Mai Chau is one of the most beautiful valley in North Vietnam where you can see and have chance to live with the friendly hill tribe who are kind-heated, smiling and very good cooks. This 2 day Mai Chau motorbike tour is the great way we can show you all the hidden charm of Mai Chau valley. Besides, the way from Hanoi to Mai Chau is very enjoyable and scenic for motorcycle touring. This Mai Chau motorbike tour from Hanoi is short but we will do our best to show you as much of Vietnam as possible besides Mai Chau, we can show you some parts of Moc Chau, Thanh Hoa and Hoa Binh…so we’d like to say this is one of our best short motorcycle tours in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau: 180km
This short Vietnam motorbike tour to Mai Chau will be started by leaving from outskirts of Hanoi at around 8 . Avoiding the busy traffic by taking some narrow and small country road. We can have an easy offroad motorbike tour crossing rice fields before heading up and up to Mai Chau , an area of beautiful landscape and home to the Thai ethnic minority. After lunch, we will motorcycle on forgotten French road No 6, passing extensive farming lands comprising a sea of paddy fields split by tree-lined roads punctuated by limestone karst scenery. Here is known as Ha long bay on mountain . We will ride on the Thung Khe, one of the most beautiful mountain passes in North Vietnam then heading down to the beautiful valley of Mai Chau.
Diner and overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Enjoy a hot café and breakfast between the green rice paddies and mountains. Then we can take a short walk around villages of The Thai people to feel and smell the peace of countryside, enjoying the green rice fields surrounded by mountains. The Thai women are masterful weavers who can make plenty of traditional-style clothing. You will see women weaving on looms under or inside their houses in the village We can buy some handmade traditional-style clothing, knife or cross-bow.
At about 9.AM, say good bye to the friendly Thai and then start again this Mai Chau motorbike tour, we will take a ride along the beautiful valley of Mai Chau to see any corners of this valley and discover all the hidden charm of it. The we will do our best to take another road to ride back to Hanoi. We may ride on the same parts of the Day 1 but will try to show you as much of Vietnam as possible. We will end this short and great Mai Chau motorbike tour at our shop in Hanoi before rush hours. Get off the bikes and gears then the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert will arrange the bus/taxi to take you back to your hotel in city center.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”