Trang An eco-tourism in Ninh Binh province has been recognized by UNESCO as a world cultural and natural heritage since 2014. In addition to Trang An, Ninh Binh also has other remarkable tangible and intangible heritages. Therefore, a variety of tourists visit here every year. Then when is the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours to get the most experiences? Let’s find out with Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert in the blog below.
Ninh Binh weather overview
Ninh Binh province – a famous destination in our North Vietnam Motorcycle Tours – is located in the Southernmost Northern Delta. It is also located in the tropical monsoon region, so the weather is divided into 4 distinct seasons.
The average annual temperature in Ninh Binh is 23.5 °C, with the difference in a year not too large. The hot season in Ninh Binh lasts about 4.4 months, from May to September, of which July is the hottest month. The average daily temperature is above 30°C. The cool season lasts for 3 months, from December to March with January having the lowest temperature. The average high temperature is about 22°C.
The best time to join Ninh Binh Motorbike Tours that tourists recommend is from November to April. This period has the most pleasant weather of the year as well as coincides with the time of major festivals in Ninh Binh. However, if you love the experience, try coming to Ninh Binh in the 4 seasons to feel the difference. Each season, this location brings its attractive appearance.
How are Ninh Binh Tours affected by the weather?
Unlike many other destinations, the weather does not affect you too much during your Vietnam motorcycle tours. However, for the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours, you need to prepare different carry-on items. Winter weather is quite cold, so you have to bring extra warm clothes. Conversely, during the sweltering summer months, you must carry water and sunscreen. Ninh Binh has terrain from hills to plains, so you can flexibly choose your destination depending on the weather. However, sometimes during the year, there will be some big and small storms that can affect your experience. We will advise further if you plan to travel this time.
What is the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours?
You can travel to Ninh Binh at any time of the year. The 4 seasons correspond to 3 consecutive lunar months in the year, from spring (January to March) to winter (October to December). Each season will have different beauties and activities.
In spring, the weather is relatively pleasant. You will feel a little chilly in the early morning with a misty mist. In addition, it does not rain much, so it is very suitable for sightseeing. The poetic, quiet scene is a favorite time for those who like lightness. Especially, in the spring, Ninh Binh organizes many big festivals such as the Bai Dinh Pagoda Festival, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Festival, etc. The warm climate and many traditional activities attract many tourists visiting Ninh Binh during this time.
April and May are the changing moments of the season, so the weather is relatively comfortable. The weather is not cold anymore, but it is not too hot either. At this time, there are fewer tourists, which means you can freely take virtual photos. In May and June, lotus flowers begin to bloom and the rice is ripe. You can fully enjoy the scenery of rice fields surrounded by lotus ponds when standing on Mua Cave. However, in June, the temperature is higher, so make sure to bring enough hats so that your trip will not be interrupted.
When the lotus flower fades and the water lily blooms, it is also the signal that autumn is coming. The sky is now clear blue and sweltering heat nearly disappears. The rays of sunlight crept through the white clouds creating a very poetic scene. Many people think that autumn is the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours. Having the opportunity to visit at this time, you must take a boat on the Sao Khe River and explore the magical cave complex. You will be impressed by the watercolor painting of nature. The clear water stream and uniquely shaped limestone leave you with an unforgettable memory.
In winter, the scenery and the weather seem to be given a whole new look. Winter becomes colder and drier, and rainfall also decreases sharply. Therefore, this is the right time to fully explore the entire cave in Trang An scenic complex. In addition, you will also be conquered by the field of blooming reeds, white in the whole area from Trang An to Bai Dinh pagoda. However, there are days when the temperature drops very low, so you should bring warm clothes or other heat preservation.
Why using a motorbike is the first choice to explore Ninh Binh?
Ninh Binh province is located in a relatively convenient location. It is near 3 airports and right on National Highway 1A. So, you have a lot of options to move here from anywhere. However, many tourists, especially those who are passionate about experiences, choose motorbikes for their trip. First of all, it’s convenient. The famous tourist attractions in Ninh Binh are relatively far apart, so if you want to visit all of them, you will need to ride a motorbike or car. Unfortunately, not every location has an available car park. Therefore, sometimes you will have to walk long distances to reach the intended destination. There are even roads that you can’t get close to by car.
Next comes the experience. The feeling of driving a motorbike and enjoying the cool air is very different from when you sit in other vehicles and view the scenery outside. Ninh Binh is considered “Ha Long Bay on land”, so it’s a pity that you can’t see its full beauty. Besides, at the best time to join Ninh Binh Motorcycle Tours, you can stop by any restaurant to try specialty dishes.
Finally, there is flexibility. Although you may have carefully planned your schedule, it is still difficult to avoid unexpected situations. Rainstorms or locations that are closed for repair are something that you can’t anticipate. For such a situation, in Hanoi Motorbike Tours going from Hanoi to Ninh Binh, we will suggest alternative attractions. You can then immediately switch to a new point, depending on your preference.
Best time to join Ninh Binh Tours when enjoying most festivals
Ninh Binh used to be the capital of Vietnam, so there are many festivals held to celebrate, even on a national scale. If you want to participate in as many festivals as possible, you should travel from January to March of the lunar calendar.
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Festival (February 15 or from March 6 to March 10 of the lunar calendar): held in Hoa Lu Ancient Capital cultural relic area. This is the biggest festival of the year held in the province. It aims to commemorate the nation-building of King Dinh Tien Hoang and King Le Dai Hanh. The festival includes many activities such as sports competitions, folk games, and other rituals. Many visitors consider this as the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours because the weather is favorable and they can participate in big festivals.
- Bai Dinh Pagoda Festival (January 6 to the end of March of the lunar calendar): held at Bai Dinh Pagoda. The large ceremony should attract a large number of visitors. The purpose of the festival is to commemorate the merits of the heroes. In addition to the ritual of burning incense and worshiping, the festival also features folk games or the art of singing Cheo, Xam, and Ca Tru.
- La Temple Festival (January 13-15 of the lunar calendar): is held in La Phu village, Yen Mo district. This is a long-standing festival, commemorating the two kings of the post-Tran dynasty. During the festival, there is a procession going around La temple and offering incense. Moreover, you can admire and enjoy a unique sticky rice cooking contest.
- Dich Long Pagoda Festival (March 6-7 of the lunar calendar): held in Gia Thanh commune, Gia Vien. Dich Long Pagoda is mentioned as a special mark of temples and spirituality. The festival held at the temple is one of the oldest festivals in Ninh Binh. Besides the traditional ritual, there are also games such as lion dance, dragon dance, chess, and writing Han script contests,…
What is the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours if you want to explore nature’s beauty?
At any time of the year, you can admire the diverse scenery. However, many motorcycle enthusiasts think that February and May is the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours when they can fully admire the natural scenery.
- In February: the weather is still pleasant. The air is cool, and the rays of the spring sun are warm, so it doesn’t feel as sultry as summer. You just need to bring a light jacket in case the early mornings and colder nights. Plus, it’s for climbing mountains. It rains less, so you can sit on a boat and visit the cave system in Trang An or Thung Nham. Another point for February is that you can get into many different festivals.
- In May: the weather is warmer but not in the peak heat period. You just need to bring good sweat-wicking clothes and sunscreen to prepare for your trip. This time is the breeding season of butterflies. Therefore this is the best time for you to visit the Cuc Phuong forest. You will see swarms of butterflies fluttering in a variety of trees.
Having a memorable Ninh Binh trip with Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert
Ninh Binh is a memorable tourist destination for many people. When you come to this place, you can not only admire the incredible natural scenery, and eat specialties but also feel the friendliness of local people. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert offers diverse and flexible tours according to your needs. Along with the tour to Ninh Binh, you can also join nearby tours like Mai Chau Valley Motorbike Tours, which makes you feel one with nature. Our motorbikes are regularly maintained and ready to serve you wherever you go. Our guides will be your reliable companions throughout your journey. Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert always tries to bring an impressive experience at the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours.
Above is information about the best time to join Ninh Binh Tours. The natural scenery and rich cuisine will not make you regret when traveling here.