Exploring the North has become popular nowadays for Vietnamese and even foreigners, as riders can enjoy the cool air and mist of Northern provinces, especially Mai Chau Valley. Riding here by motorbike, you will enjoy the feeling of being lost in a fairy tale world. Check out the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours to suit your desires!
Mai Chau Overview
Mai Chau is a famous tourist destination in Hoa Binh province. This place is about 130 km from Hanoi’s capital, it takes just a few hours to travel by motorbike from Hanoi on the main road. It is home to the White Thai ethnic group, who live in traditional stilt houses and have a cultural richness.
In addition, Mai Chau Valley is also famous for its beautiful caves, such as Mo Luong Cave and Chieu Cave. It is a great place to relax and escape from the hustle city where you can enjoy the scenic views of rice fields, mountains, and waterfalls, as well as experience the local lifestyle, cuisine, and handicrafts.
When is the best time to come to Mai Chau?
Mai Chau is a famous tourist destination with its vast fields, majestic mountains, and the friendliness of the local people. People come to Mai Chau to relax and admire the majestic scenery. It will be a unique experience when you can experience special dishes that are not found anywhere else. Let’s refer to the best time to come to Mai Chau for the best experience!
Rainy season (from May to Oct)
As a highland district, Mai Chau is a valley surrounded by massive limestone ranges, so the weather in Mai Chau is cool all year round. However, from May to October, it rains a lot so the landscape in Mai Chau will change markedly.
Check out the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Motorbike Tours
- From April to May: This time in Mai Chau, the air is cool and this is also the time that Ban flowers bloom. Ethnic festivals also take place in a variety of ways, so this is the ideal time for you to have the best experience.
- From June to August: This is the season to prepare for transplanting for next year’s crop. August onwards is the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours as you can enjoy the cool weather and sometimes the sunshine pouring its honey color on the rice fields.
- From August to November: The period from August to November is the time when the rice is ripe and ready for harvest. This is also the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours if you want to enjoy the golden rice fields, coming to Lai Chau at this time you will be lost in the fairy world and have a chance to take beautiful photos. However, in November, the landslide may happen so you need to consider and prepare for a better experience.
Dry season (from November to April)
The time from November to April in Mai Chau is the dry season, this time is the season of apricot flowers, and plum flowers blooming in the valley. But in February, there is a little spring rain which makes this place become more exquisite.
- From mid-January to February: This is the transition period from winter to spring, one of the most beautiful times in Mai Chau with Peach and Ban flowers in full bloom.
- From March to April: The weather in Mai Chau is very pleasant, the average temperature is from 18-25 degrees, cool. At this time, Mai Chau is in the flower season, and the flowers bloom white all over the field. Riding along the way at this time makes you feel lost in the fairy scene.
What are the obstacles to joining Mai Chau Tours in the rainy season?
In the rainy season in Mai Chau, the rainwater creates pools of water where mosquitoes and other insects can breed and proliferate. Moreover, the humidity and damp air can make your clothes take longer to dry.
At that time, the roads will also be muddy and hard to ride, if you are good at riding skills and love to have challenges, this is a good time for you to explore Mai Chau by motorbike. Besides, the rainy season cools down the temperature, so it is suitable for exploring Mai Chau Valley by motorbike.
If you are not good at driving and do not know the routes clearly, you should choose to go on a tour instead of going on your own. Joining the Northern Vietnam Motorcycle Tours for the safest and best-experienced trip in Vietnam.
The time you should join Mai Chau Valley Tours
It is difficult to say which season is the most beautiful one in Mai Chau because each season brings a distinct beauty. However, the period from September to November is probably the most beautiful season to travel to Mai Chau because this is the time when the rice is fully ripe and it makes a golden color all over the valley, mixed with the light smell of rice in the air, creating a feeling that riders hardly forget.
May to August is considered not the most beautiful season in Mai Chau, but this is the most peaceful one in Mai Chau. You can have a walk through the green fields, enjoy the fragrance of rice seeds, or take a bath in a cool stream in the village.
Best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours to enjoy most festivals
If you want to experience Mai Chau and participate in traditional festivals, you can come to Mai Chau at the following times:
Xen Ban Festivals
- Time: The festival is held around September
- Location: The Xen Ban ceremony is held in Muong village and the Xen Muong ceremony is held at the shrine of Muong village.
Xen Ban and Xen Muong festivals take place with the purpose of expressing gratitude to heaven and earth, praying for favorable weather, good crops, and people living a peaceful and happy life. The festival begins with the festival part by exciting, bustling, and joyful activities. The first part of the festival is mainly about singing and dancing, beating drums and gongs, and in the second session, there is a shooting contest and a crossbow. In addition, on the days of the festival, there are many traditional folk games of the Thai people such as Keng Loong, drumming gongs, playing chess, etc.
Gong Festival of the Muong ethnic group
- Time: On Spring days, New Year’s Day, around February
- Location: Held in Muong village, Mai Chau
The Gong Festival takes place with the purpose of wishing Tet or congratulating families with prosperous business and peace and happiness. This is a big festival in Mai Chau of the Muong ethnic group, the festival is also known as Xec Bua festival.
The Gong Festival of the Muong ethnic group in Mai Chau presents a unique culture, expressing joyful, innocent emotions and living customs of the locals here.
Unforgettable experience of Mai Chau Valley Tours with Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert
To have a great trip, you need to choose the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours and choose a reputable Vietnam motorbike tours provider. Mai Chau Valley is one of the highlights of the Northern Vietnam Motorbike – a tour from Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert. Join us on a trip to Mai Chau with our beloved skilled and knowledgeable Tour Guides, who accompany you for the entire trip. Our trip schedule is flexible and changeable depending on your needs. Contact us to have the best Mai Chau Valley trip ever!
To have the best time to join Mai Chau Valley Tours, you need to consider based on your own needs. If you are about to come to Mai Chau Valley, please contact us to receive dedicated advice for your Vietnam trip.