Northwest Vietnam is not only famous for amazing view of terrace rice fields or breathtaking mountain
passes…but also the hidden land where we can see the hidden beauty of Vietnam or learn more about
Vietnamese culture and tradition. This short motorbike tour from Hanoi is an well design by the experienced local guide team of
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert that show you almost famous and “not yet” famous destinations of
Northwest Vietnam but for us they’re all the “Must see” in North Vietnam. The routes on the tour are well
selected to keep you safe and enjoying the riding everyday of the tour. It is a mixture of on and off-road
tracks but we can be flexible to make it easier or harder with more single/offroad tracks depending on your
expectation. It’s really one of the best short rides in our collection of beautiful Vietnam motorbike tours.
Day 1: Hanoi – Phu Yen: 170 km – Hotel
Our local tour guide will come and pick you up at your hotel at 8:00 then take you to our shop and start riding from the shop. After a short briefing, fitting gear…and start this beautiful Sapa – Northwest Vietnam Motorbike Tour from Hanoi at around 9:30 am. After 15 km riding from the shop our guide will take you on some countryside back-roads with nice and green view of countryside. We can do some fun offroad near the Xuan Son National park and cross beautiful green tea plantation. We will end the first day of the tour at around 4:30 pm in Phu Yen. Phu Yen is a little town in the green valley in Son La province, it’s like a gate to get into mountainous area in Northwest Vietnam.
Day 2: Phu Yen – Nghia Lo – Mu Cang Chai: 180 km – Hotel
Today must be the highlight of this North Vietnam motorcycle tour. The ride will be on some of the most scenic roads, longest and highest mountain passes which offer a lot of stops for picturing. We’ll cross Tu Le and Mu Cang Chai, the two remote lands of Yen Bai province where the black H’mong, Dzao and Thai people can make wonderful rice terrace on the mountains. The un touched lands we ride through today is “not yet” famous for tourists but we can say it’s more attractive than other well-known places. We will stay in a hotel in Mu Cang Chai town.
Day 3: Mu Cang Chai – Sapa: 170 km – Hotel
The ride today is up and up to the “roof of the Indochina”, besides riding on scenic tracks after Mu Cang Chai and crossing the large green tea plantation…in Than Uyen….we will cross one of the highest and most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam – O Qui Ho pass. The pass’s length is around 50 km crossing the Hoang Lien Mountain ranges where you can see the highest mountain in Indochina – Fanxipan. You can have full of breathtaking pictures from the height of around 2000 meters above the sea level. This day is sure another highlight of this Sapa Northwest Vietnam motorbike tour. We arrive at Sapa town at the beer O’clock
Day 4: Sapa – Thac Ba lake: 220 km – Homestay
After breakfast in hotel, we will continue the epic ride crossing the mountain pass with amazing view of ride terraces and the hill tribe villages. We can have chance to see China when we ride along the Chinese border after Lao Cai. In the afternoon we will enjoy a great ride on the small winding back roads through some rural villages located on the mountain and along the Thac Ba lake. The motorbike trip to Thac Ba lake today offers different view from the days before and we will see more lovely villages with beautiful rice fields between the palm tree hills. We will end the ride in the village of the Dzao people where we stay overnight, drop the bikes in the village and have a great boat trip around the beautiful lake of Thac Ba.
Day 5: Thac Ba lake – Hanoi: 180 km
After saying goodbye to the host, the local guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will take you back to Hanoi on our own roads which can keep you safe and away from busy traffic highway. Basing on your expectation, we can do some more fun offroad right after leaving the homestay, it will be interesting ride crossing green tea plantation or through some villages of the friendly Dzao people. We have no choice for the last 20 km in Hanoi but riding slowly with other local scooters/vehicles back to the hotel in city center. We will finish this great tour at about 4:00 pm in Hanoi.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike