Motorbike Tour on Ho Chi Minh Trail from Hoi An – 7 Days
Unlike the other Vietnam motorbike tours from Hanoi, this 7 day motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail will be starting from Hoi An and riding up to north Vietnam and end in Hanoi. The motorbike ride becomes more and more interesting day after day. The tour covers the most interesting parts of the Ho Chi Minh trail and DMZ with plenty of visits to historical sites to learn more about the history of Vietnam; Beside it also covers some small parts in Northern Vietnam where we can see some hill tribes to learn about the local Vietnamese culture and we can do some fun offroad motorbike tours. This motorbike tour Ho Chi Minh trail is also a good choice for both onroad and offroad bikers and suitable for people who are interested in history and culture of Vietnam.
Day 1 : Hoi An Motorbike Tour to Hue – 160 KM.
We will start this amazing motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail with an enjoyable motorbike ride on smooth roads to Hue. It’s not for the fan of offroad bikers but it’s really interesting and fun. In the morning we will have one of the best motorbike tours in Vietnam on coastlines in central Vietnam, we will ride easily up to Da Nang on the coastal road. Then we will go up on the famous Hai Van Pass – the pass offers us plenty of chances for photos. Lunch is after the pass. After lunch, We will have enjoyable motorbike tour inside the countryside of Vietnam, we will motorcycle all the way to Hue on the small countryside roads to see markets, rice fields and plenty of colorful tombs.
We will be in Hue at 4 PM. Hotel stay.
Day 2 : Discover The Charm of Hue City.
This is the only noon riding day of this Vietnam motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail but it’s really great day with a lots of interesting visits to famous sites in the city. We will have full day to see around ancient capital of Hue walk around the city and enjoy local street food or We can choose to ride motorbike or take a taxi to visit some famous attractions such as Minh Mang imperial tomb, forbidden city, Thien Mu pagoda…
Overnight in Hue.
Day 3 : Hue Motorcycle Tour to Vinh Moc Tunnel – Khe Sanh – 170 Km.
Today we get ready and really start the motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh Trail. After Hue city we will head up to the DMZ to see some famous historical relics and learn more about the Vietnam war. Especially, visiting the Vinh Moc tunnel complex extremely gives you special feeling about life, war and peace. After that we take a motorbike ride to the west to Khe Sanh, before getting to the hotel we will have a visit Khe Sanh Military Base to understand how horrible the war was. Visiting the DMZ is always a great choice for the one who wanna study about the Vietnam war and history so this motorbike tour today is really the best day of this motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail Vietnam.
Hotel stay in Khe Sanh town.
Vinh Moc (Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam. During the Vietnam War it was strategically located on the border of North Vietnam and South Vietnam. The tunnels were built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh county of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone. The American forces believed the villagers of Vinh Moc were supplying food and armaments to the North Vietnemese garrison on the island of Con Co which was in turn hindering the American bombers on their way to bomb Hanoi. The idea was to force the villagers of Vinh Moc to leave the area but as is typical in Vietnam there was nowhere else to go. The villagers initially dug the tunnels to move their village 10 metres underground but the American forces designed bombs that burrowed down 10 metres. Eventually against these odds, the villagers moved the village to a depth of 30 metres. It was constructed in several stages beginning in 1966 and used until early 1972. The complex grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare. Around 60 families lived in the tunnels; as many as 17 children were born inside the tunnels.….
Day 4 : Khe Sanh – Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park– 220 km.
Today is the highlight of this motorcycle tour. We surely will have the best motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail. As an Expert for Vietnam motorbike tours, we chose to ride motorbike on the western Ho Chi Minh trail, with 220 km in length the motorbike ride today offers you amazing views of the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park especially there are just few other traffics on the trail. Arrive in Phong Nha at 4.30 Pm. If the weather permits, we will take a 2 hour boat trip to the some beautiful caves of Phong Nha.
Overnight in Phong Nha – Hotel stay.
Day 5: Phong Nha – Tan Ky – 270 km.
The morning motorbike ride is up to the north of the Phong Nha – Ke Bang national park, The motorcycle ride on Ho Chi Minh trail today keep offering a great view of the limestone mountain and the beautiful villages of the hill tribes. After lunch, we will have smooth motorbike ride straight to Tan Ky – Nghe An province.
Overnight in Tan Ky town – Hotel stay.
Day 6: Tan Ky – Mai Chau – 240 Km
After breakfast, keep enjoying motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail until Ngoc Lac town where we stop for lunch. Then we will take a turn to the western mountainous area of Vietnam. From here we will have great Vietnam motorbike tour on the mountain passes and enjoy the differently beautiful view from the days before. We ill be in Mai Chau valley at 5 PM.
Overnight in Mai Chau – home stay with the Thai people.
Day 7: Mai Chau Motorbike Tour to Hanoi. 170 KM.
Before having a motorbike ride to Hanoi, we take a short walk around the valley to visit some villages of the Thai people to learn more about Vietnamese culture and enjoy the peace of the green valley Mai Chau. We will start the tour back to Hanoi at 9 AM, We can start the day with an easy offroad motorbike tour around the Mai Chau valley and surroundings this is short but great fun with nice view of countryside and mountain, after have an enjoyable motorbike ride on mountains of north Vietnam, we will have lunch in Hoa Binh town. Then hit the road back to Hanoi, finish the 7 day Vietnam motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail safely before rush hours. Saying good bye to the local team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and enjoy your time in Hanoi!
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
- Airport pick up/drop off, Support vehicle or Air tickets are not included but they can be arranged depending on your request with the extra cost
- The extra cost to upgrade to Honda CRF250L is $40 USD/Bike/Day.
- The extra cost for the backup vehicle + driver is $150 USD/Day.
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Loop Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be different depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price of tours.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Video of the trip made by updated GoPro
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
“We guarantee to deliver the best balance between cost and quality of tours”