If you want to admire the scenery of the blue sea, breathtaking mountain passes and want to experience the feeling of freedom and adventure, come on a motorbike trip from Hue to Hoi An. This promises to be an unforgettable experience for anyone, especially riders who love to explore and are passionate about adventure. So what’s special about Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes? Let’s learn and explore these roads with a Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert through this article!
Why is the route from Hue to Hoi An a favorite route for riders?
Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes are favorite routes of riders for many reasons. These roads possess beautiful natural landscapes, from romantic stretches of beaches to majestic winding passes; especially the Hai Van Pass, one of the most beautiful passes in Vietnam, Hue – Hoi An possesses countless captivating scenes. In addition, on the way you will admire the beauty of many other famous places. In addition, the roads on this journey will help you relax, leave behind the noise of the city, immerse yourself in the sea breeze and immerse yourself in majestic nature.
The journey from Hue to Hoi An will have many different routes, easy and difficult, short and long. Riders can flexibly choose routes that suit their driving ability and preferences. Besides, compared to other means of travel such as taxis or buses, motorbikes are an extremely economical choice, allowing you to freely stop and explore wherever you want.
Top 4 Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes for riders
Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Routes is one of the famous backpacking routes that attracts many riders. With beautiful natural landscapes, freedom, adventure and cost savings, this route attracts millions of visitors every year. Below are some routes recommended by riders, suitable for veteran riders and beginners alike.
Route 1: The Coast – Hai Van Pass route
- Route: classic route
- Distance: 135km (from Hue to Da Nang)
- Time: 3-5 hours
- Scenery: ocean vistas, lakes, fishing scenes, the Hai Van Pass, forests
- Road Conditions: few rough patches, light traffic, good surface
From Hoi An ancient town, riders can follow the sea route – Hai Van pass. This route is about 135 km long, passing through the beautiful natural landscapes of Central Vietnam. The first section of the route is Cau Hai lagoon, a large lagoon, with lush green rice fields. The route then follows Highway 1A for a short distance, then turns onto other backroads, this time along Chan May Bay. Chan May Bay is a beautiful bay, with fine white sand beaches and clear blue water. Next, follow Lap An lagoon, a large lagoon. Then, this route will pass Lang Co beach, a romantic beach. The most prominent destination of this route is Hai Van Pass, which is also the final stretch of the route, with zigzag curves and breathtaking views of the East Sea. With beautiful natural landscapes, this classic route is one of the best Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes for tourists who love to travel and explore.
Route 2: The direct route on Highway QL1A via the Hai Van Tunnel
- Route: the direct route on QL1A via the Hai Van Tunnel
- Distance: 95km (from Hue to Da Nang)
- Time: 2–3 hours
- Scenery: mountains, highways, coastal plains
- Road Conditions: fairly heavy traffic, good surface
This is the shortest and least challenging in the list of Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes, suitable for beginners. This route passes through the 6.3km long Hai Van tunnel, helping to shorten travel time to only about 2 hours. Although the time is quite short, this route will not be suitable for those who like to admire the scenery and experience nature throughout their journey. However, along the way you will also pass by Lang Co beach and Cau Hai Lagoon, but there are not too many highlights like other routes. This route is suitable for most types of vehicles, however motorbikes will not be allowed to go through Hai Van tunnel. You can refer to the types of shuttle buses with quite reasonable prices. Finally, you should note that the tunnel will be closed for 30 minutes every day between 1:15 PM – 1:45 PM for maintenance.
Route 3: The River – Route leading to the back of Bach Ma National Park
- Route: the new route, ‘middle’ route, leading behind Bach Ma National Park
- Distance: 125km (from Hue to Da Nang)
- Time: 2–3 hours
- Scenery: green valleys, jungle, mountains, clear rivers, crop fields
- Road Conditions: smooth, light traffic*,brand new surface
NOTE: There is some information that this route will ban two-wheeled traffic in the near future, please check carefully before going on this route.
The new route from Hue to Hoi An has been completed, shortening the travel time between the two major cities of the Central region to only about 2.5 hours. The new Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes goes through Bach Ma National Park, over Hai Van Pass and Hai Van Tunnel. This route has a flat, spacious roadbed, passing through peaceful rural areas, with green rice fields, majestic mountains and tropical forests. The new route is a suitable choice for those who want to travel between Da Nang and Hue quickly and safely. This route also brings interesting experiences to visitors, with beautiful and majestic natural landscapes.
However, it should be noted that the new route is still under construction, so there may be some unpaved road sections. In addition, the new route passes through rural areas, so it is important to pay attention to speed and comply with traffic regulations.
Route 4: The Mountains – The Ho Chi Minh Road
- Route: the spectacular, off-the-beaten-path route via the Ho Chi Minh Road
- Distance: 270km (from Hue to Danang)
- Time: 1-2 days
- Scenery: valleys, minority villages, big mountains, rainforest
- Road Conditions: good, some concrete slab sections, light traffic, paved surface
The Ho Chi Minh Road route is the longest, most beautiful of the Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes. This route is approximately 300 km long, passing through the stunning natural landscapes of Central Vietnam, including beautiful coastal plains, agricultural valleys, dense, humid forests and mountain peaks. Super high. From Hue, follow Highway 14 to Thanh My, then follow Thanh My towards Prao and reach Hoi An.
On the way, you will encounter extremely majestic mountains and dense forests. You will be surprised by these beautiful landscapes. In particular, the section between Thanh My, Prao and A Luoi will have picturesque scenery and give you the opportunity to ride horses amidst this scenery. This can be considered one of the special experiences when choosing this route to move from Hue to Hoi An.
Summary of good tips for traveling from Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes
Embarking on a Hue motorbike tour journey from Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes offers a unique adventure through the scenic landscapes of central Vietnam. Here’s a summary of valuable tips to enhance your travel experience:
- Check your motorbike before departure: Before departing, check your motorbike carefully to ensure that it is in good condition. This includes checking important parts such as headlights, taillights, turn signals, tires, brakes, horn, or clutch (if you drive a manual transmission). You should also drive the motorbike to check whether it operates smoothly or not.
- Obey traffic laws: When riding a motorbike in Vietnam, it is important to obey local traffic laws. This includes wearing a helmet, not speeding, staying in the correct lane, signaling before changing directions, and paying attention to turning vehicles.
- Check the weather: The weather in Hue and Hoi An can be significantly different, so check the weather before departing so you can prepare accordingly. Temperatures and weather in Hue are often warmer and more humid than in Hoi An, especially in summer.
- Sun protection: Central Vietnam receives high amounts of sunlight all year round. So, bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat to protect your skin from the sun.
- Wear brightly colored clothing: Wearing brightly colored clothing or a reflective neon jacket makes you more visible to other drivers.
- Start your journey early: The ideal time to depart from Hue is early in the morning. You’ll have plenty of time to rest, take photos, explore small villages, and deal with unexpected delays. In addition, you will also have more time to get to Hoi An before sunset.
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert in the above article has provided you with information about Central Vietnam motorbike tours, including Hue to Hoi An motorbike routes and things to keep in mind during the trip. Hope this information will be helpful for your upcoming trip. Wishing riders a safe and enjoyable experience!
Contact Info Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert:
- Head Office: 264 Nguyen Trai Str, Hanoi
- Bike Shop: 290 Nguyen Trai Str, Hanoi
- Tel/WhatsApp: +84.979884588
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Motorbiketourexpert/