If you don’t have a week for motorcycle touring in Vietnam but you really wanna do a great motorcycle tour in Vietnam including all the bikers’ needs: getting far away from hustle and bustle, offroad motorbike ride or being off the beaten track…? This short motorcycle tour Northern Vietnam from Hanoi can meet fully your wants and needs! The tour starts and ends in Hanoi so there’s no better way we have to ride some first kilometers in busy traffic to get out of the city. So this ride is not very easy for the novice.
Day 1: Hanoi – Duong Lam Ancient village – Phu Yen: 165 Km
Start the motorcycle tour northern Vietnam from your hotel at around 8:30AM, Ride motorbike up to the north of Hanoi on the red river dyke road, passing the some rice paddies then get to Son Tay town( 40 km from city center of Hanoi) where we stop to visit the peaceful ancient village of Duong Lam before keep riding up north to the mountain area of Yen Bai and Son la province. The motorbike ride become more and more relaxed and enjoyable in the afternoon when we get higher and higher on the mountain where traffic is almost empty and the scenery is amazing.
Arrive hotel in Phu Yen around 4:00 PM, Check in the hotel then back to the bike again and have short motorbike tour to the nearby villages on the back-roads through the peaceful rice fields (optional)
Day 2: Phu Yen – Yen Bai – Thac Ba lake: 160 Km
After the traditional breakfast – Pho (or rice noodle soup) then keep motorbike touring in north Vietnam up and up hill, crossing some mountain passes, lunch is in Yen Bai town, after lunch take a short motorbike ride to the Dzao’s village of Vu Linh where we do home stay, leave the bikes with the family and have boat trip around Thac Ba lake – the largest man-made one in Vietnam.
Thac Ba Lake covers total area of around 23.400 ha with more tan 1000 islands, It’s know as Halong bay on mountain and the boat trip around the lake is for sure the highlight of this short motorbike tour in northern Vietnam.
Day 3: Thac Ba – Hanoi: 180 Km
There are 2 great roads to ride back to Hanoi from Thac Ba Lake:
Option 1: Short Motorbike Ride back to Hanoi: 180 Km.
Ride motorbike southeast to Tuyen Quang province cross some green tea fields, then join the highway going down to Hanoi. Get back to the Red rever dike to ride back to city center Hanoi. Arrive at 4:00 PM.
Option 2: Offroad Vietnam Motorbike Tour to Hanoi: 190 Km
As a Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert we will take you on longer and much more rugged roads down to Doan Hung town. It’s about 80 km in length but offers you 80% offroad ride, It is short but could be unforgettable offroad motorbike ride in Vietnam. Then from Doan Hung town we keep riding on the backroads along the river dike down to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi and finish short Northern Vietnam motorbike tour at around 5:00 PM.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”