride in north Vietnam by motorbiking on the small back-roads through rustic villages of the local people, enjoying the beautiful view of limestone mountain and the rice paddies, riding along the Da river lake on winding small road with a great lake view, the lake is like another Ha long bay on mountain and the ride along the lake is one of the best part of this short motorbike tour in Vietnam and then heading down to the mountain valley of Mai Chau. It’s home to the white Thai people who are living in houses on stilts in the middle of green mountain and rice fields, it’s surely the enjoyable stay in addition, the local Thai people are the best cook in Northern Vietnam so the meals with them promise to be the highlight of your tour in North Vietnam.
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Mai Chau valley is a rural district of Hoa Binh province in the northwestern region of Vietnam. The scenery, lovely people and the great local food of Mai Chau attract more and more tourists. Its population of nearly 56.000 (year 2009) with a mixture between The Muong and The Thai people who mostly live in the wooden houses on the stilts make Mai Chau become a beautiful land with rich culture. It is also famous for its stilt houses – the type of houses which is constructed from bamboo and timber. The houses are about 2 meters off the ground in order to avoid water damage and shelter animals. Most of foreign and domestic tourists who come to Mai Chau choose to do home stay with the local. That’s the best way to experience the culture and the hidden charm of Mai Chau.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen. 160 km.
The Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Phu Yen today is quite easy. We can make a lot stops for pictures of amazing mountain view. We can start the day with a easy walk around the village or be lazy with a waking up café . After saying goodbye to the Thai people we ride up to the direction of Moc Chau. Lunch is after the beautiful Hua Tat pass and then after that we’ll motorbike to the less traveled Road 43 that leads to the Da River. After crossing the reservoir of Da river at Van Yen ferry, after the ferry we will have enjoyable motorbike ride on the beautiful winding road along the Da river until Phu Yen where we stay overnight. This ride is one of most enjoyable part of this 3 day motorbike tour in North Vietnam.
Dinner and stay in Phu Yen – Hotel
Day 3: Phu Yen – Hanoi . 170 km.
After breakfast, we head to the west to the beautiful Lung Lo pass, here is good chance for us to ride on a sloping and winding pass with some nice green tea fields. Lunch is in Son Tay town – Hanoi. After lunch, we will ride on the small countryside roads to be away from the busy traffic and get closer to the city center. Arrive your hotel and finish the 3 Day Northern Vietnam motorbike tour before rush hours.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike