We offer several options for short Motorcycle Tours in Vietnam departing from Hanoi. What makes this 4-day offroad motorbike tour Vietnam special is its focus on providing more single track and off-road rides, taking you off the beaten path for a chance to witness the breathtaking beauty of nature that few people have the opportunity to see. Besides, you will have some great chances to interact with some interesting ethnic people and visit their peaceful and beautiful villages so the tour is also a great combination of beautiful nature and local traditional culture discovery. If you’re looking for an exceptional short off-road Motorbike Tours Vietnam, this 4-Day North Vietnam motorbike tour must be one of your best choices!
Day 1: Hanoi – Phu Yen: 170 km (Hotel)
At 8:00 am, our guide team and the bus will come and pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi. Take you straight to our shop in the edge of Hanoi and after fitting the bikes and gears, get some briefing from the guide, we will start this offroad motorbike tour at around 9:30 am (after rush hour).
Just after around one hour riding from our shop, we will be in the peaceful countryside of Hanoi where we will can enjoy the ride through the large green rice fields in between villages of the Viet people. After lunch in Thanh Son, Phu Tho province, the ride is really amazing that can please any riders, we will have some easy offroad motorbike ride through picturesque tea plantation where we can stop and learn how to make green tea from a local farmer there. When we get closer to Phu Yen town, we can do some harder offroad riding up to the Hong mountain where the view is just unreal. Some pictures on this top of mountain could be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. We will end the Day 1 at a hotel in little town of Phu Yen before dark.
Day 2: Phu Yen – Ta Xua – Tram Tau: 180 km (Bungalow)
Today is a better day! After leaving the the Phu Yen town, we will enjoy a great offroad motorcycle tour up to Ta Xua mountain which is recently one of the hottest destinations in North Vietnam for any bikers in Vietnam. Known as the Dinosaur Spine mountain, Ta Xua is famous for its unique beauty and cool weather, however, the motorbike tour to Ta Xua is not easy if the weather is wet whatever riding on road or offroad to Ta Xua, you can also see amazing view of Nature. After lunch at a Café near Ta Xua mountain, we will continue a fun offroad motorbike tour up and down to North of Son La province…and end the day at the nice homestay where we will have a chill and peaceful night in a bungalow. Especially, there is a hot spring nearby the homestay so if you want we can ride there and enjoy a swim with some local people.
Day 3: Tram Tau – Thac Ba lake: 160 km (Homestay)
The ride today is quite different the days before. The route today is not so hard but still offers a great view of countryside and nature. We will ride though some rustic village of the Dzao and Muong people…to see the daily of the local hill tribes who are working on the rice fields or waling to the market and we may take some visits to some family to learn more about their culture and tradition.
After lunch in Yen Bai, we will take a secondary backroad or some easy offroad to a small village of the Dzao people in Vu Linh where we stay at a homestay of a Dzao family.
This is a small village name Ngoi Tu which is close to the Thac Ba lake. After leaving the bikes and take off the gear, we will get on boat tour around 1.5 hour to see this beautiful Thac Ba lake. You can swim and enjoy a lots of mountains on the water…that’s why it’s called Ha Long bay on land. This boat trip must be one of the memorable highlights of this North Vietnam tour.
Day 4: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 km
After a hearty breakfast and warm farewells to our friendly host, our motorcycle adventure back to Hanoi kicks off. We’ll rev up our bikes and cruise along bumpy roads, passing through charming Dzao villages surrounded by palm trees and lush green tea farms. If you’re up for it, we can also take some off-road routes in the morning, promising an exciting start to our North Vietnam motorcycle tour.
Post-lunch in Doan Hung town, we’ll enjoy a pleasant motorcycle ride along the scenic Red River banks. We’ll follow the river until it merges with the Black River, and together they flow towards Hanoi. This leg of the journey gives us a taste of the heart of the Red River delta.
We’ll make it back to Hanoi before the rush-hour rush, ensuring a safe conclusion to our offroad motorbike tour Vietnam around 4 pm. We’ll say our goodbyes to the Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert team and catch a taxi back to your Hanoi hotel, wrapping up our adventure with memories to cherish.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike