Travelling by motorbike is an activity that will bring you the opportunity to explore the culture and landscapes of Vietnam. As Vietnam motorbike tour expert, we have compiled a comprehensive Motorcycle touring guide for your journey. Here are some essential things you should take note of and keep in mind.
Check the weather and choose your travel dates carefully
The weather conditions in Vietnam can vary, with both rainy and sunny days throughout the year. However, in Northern Vietnam, certain regions may experience significantly lower temperatures depending on the month of travel. It is essential to check the weather forecast for the destinations you plan to visit.
Additionally, it is crucial to consider the dates of your travel. During the Lunar New Year, for example, some establishments may be closed, and finding available restaurants and hotels can be challenging. However, with careful planning, your journey can coincide with vibrant events and lively carnivals taking place at your chosen destinations. For a smooth and enjoyable experience, consult our Motorcycle touring guide.
Check your motorbikes before the ride
To ensure a safe and smooth journey, it is advisable to have your motorcycle inspected by a reputable company as part of your Motorcycle touring guide. However, if inspection services are not readily available, it is essential to personally check the condition of the bike. Here are some key aspects to consider when examining the mechanics:
- Changing oil
- Checking tire, brake
- Check the oil level, change the oil if necessary
- Check the air filter
- Check brake pad wear
- Check brake oil
- Cool water test
Small packing – one of motorcycle riding guide
When it comes to motorcycle touring, having the right gear and packing efficiently are essential. In this Motorcycle touring guide, we’ll explore various backpack and bag options suitable for your journey. Consider side bags, fuel tank bags, or saddle bags, readily available in different sizes and styles from online or specialty stores to match your bike type.
When packing, prioritize essential items and ensure you have emergency medicine on hand. To optimize space in your luggage, pack a minimal wardrobe and take advantage of the option to wash and re-wear clothes. Rolling up your clothes is a smart technique to save space and keep everything organized during your adventure.
Sunscreen bags and raincoats will save you in the most unexpected situations
When it comes to motorcycle touring, efficient packing and organization play a crucial role in ensuring a seamless journey. In this regard, the sunscreen bag emerges as a game-changer in the Motorcycle touring guide.
Don’t be fooled by its seemingly ordinary appearance, as this bag offers remarkable benefits throughout your trip. Not only does it keep your accessories neatly arranged and within easy reach, but it also serves as a hygienic storage solution for your underwear and socks.
Moreover, by designating this bag for your technology devices and medicine, you can effortlessly retrieve and pack them as needed. Embrace the power of smart organization and enjoy the convenience of a well-prepared motorcycle adventure.
Rolling clothes is an efficient way to save space
Here are 2 ways you could wrap up your clothes to minimise the space in your backpack.
- Bundle of clothes: You wrap the clothes in a large bundle and then tie them up with a string. The rule is to put wrinkle-free clothes inside (such as underwear, socks, t-shirts, jeans …), then take the clothes that are easy to wrinkle and bundle them all together.
- Roll clothes: This folding method will maximise the space for luggage, but is not good at preventing wrinkles.
- Compress clothes in a compression bag: Simply place the garment in a bag, then roll it up slowly to push the air out. The downside of this method is that each bag can only hold a few items of clothing.
Layering is the most effective method for dressing or packing
When getting ready for guided motorcycle tours, it’s essential to follow a well-organized packing strategy. A useful tip is to divide your suitcase into three layers for efficient sorting. Begin with the bottom layer, tightly rolling up your items and arranging them neatly.
In the middle layer, fold your belongings in an alternating fashion to avoid overlap. Finally, reserve the top layer for delicate garments that are prone to wrinkles, ensuring they remain smooth and presentable throughout your adventure. This Motorcycle touring guide will help you pack efficiently and keep your essentials readily accessible during your tour.
A compact camera or phone is preferable to a DSLR
Another Motorcycle touring guide is always try to keep your luggage as compact as possible. Therefore, the camera includes accompanying tools such as camera tubes, tripods, and supporting devices that are quite bulky and heavy. Especially when backpacking in hilly places. Having to travel a lot and still having to carry a heavy camera will be easy to bump, or get wet easily causing damage to the device.
Using a phone will be extremely convenient during your trip, it can be used anytime, anywhere. And the advantage of the phone compared to carrying a camera on a trip is that it is highly portable, the performance of the phone is quite high, and it can always be carried with you easily.
Don’t forget your map or GPS Device
As part of the Motorcycle touring guide, it is crucial to ensure you have a fully charged phone with 4G capabilities for your trip. This will prove invaluable in case you forget the route or find yourself lost in unfamiliar surroundings. In such situations, a map and GPS device will serve as your reliable companions, guiding you through the journey and preventing any confusion or disruptions.
Stay connected with communication devices during your motorbike tour
In the realm of motorcycle touring, having an efficient and reliable communication system is crucial for the safety and coordination of the group. That’s why incorporating walkie-talkies into your gear is highly recommended. As a valuable tool in the Motorcycle touring guide, walkie-talkies provide fast and secure communication among team members, ensuring seamless coordination throughout the journey. Stay connected and ride with confidence by equipping yourself with this essential communication device.
- Walkie talkie for quick and instant communication.
- The walkie-talkie ensures to stay in touch in all situations: The device works independently and is not affected by electromagnetic waves, so the team members can still communicate with each other.
- Stable and durable operation during the trip: With good dust, water and impact resistance, it can be used stably throughout the trip without worrying about damage. Walkie-talkies will be the best communication systems during your trip.
Drink enough water – useful motorcycle riding tips
As part of your Motorcycle touring guide, it is essential to ensure you have an adequate water supply for your journey. It is recommended to prepare approximately 2 liters of water per day to keep your body hydrated while riding. If stopping for a drink poses an inconvenience, you may consider investing in a “hydration pack.”
This specialized bag not only holds a water bottle but also features a long tube that allows you to drink on the go without the need to stop. Keeping your body hydrated will help maintain your energy levels throughout the ride.
Limit your daily mileage and avoid riding in dark
One more Motorcycle touring guide you should notice in motorcycle riding tips, you will need more rest when joining a motorbike trip, compared to regular trips. Driving a motorbike for many hours without rest can cause painful, numbing spots in the buttocks.
Therefore, it is important to know when your body and car should stop to rest, avoid being too enthusiastic to drive without taking a break, this will cause more tiredness during the journey. Stop for a break and also to check if the tank needs refuelling and your bike is still in a good working order. This will save you from unexpected difficult situations on the road.
Joining a guided motorbike tour is preferable over independent travel
Embarking on a Vietnam motorbike tour with a reputable tour company ensures a safe and secure travel experience. By choosing a guided tour instead of traveling independently, you can rely on the expertise and knowledge of the tour guides who are familiar with the local roads and conditions.
They prioritize safety measures, provide necessary equipment, and offer assistance throughout the journey. With a Vietnam motorbike tour, you can enjoy the thrill of the open road while having peace of mind knowing that your safety is a top priority. Here are the reasons why you should go on a tour instead of going it alone:
- Ensure safety: We have prepared everything from transportation, food, accommodation, and specific schedules.
- Learn a lot of experience: The tour guide is a person who travels a lot, knows well about the attractions and has extensive knowledge of the tourism field. Therefore, when participating in the tour, you can accumulate for yourself the knowledge that the guide shares during the journey.
- Lighter luggage: Tour guides will help you make your luggage compact and light, and they also can carry some items for you.
- Time Saving: You only need to select conditions such as room class, flight ticket class, which are clearly presented in the description of the tour. You also don’t have to spend time on visa registration procedures, or have to learn carefully about local customs when participating in the tour.
Where is the best place to choose a motorbike tour in Vietnam?
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will be the best to accompany guided motorcycle tours in Vietnam for you. Our schedule is clear and attractive, the motorbikes are also safe and always double checked before the journey begins. Our tour guides are full of experience and very friendly, they will provide all the needed information and check your healthcare during the trip.
Contact Info Vietnam Motorbike tour Expert:
- Head Office: 264 Nguyen Trai str, Hanoi
- Bike Shop: 290 Nguyen Trai str, Hanoi
- Tel/WhatsApp: +84.979884588
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Motorbiketourexpert/
This is a comprehensive motorcycle touring guide, encompassing all the knowledge you need for an unforgettable adventure. If you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.