Mai Chau is one of the most beautiful destination in North Vietnam Motorbike Tour where you can see and have chance to live with the friendly hill tribe who are kind-heated, smiling and very good cooks. This 2 day Mai Chau motorbike tour is the great way we can show you all the hidden charm of Mai Chau valley. Besides, the way from Hanoi to Mai Chau is very enjoyable and scenic for motorcycle touring. This Mai Chau motorbike tour from Hanoi is short but we will do our best to show you as much of Vietnam as possible besides Mai Chau, we can show you some parts of Moc Chau, Thanh Hoa and Hoa Binh…so we’d like to say this is one of our best short Vietnam motorcycle tours.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180km
Thisshort motorbike tour from Hanoi to Mai Chau will be started by leaving from outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 . Avoiding the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country road. We can have an easy offroad motorbike tour crossing rice fields before heading up and up to Mai Chau , an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. After lunch, we will motorcycle on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain . We will ride on the Thung Khe, one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then heading down to the beautiful valley of Mai Chau.
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 2: Mai Chau valley – Hanoi: 170km
Enjoy a hot café and breakfast between the green rice paddies and mountains. Then we can take a short walk around villages of The Thai people to feel and smell the peace of countryside, enjoying the green rice fields surrounded by mountains. The Thai women are masterful weavers who can make plenty of traditional-style clothing. You will see women weaving on looms under or inside their houses in the village We can buy some handmade traditional-style clothing, knife or cross-bow.
At about 9.AM, say good bye to the friendly Thai and then start again this Mai Chau motorbike tour, we will take a ride along the beautiful valley of Mai Chau to see any corners of this valley and discover all the hidden charm of it. The we will do our best to take another road to ride back to Hanoi. We may ride on the same parts of the Day 1 but will try to show you as much of Vietnam as possible. We will end this short and great Mai Chau motorbike tour at our shop in Hanoi before rush hours. Get off the bikes and gears then the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will arrange the bus/taxi to take you back to your hotel in city center.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike