Northwest Highlands is an ideal place for motorcycle touring in Vietnam, Including some untouched villages of the colorful hill tribes, amazing rice terrace fields and famous Sapa, this motorbike trip around northwest Vietnam is one of our recommended Motorcycle tours in Vietnam.
Unlike the other Vietnam motorcycle tour organizers, we yearly spend time to do road researching just in order to offer motorcyclists simply different and better touring roads and today’s motorbike ride to Mai Chau is an example. The itinerary can be copied but the road is our own.
Depart from the western part of Hanoi at 8:30 am. Just after 45 minute riding we will be in rustic countryside road through some rural villages locating between hills and rice fields. Lunch is in Yen Lac – Hoa Binh provice, the ride in the afternoon promise to be one of the best motorbike tours in North Vietnam, all is on mountain back-roads with beautiful view of mountain, river and cute houses on stilts. We will be in Mai Chau valley at 5:00 pm. Home stay with the Thai people.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Phu Yen: 150 Km
Breakfast at 8:00 am, It’s a easy and relaxing riding day so after breakfast we can take it easy with a short walk around the village to learn more about the interesting daily life of the Thai people. After saying good bye the hosts, we continue the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tour to Moc Chau, getting out of the valley by riding up and up to higher lands, we will see more villages of the Mong people. Once we get close to Moc Chau plateau, we’ll make a turn to small quiet road named Hua Tat pass, that is old French-built road with a great view of mountain so you can surely have great motorcycle ride on.
After lunch in Moc Chau, we will motorbike all the way down to the Da river lake to cross the river lake to Phu Yen. Before getting to Phu Yen town, we will have beautiful ride along the Da river this could be the highlight of this Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour. The ride remind you of the motorcycle tour on coastlines in Central and South Vietnam. We’ll finish the day at the hotel in small town of Phu Yen at 4:30 pm.
“Pho” is served for breakfast at 7:30 am. We start the ride at around 8:00 am. This is another highlight of motorbike tour in North Vietnam, we will cross some long, winding mountain passes that offer the imposing of mountain with terrace fields. We will do many stops for pictures and visits to the H’mong, Thai and Dzao people. We will be in Than Uyen at about 5:00 pm. Dinner and stay in a hotel.
Day 4: Than Uyen – Sapa: 110 Km
This short motorcycle tour to Sapa must be the highlight of the trip, the motorbike ride to Sapa from Than Uyen is mostly on sealed roads but it offers amazing view of mountains. The first half of the ride is on the hilly up and down roads through green, large tea fields. The other half is all the way up and up to the level of around 1600 meters where we call the town in cloud – Sapa. Lunch is in Sapa. After checking in the hotel in tow, we will have another short motorcycle tour along the Muong Hoa Valley – one of the most beautiful valley in North Vietnam where the tourist usually do walking and hiking along to visit some different village of ethnic people and take the picture of imposing terrace fields. We will be back to Sapa town at 5:00 pm.
Day 5: Sapa – Thac Ba Lake: 220 Km
It’s a big day ride! This Sapa motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake is long and there is no choice to avoid the 40 km of highway No 70.
We start the day at 8:00 am. Right after the Sapa town we will make a turn on the small mountain road to away from touristy big road to Sapa. This ride is about 30 km through some villages of the H’mong and red Dzao people and gives you the great chance for pictures of scenic terrace paddy fields. After the mountain road ride will be at Lao Cai town where we can stop to have tasty local coffee and see the Chinese border. The ride after that is on the winding mountain road but could be busier so we should pay more attention to the road for about one hour and then we make another turn to back-roads again to have enjoyable motorbike ride to Thac Ba lake. We will arrive the lake at about 4:00 pm. If time permits we can have a short boat trip around the lake.
Day 6: Thac Ba Lake – Hanoi: 180 Km
There are some different ways back to Hanoi, they‘re almost busy ones, as a Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert we promise to take you on a safe and fun road that is far away from the busy and noisy highway in addition, basing on your request, we can offer a short offroad motorbike ride through green tea plantation, it’s short but promises to be one of the best off-road motorcycle ride in Vietnam. The last 15 km is the most difficult part of the day when we get back in Hanoi to join the crazy, busy and funny local traffic, just ride slowly to float with other local scooters, motorbikes back to the hotel. End the enjoyable Vietnam motorcycle tour to Sapa at around 4:00 pm.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”