These are the factors to help you determine when is the best time to visit Hanoi. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will help you define the weather in each month in Hanoi and what events will take place in which seasons. You could consider our advice at the end, which season you should choose to visit Hanoi by Ha Noi Motorbike Tour.
How is the weather in Hanoi?
Usually, the weather in Hanoi will be the coldest in the year and have less rain in January and the temperature starts to increase in February. However, drizzle and foggy start to show up this month, you should bring jackets and gloves during the trip.
Move to March and April, at this time in Hanoi, the weather becomes warmer and comfortable to start the journey, the temperature will fluctuate from 17-23°C and less rain in March, the rain starts to increase in April and the atmosphere will be in the middle of 22-27°C.
May is the seasonal change, although it goes from spring to summer, the weather in Hanoi is hot and the rains are also unpredictable. Summer will start in June, it will start to get hot and muggy, the sun will cause skin damage.
The heat reaches its climax in July, with high humidity. Tourists could drink ‘iced tea’ on the street and enjoy the Hanoi lifestyle in this season. In August, the weather in Hanoi is not too different from July, but it tends to decrease the heat a little bit with lots of rain.
The scorcher will soon pass in September, the rising of the flowers and the leaves start to fall down. The combination of the wind and comfortable air, travelling in this weather will show you the beauty of Hanoi. October is the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam, the temperature is very comfortable and the landscape has the colour of the leaves and smell of flower milk.
November and December are the last two months of the year, the cold will increase day by day but the atmosphere when locals prepare for the next year will heat up the weather in Hanoi.
When is the Optimal Time to Visit Hanoi, Vietnam?
As the information has given above, let’s find out where to go and what festival in each season, what to bring on the journey to have the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam.
How is the weather in Hanoi
The rainy season temperature is 25 – 35°C and it will start from May to September, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to rain all day. Normally, it’s going to rain in the evening or in the afternoon. Before it rains, you could travel anywhere you like and then chill in the cafes with the sounds of rain.
This kind of weather in Hanoi will make your journey become greater if you visit:
- Bat Trang ceramic village: Bat Trang Village is an ancient village, which is well-known for its tradition of making ceramic products. Tourists could make their own dishes, cups, spoons, etc at this village.
- Hoa Lo Prison: This place is known as ‘the Hanoi Hilton’, it was a jail for Vietnamese political prisoners during the Vietnam War.
- Hoan Kiem Lake: This famous lake located in the centre of Hanoi, you can witness the lifestyle of locals and enjoy the food and drinks around here.
- Turtle Tower: The Turtle Tower is a small tower located in the centre of Hoan Kiem lake, there are many places near this tower: Trang Tien ice-cream, Hanoi night market,…
November to March will be the dry season, the weather in Hanoi will be a little bit cold and windy, the temperature in the middle of 17-22°C. In this season, locals will prepare for the Lunar New Year, going shopping and decorating the street with their house will make the capital become more colourful.
This is the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam. You should go along the street to see the beauty of this season. You could also consider visiting:
- Long Bien flower plateau: Playing with the sheep nearby and taking many gorgeous pictures to memorise the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Hanoi Train Street: Drink ‘sau tea’ or egg coffee and enjoy the atmosphere here, you could also witness the rush of the locals putting the tables and chairs in whenever the train comes by.
Heat season will start from March to May, the temperature will be between 27°C – 30°C. At this season, you could witness many special events:
- Vietnam Reunification Day: April 30th is a national public holiday, all Vietnamese will celebrate this day by hanging the flag in front of their house, remembering that Vietnam is a peaceful country.
- International Labor Day: This holiday will happen on May 1, in order to honour and celebrate their effort.
Special events and Festival in Hanoi
- Co Loa Temple Festival: The festival takes place within 10 days (6th – 16th January) at An Duong Vuong Pagoda, Dong Anh, Hanoi. There are many folk games: tug of war, wrestling, rice blowing contest, swinging, watching ‘ca tru’ singing, fireworks,…
- Buddha’s Birthday: this event will be celebrated on 8th May. Many people will bring various Vietnamese dishes, flower garlands, and fruits to the temples and agoda. You could participate in many places such as One-Pillar Pagoda, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Ngoc Son Temple, Quan Thanh Temple.
- Reunification Day: This is a very important day to Vietnamese, it will be held from 30th April to 2nd May. There will be a magnificent parade in Hanoi.
- Vietnam Independence Day: Every year on 2nd September, Vietnamese celebrate the country’s independence in a grand way.
- Mid Autumn Festival: This will take place on 14th, 15th January. It is a very meaningful festival where people in the family from many places gather and have a meal together, moon cake is the symbol dish in this festival in Vietnam.
The best time to visit hanoi, Vietnam in the year
We suggest these seasons below are going to make your journey become the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam.
Spring – best weather in Hanoi, Vietnam
From February to April with an average temperature between 15°C – 25°C. The climate is quite erratic – cold in the morning and at night, but it is warmer at noon.
When you get to Hanoi in spring, you should visit the Spring Fairs – where you can purchase goods like clothes, cosmetics and food at affordable prices.
Autumn – the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam
This season lasts from early September to December, the temperature is between 18 – 25°C. In this weather in Hanoi, the romance covers the atmosphere, and the food is more diverse due to the season. You can also take many beautiful pictures in this weather.
Best Deal for Tourists
May – September are months that have low tourist rates so many hotels and tourist agents will offer a lot of deals from place to stay to tourist attractions tickets. You can get the best deals on Agoda, Booking.com, Klook, Traveloka,…
Hanoi is a great place, however there are still some seasons you have to consider to start your travel due to the temperature and the activity at the time has been chosen.
June to August is the time you shouldn’t consider because of the hot and humid weather in Hanoi. This time also has a lot of rainy days, it could cause floods and it would be hard to move around, this would make your journey become uncomfortable.
Tet holiday, or it could be called Lunar New Year, is an important holiday of the year. Locals will close their business and leave Hanoi silent and empty. There will be a few stores and services still working, but we suggest you should not visit Hanoi at this time.
The best motorcycle tours in Hanoi with Motorbike Tour Expert
We will help you have the best time not only in Hanoi, but everywhere in Vietnam when you join our motorbike tours Vietnam. These are reasons you should
The best tour guides
Our tour guides have the best experience to predict the weather and will find the best shelter not just to hide from the rain but to enjoy the moment when you are enjoying the best time to visit Hanoi, Vietnam.
Not only that, they will help you integrate into locals life and know more about the skills needed for the next trip. Our tour guides are also willing to discuss whenever you have the need to change the schedule of the journey.
We will double check the mechanics to ensure your safety on the road and provide the best quality travel’s accessories for any unexpected injury.
Get to know the locals and nature
When joining our tour, we will let you experience the customs and the cuisine of that province. Not only that, you will get a chance to live like a local, going to the market and cook with them.
This article has shared the best time to visit Hanoi. If you want to travel to Hanoi today, you can choose the Hanoi motorbike trips, to have amazing experiences in Hanoi.
Contact Info Vietnam Motorbike tour Expert:
- Head Office: 264 Nguyen Trai str, Hanoi
- Bike Shop: 290 Nguyen Trai str, Hanoi
- Tel/WhatsApp: +84.979884588
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Motorbiketourexpert/
Here is a compilation of information on the best time to visit Hanoi. If you are interested in booking a tour to explore Hanoi or have any inquiries, feel free to contact Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert using the provided contact information. They are experienced in organizing tours around Hanoi and can assist you in planning a memorable travel experience.