This 3 great day motorbike touring Northwest Vietnam is one of our best short motorbike tours in Vietnam from Hanoi. We design this tour for people who don’t have much time in Vietnam but still want to see the real Vietnam with local hill tribes, scenic mountain passes, rural villages…. The tour is a good combination of light adventure and the hidden Vietnamese culture discovery. You will see another authentic Vietnam in the remote area in Northwest Vietnam. We will take you there and smooth backroads, offroad tracks, single tracks with scenic view and some city roads with local traffic as well.
Day 1: Hanoi Motorbike Tour to Phu Yen: 160 km (Hotel)
Start this special Hanoi motorcycle tour to northern Vietnam with a fun ride to Phu Yen. At around 9:00 am, We will start the ride from our shop in the western outskirt of Hanoi, strive to be on a quiet and small road as long as possible to get away from busy traffic. After just a short time riding, we will be right in mountain area then we can enjoy the ride better with fun countryside back roads and off road between green rice and tea fields. Lunch is in little town of Thu Cuc after passing small corner of Ba Vi National Park. In the afternoon, we will ride up and up to North Vietnam, the ride is more enjoyable on scenic passes and we can have some fun off-road Vietnam motorbike touring through some villages around Phu Yen valley.
We arrive Phu Yen town at about 4.30 PM. Get the room and enjoy a short walk around peaceful town and enjoy some cold beer on the street.
Stay overnight in Hotel – Phu Yen.
Day 2: Phu Yen – Mai Chau valley: 170 km (Homestay)
After breakfast in the hotel at 8:00 am, we will continue this great motorbike touring north Vietnam with another short and enjoyable motorbike tour in North Vietnam to Mai Chau valley. Right after the town, we will motorcycle along the Da river on the winding road until the Da River Pier. Put all the bikes on the ferry and start the great ride in another side of the river. We will go all the way up from 300 meters to 1000 meters above sea level. This northern Vietnam motorbike tour offers you plenty of breathtaking mountain views. We will stop in Moc Chau plateau for lunch. After that we will enjoy a great Vietnam motorbike tour on the forgotten French road built in the 1920s. the road shows us plenty of picturesque views and offers us a lot of chance to visit the colorful and happy ethnic people.
We will get to Mai Chau at about 4 PM, and spend the rest time of the day to walk around the villages of the white Thai people who live in the houses on stilts, or walk on the rice field to see the life of the local and learn how to plant or harvest the rice.
Stay overnight in Mai Chau – Home stay.
Day 3: Motorbike tour back to Hanoi.
There are many ways to ride back to Hanoi from Mai Chau. As an Expert for Vietnam Motorbike Tour, we suggest you to take 2 different roads below:
Option 1: Motorbike tour on the old French road along the Da river- 190 km.
We will go back to the road No 6 and take a turn to small and less traveled French road that leads us going along the Black river lake. The view here is like in Ha long bay. This is a good motorbike tour back to Hanoi that we strongly recommend.
Option 2: Motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail back to Hanoi – 240 km.
Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert suggests you to take the option 2 if you are experienced motorbike riders. There are more interests on this road, especially you will have chance to have great motorbike tour on Ho Chi Minh trail. However, it is longer and busier road. We will count the time to be in Hanoi before rush hours and finish the short but best motorbike touring north Vietnam safely.
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike