Vietnam was well famous for the war…and Vietnam used to be untouched lands for foreign tourists until early 2000, however Vietnam now becomes more and more famous for its beautiful nature and rich culture…If you’re looking for an offroad Vietnam motorcycle tour to discover the Vietnamese culture and beautiful nature, this 6 day offroad North Vietnam motorcycle tour is the right one for you. This motorcycle tour to Ta Xua mountain is the mixture of on and offroad ride off the beaten track around Northwest Vietnam covering almost the “must-see” and the hidden charms of this area. The tour offers many visits and staying with the local people with many stories and experience to learn about the daily life or tradition of the local people in North Vietnam.
Take our adrenaline-filled 6-day Ta Xua Mountain Motorcycle Tour! Ride through off-road wilderness and conquer the mighty Ta Xua mountain range – Vietnam’s best motorbike challenges. Don’t miss this thrilling Great Offroad Vietnam Motorcycle Tour – book your offroad adventure now!
Day 1: Hanoi – Pu Luong Nature Reserve: 190 km – Homes-tay
8:00 am, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert’s guide team will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi, take you to our shop in the edge of Hanoi. After fitting gears, take a change…short briefing from our local guides, we will start the tour from the shop. After riding around 30 km from the shop we will be in the countryside. The road will be less and less traffic, the view of countryside and mountain becomes more and more eye-catching until Hoa Binh, a mountainous province where we will have lunch. In the afternoon the ride is much more enjoyable and the Offroad Vietnam Motorcycle Tour really starts, the ride will be on winding roads and some fun offroad with more scenic view of nature. We will end the day in a quite villages of the Thai people in Pu Luong.
Day 2: Pu Luong – Phu Yen: 180 km – Hotel
Staying at the homestay is interesting experience and a great chance to understand the local culture and daily life of the local people however, you may wake up early because of the countryside noise. Start the day with a hot café and local breakfast and ready for the day with a lots of fun offroad motorbike rides. If you’re looking for an offroad motorcycle tour in Vietnam, the ride today is the right one you need. With more than 80 km motorbike riding offroad up and down, the day offers a lot of chances to take photos of beautiful nature and also a lot of chances to visits the friendly local people in North Vietnam. We finish this fun offroad tour today at the hotel in Phu Yen at around 4:30 pm.
Day 3: Phu yen – Ta Xua Dinosaur Spine – Muong La: 200 km – Hotel
Ta Xua Dinosaur Spine is a special mountain ranges that motorcycle travellers should not miss when travelling to North Vietnam. Known as the cloudy paradise in Vietnam, Ta Xua becomes more and more popular for any bikers in Vietnam. The scenic road to Ta Xua and the challenging track along the Ta Xua mountain surely make unforgettable experience for any motorcycle riders.
This is the highlight of this 6 day offroad motorbike tour North Vietnam, This is the top day for the fans of offroad riding. The ride will be mostly on twisty roads and offroad/single tracks with amazing view of green or cloudy mountains, especially in Ta Xua. After leaving Ta Xua dinosaur spine, we will continue offroad motorcycle tour up to Northern Vietnam to Muong La valley. We will end this great offroad riding day at the hotel in Muong La at 5:00 pm.
Day 4: Muong La – Muong Lo: 180 km – Homestay
Today’s motorbike ride is still mixture on and offroad track, we can make the day with around 50% riding offroad so it’ll be another great offroad motorbike touring. The view we see to day is quite different from the days before, we will ride up and down crossing some very high mountain ranges, especially we will cross the Khau Pha pass – one of the longest and most beautiful passes in North Vietnam. We will end the day in a nice valley of Muong Lo and staying in a nice and warm house of the Muong people.
Day 5: Muong Lo – Thac Ba lake: 160 km – Homestay
Start the day with a local café and some pan cakes for breakfast, then we will continue this offroad motorbike tour to Thac Ba lake at around 8:30 am. It’s a shortest riding day of the tour but it could be one of the most enjoyable days of this North Vietnam motorbike tour because we will ride off the beaten tracks to almost noon touristy places in Northwest Vietnam on scenic view of nature and countryside. We will see some friendly local who rarely see the foreigners. We will finish the ride in a quite village of the Dzao people who located next to the Thac Ba lake. Get off the bikes and get on the local fishing boat and enjoy 1.5 hour boat ride around this beautiful lake. We can also have a swim at the lake. It’s hard to tell how beautiful the lake is but we can be sure it could be another highlight of this offroad motorcycle tour North Vietnam. Farewell dinner with a lot of rice wine and cold beer is waiting at the homestay.
Day 6: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 km
This is the final day of this Offroad Vietnam motorcycle tour. Some riders may feel bored to ride back and end the tour today. However, this final day is also an interesting day that keep you smiling. We will keep motorbiking fun offroad crossing some villages of the ethnic people living next to the Thac Ba lake…and riding through some green tea fields. After lunch there will be no more offroad riding, but the local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will take on and safe and less traffic dyke roads along the rivers to get closed to Hanoi. The last 20 km is the ride on city roads, the traffic look crazy but it’s safe because everyone ride carefully and slowly so just slowly ride after the tour guide and you will never die. Tour and at our shop at around 4 PM. Get off the gears and we will take you back to your hotel by bus or taxi.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike