This is one of our favorite Northern Vietnam Motorbike Tours. This 6 day Ha Giang motorbike tour will take you to the most remote areas in Northeast of Vietnam where you can see the unreal beauty of nature in Ha Giang – Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark…beside you will have a great chance to see 2 of most beautiful lakes in Vietnam which know as Ha Long bay on mountains, Thac Ba lake and Ba Be lake in the Ba Be National park…in addition, you will have interesting experience about the Vietnamese culture after some visits to some colorful hill tribes during the tour. The ride is a great mixture of on and off-road and we can be flexible to make easier or harder depending on your expectation or the weather.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Thac Ba Lake – Vu Linh. 180 km
Start the Ha Giang Motorbike Tour – Northeast Vietnam at 8 am from the Northeast side of Hanoi. We will try to keep away from the crowd of the local traffic by taking a small, winding road along the Red river. Enjoy great view of river and rice paddies as we ride through country and extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads. See the daily life of the local during the ride through some peaceful villages. Lunch at a local restaurant in Doan Hung Town. After lunch we will have better ride with some easy off-road and better view of nature. Arrive in Vu Linh – nice village of the Dzao people that located nearby the Thac Ba lake – the largest man-made lake with more than 3000 islands. We will have boat trip around this beautiful lake and this must be the highlight of this Ha Giang motorbike tour.
Home stay and dinner in Vu Linh village.
After breakfast and saying goodbye to the local host, we will continue the Ha Giang motorbike tour at around 8:30 am. Get on the bikes and ride along the Thac Ba lake on a small road lined by palm trees and scenic mountain views. We will have some interesting offroad ride through some beautiful villages before joining the National road No 2 heading up to Ha Giang where we stop for the night. Before getting to the Tay village where we do home stay, we should stop at Ha Giang city to ask permit for the Motorbike tour to the Dong Van Rock Plateau and frontier area in following days .
Home stay and dinner in the Tay’s village.
Day 3: Ha Giang to The Dong Van Rock Plateau. 160 km
Today is surely the highlight of this trip. We will have one of the best Vietnam motorbike tours today with amazing view of nature. The ride today is mostly on small challenging mountain roads (but incredibly beautiful) on the land of colorful hill-tribes. We will ride through the breathtaking Karst Geopark of Dong Van and on some of most beautiful passes in Vietnam such as the Ma Pi Leng, ‘Heaven Gate’ pass where we can stop anywhere to take amazing pictures. Experienced tour guides of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert also give you chances to learn and experience the colorful culture of local tribes. It is inspiring to see how they survive as they manage live in the rocks. When we reach town we will have some extra time to wonder the ancient streets lined with H’mong homes of clay bricks and tiles roofs built centuries ago.
Hotel stay in Dong Van.
Day 4: Dong Van – Bao Lac. 110 km
The motorbike ride in the morning is still winding along the Rock Plateau, after breakfast, enjoy slowly Vietnam motorbike tour on some beautiful mountain passes until Meo Vac where we stop for lunch. In the afternoon, we will motorcycle down hill along the river and see the different mountain view( less rocky and more green). Arrive in Bao Lac town at 5 PM.
Hotel stay in Bao Lac.
Day 5: Bao Lac – Ba Be Lake. 150 km
To save time for the boat trip in Ba Be lake, We should start the day earlier so after breakfast, we start riding at around 8.am . Today must be the best offroad Vietnam motorbike tour. Just after 20km from Bao Lac we turn to narrow and bumpy road with breathtaking view of terrace rice paddies. Especially, we have to cross few rivers instead of riding on some bamboo bridges. Finishing the memorable riding day with lunch in a peaceful village of the Tay people nearby Ba be lake .
It’s time for relaxing on one of the most beautiful and biggest natural lake in Vietnam in the afternoon – Ba Be lake.
Day 6: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi. 240 km
Staying off the main road for as long as possible we head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi. the great North Vietnam and Ha Giang motorbike tour will finish safely in Hanoi before rush hours. Saying goodbye to the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert then we will take you back to the hotel by taxi/bus. Tour ends.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”