This 9 day motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail is one of the best in our collection of motorbike tours Vietnam . The ride start from northern mountain of Vietnam where you can see the colorful culture of the country by riding through beautiful villages of the hill tribes, riding on the historical trail where there are plenty of vestiges and moved stories about Vietnam war and then ends in the central of Vietnam in which long, sunny and sandy beaches are waiting for only you.
Day 1: Hanoi – Phu Yen. 165 km – 6 h
The Hanoi motorcycle tour to Phu Yen starts at 9AM. We will try to ride on the
dirt country road to avoid busy traffic in Hanoi. We will be at Son Tay town after one our riding, stop for a while to enjoy tasty local café and then keep motorcycling up to the north. After lunch, ride on the winding mountain road to northwest of Vietnam – Son La to get some of the best mountain views on Lung Lo Pass, And then heading down to Phu Yen – a small town between mountains and green rice field where we stay overnight.
Stay in a hotel.
This motorcycle tour to Mai Chau is the highlight of the trip. With many small roads that lead into the mountains around Mai Chau, so we’ll take the chances to take the most beautiful picture of Vietnam mountains and to see and learn more about culture of H’mong, Dao and Thai people. We will take on the challenge of an old road built by the French army. This great Vietnam motorbike tour to Mai Chau will finish at about 4 PM in village of the Thai people and then we will spend the rest of the day for exploring nearby villages.
Overnight in a Thai ethnicity stilt house in Mai Chau.
Day 3: Mai Chau – Tan Ky 290 km – 8 h
After enjoying breakfast in the peaceful village of Mai Chau, we keep riding on a small, spectacular and paved trail along the Ma river until Cam Thuy town where we stop for lunch. After lunch, we will start the enjoyable motorbike tour Ho Chi Minh trail, just enjoy the easy riding on the legendary Ho Chi Minh trail and then stay all the way to Tan Ky town where we spend the night in a hotel.
Ride on Ho Chi Minh Highway until Pho Chau where we stop to visit the Ho Chi Minh Trail victory monument which is in fact the real starting point of our Ho Chi Minh road .
Ride all the way to Phong Nha – Ke Bang, the biggest and also the most beautiful cave in Vietnam and Indochina and is now a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site. The karst formation of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park has evolved since the Paleozoic (some 400 million years ago) and so is the oldest major karst area in Asia. Subject to massive tectonic changes, the park’s karst landscape is extremely complex with many geographic features of considerable significance. The vast area, extending to the border of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, contains spectacular formations including 65 km of caves and underground rivers.
Day 5: Phong Nha – Dong Hoi. 60 km – 2 h
Spend the morning for Boating and exploring the World Heritage site of Phong Nha where local civilians and military sheltered from American bombing during wartime. After lunch we motorcycle down to the coastal town of Dong Hoi, which was heavily shelled by US warships during the war. At a hotel over looking the beach, we can take in some sunbathing by the beach. Overnight in Dong Hoi.
Day 6: Dong Hoi – Khe Sanh. 200 km – 6 h
Heading down to the south to get closer to the 17 parallel – the former border between North and south of Vietnam where were once sprayed heavily by Agent Orange towards the former DMZ. There is still much evidence of bombing on the mountain sides and from time to time we will see remnants of the original Trail. We take in the Vinh Moc tunnel, the famous Hien Luong Bridge (former demarcation line between North and South Vietnam, the Truong Son Cemetery and finally Khe Sanh (former US Marine base). Overnight in Khe Sanh.
Day 7: Khe Sanh – Hue. 180 km -6 h
keep motorcycling to the south over the Da Krong Bridge (built by the Cubans in 1973) into the infamous A Shau valley, an area of intense wartime activity. Passing Hamburger Hill and mountains still barren due to the extended effects of Agent Orange, we arrive at A Luoi, where there are many Bru Van Kieu hill tribe people. Then, cruising through green back country down the steep Me Oi Pass, we continue on to the beautiful city of Hue which lies along the banks of the Perfume River. Overnight in Hotel in Hue.
Day 8: Hue – Hoi An . 145 – km 5 h
After breakfast, we have chance to discover the famous citadel of Hue and some other attractions. After lunch, we will Join the National Highway 1 and head up the Hai Van Pass (Cloudy Pass) before the World Heritage site of Hoi An, a major trading centre in SE Asia in the 16th and 17th centuries. Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 9: Hoi An for fresh body up or relax
Enjoy a free day to explore Hoi An by foot. With fine wining and dining (including a range of Hoi An specialties), impressive architecture, fantastic tailoring, endless shopping, and a glorious beach, there is no shortage of activities to indulge in. After lunch, we will say goodbye and our guide flies back to Hanoi from Danang.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”