This 7 day Northeast Vietnam motorcycle tour offers almost the famous attractions in the northeast of Vietnam such as: Ba Be lake , Ban Gioc waterfall, Cao Bang and Halong Bay – the natural world heritage. The tour also includes some interesting visits to ethnic people in North Vietnam. In addition, there are some fun offroad motorbike touring in this tour that’s why it’s always one of our best Vietnam motorcycle tours.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake: 240 Km
It must be the hardest day of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. It will be started at our shop in the outskirt of Hanoi at 8:30 AM. We will head straight up to the north east of Hanoi and after around 3 hour motorcycle ride we will be in the little peaceful town of Cho Chu where the local food is served for lunch!
The afternoon is the time for enjoying great fun of motorbike touring on the snake roads, mountain passes crossing some hill tribe’s villages. We can have a short and fun offroad motorcycle touring nearby the Ba Be National park. We will end the day at the villages of the Tay people located next to the Ba Be lake at around 5: pm.
Dinner and stay overnight in Pac Ngoi village – Home stay
Day 2: Ba Be Lake – Cao Bang : 150 Km
The sound from the Ba Be National Park and the noise from the dogs, pigs and chickens in the villages may wake you up earlier than normal but that’s the chance to feel the morning fresh air and experience the new day in remote area of Vietnam. After breakfast with the Tay family, we take a short walk to the Babe lake pier to start the fun boat cruise around the largest natural lake in Vietnam – Ba Be lake. We can also have a short walk into the national park or swim at the lake. It’s just a half day discovering this National park but it’s really the highlight of the tour. This beautiful morning must be includes in all motorcycle tours North Vietnam.
After another lunch in Pac Ngoi village, we will have easy motorcycle tour to Cao Bang. The ride is about 150 Km from the village and it is almost on the smooth roads up and up to Cao Bang where we stay the second night.
Overnight in Cao Bang – Hotel stay
Day 3: Cao Bang – Ban Gioc waterfall – Quang Uyen: 180 Km
This is another highlight of the Motorcycle Tour Northeast Vietnam. Getting out of the Cao Bang city, we will hit the road up north to the Chinese border on the winding road where there is almost no traffic but plenty of amazing mountain views with rustic villages of the colorful hill tribe. This morning could be the best offroad motorbike tour in North Vietnam, our words are not enough to describe the beauty of the countryside here in Cao Bang countryside. We will be at the Ban Gioc waterfall – the most beautiful waterfall in North Vietnam at luch time.
After the axing time at the fall to picture and swimming in the pure green water, get back to the bikes and enjoy a short North Vietnam motorcycle tour to Quang Uyen town
Overnight in Quang Uyen – Home Stay.
Day 4: Quang Uyen – Lang Son: 180 Km
This is another beautiful motorcycle ride in North Vietnam. The first half of the day is a ride in the quiet mountain area with nice view and the second half in the afternoon is a easy ride down to Lang son on some mountain passes which offer you the different view from the day before because we will get lower and lower where the mountains, people and villages look different. We will be in Lang Son city at around 4:30 PM. If you don’t mind to ride in the busy city we can offer to have extra motorcycle ride to some big and colorful markets which locates in city center or at the border gates to China. It’s must be the easiest ride of this motorcycle tour North Vietnam. Stay in Lang Son city – Hotel stay
Day 5: Lang Son – Ha Long city: 180 Km
This motorbike tour to Halong Bay offers different views of North Vietnam, we will ride down lower and lower land where there are more things to see. The roads in the morning are quite flat leading through some little towns between hills and rice fields. In the afternoon, we will have motorcycle tour along the coastline to Ha Long city. We will finish the motorcycle trip to Halong at 5:00 PM.
Stay in Halong city – Hotel stay
Day 6: Ha Long Bay Discovery
Free time until 11:00 AM, take to short walk to the tourist wharf nearby the city and then join the other groups on the big boat. After sea food lunch on the boat, it is your time in the paradise of Halong bay. (Relaxing on the sun desk with cold beer or cocktail.., swimming, kayaking or seeing the natural lime stone caves in this Natural world heritage – Ha Long Bay). It’s a noon riding day but for sure it’s the highlight of this motorcycle tour North Vietnam.
Overnight on the boat
Day 7: Halong Motorcycle to Hanoi : 170 Km
After the quiet night on the boat, start the fresh morning with a local café and western-style breakfast. The boat keeps cruising around to see more Halong bay and then back to the city at lunch time.
After checking out the boat, we will back to the bikes and motorcycle straight back to Hanoi on the highway No 18. We will be back to Hanoi and finish the enjoyable Northeast Vietnam Motorcycle Tour at around 5:00 PM. Leave the bikes at our shop saying good bye to the guide team of Vietnam motorbike tour Expert then back to your hotel in Hanoi in city center by bus or taxi.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike