Why this 10 day motorbike ride Northwest Vietnam is special? As you know Northwest Vietnam is a “must see ” destination for who travel to Vietnam especially for the motorcycle riders, North Vietnam beside the rich culture with a lots of colourful hill tribes, it has also plenty of places with amazing view of nature. This special 10 day Northwest Vietnam Motorcycle Tour is a great choice to discover the real beauty of North Vietnam. The ride is a great mixture of on and off-road riding and it could be flexible to meet all motorcycle riders who has less off-road riding skill.
Day 1: Hanoi – Pu Luong ( 180 km – L, D)
Our guide will pick you up at your hotel around 8:00 a.m and take you to our office, get to know about the itinerary, gear on and leaving Hanoi after rush hour.
We will be on the back roads soon after 30 km on the main road. Some small off roads before we stop for lunch on the way. Striking northwest, passing endless limestone mountains kart before we arrive in a lovely Thai village deep inside Pu Luong nature reserve. Stay overnight in a house on stilts.
Day 2: Pu Luong – Phu Yen (180 km – B, L, D)
Leaving the village after saying goodbye to our host, we are heading to a beautiful highland called Moc Chau (on roads or off roads o your request). Lunch on the way before we are on a windy quite national road N043. Crossing Da river by ferry or small boat and 40 km on a breathtaking windy road along the river to our hotel.
Day 3: Phu Yen – Dinosaur Spike – Muong La (160 km – B, L, D)
Today is one of the highlights of this special motorcycle tour with 80% back roads and off roads, a little bit challenging on the single track leading to Dinosaur Spike, however, if you don’ really like this single track, you can skip it and take another easy choice. We will coninue the day an easier ride to a beautiful homestay in Muong La.
Day 4: Muong La – Dien Bien (190 km – B, L, D)
Keep heading up to Northwest Vietnam – Dien Bien Phu a famous destination with full of stories about the terrible war in Vietnam, the road crosses a series of mountain passes and areas of busy Black Thai activity. Children walk to school, kids tend buffaloes, women plant rice seedlings and men pull the buffalo. Then we come to the beginning of the very long and steep Pha Din pass where at the top we have vast views of the surrounding mountains. Finally, ride down the other side on very steep sealed road to arrive in Tuan Giao, then to a quite big city named Dien Bien. Overnight in Dien Bien.
Day 5: Dien Bien – Sin Ho (170 km – B, L, D)
This day is another highlight of this 10 day motorbike tour Northwest Vietnam, beside the imposing view of nature, we can see many colorful Hmong and Thai people, whose small villages settle on the banks of dark green rivers and on the steep slopes of the mountains. Then, after lunch, by a forest stream, the road begins to climb up the high Sa Tong pass. At the top for sunset before arriving at our hotel.
Day 6: Sin Ho – Sapa (160 km – B, L, D)
Today is one of the best days on this motorcycle tour Northwest Vietnam. We will head up to Fansipan Mountain range on one of the most beautiful passes in North Vietnam O Qui Ho pass. Before heading up the this mazing pass, we can have enjoyable motorbike ride on scenic back routes that takes us through many rustic village of the hill tribes.We must have many stops for pictures today especially on the top of the high O qui Ho pass at around 2000 m above the sea level before we ride down hill to Sa Pa valley. Overnight at a homestay in Sapa.
Day 7: Easy day around Sapa (B,L,D)
After 6 day motorbike riding, we can choose to have a non-riding day to just walk around Sapa, enjoying the atmosphere in colourful town of Sapa or we can have an easy ride to some nice villages of the H’mong or Zay people nearby the town.
We can also take a cable car trip to the top of the Fasipan mountain to enjoy an imposing view of nature from the top of the highest mountain in Indochina.
Day 8: Sapa – Lam Thuong valley (160 km – B, L, D)
The motorbike ride today is quite different from the previous days, it’s mostly an easier ride on back-roads through peaceful villages of the local hill tribes, we will be also riding through some palm forest all the way to Luc Yen and stay in a Tay family who live in the Tay territory. It’s a great homestay, very typical of Vietnam hill tribes. Moreover, the hosts are very welcoming.
Day 9: Lam Thuong Valley – Thac Ba lake (90 km – B, L, D)
After breakfast at the homestay, we will spend early morning to explore the beautiful Lam Thuong area and pay some visits to some villages o the Tay people surrounded by green rice fields. Then we will continue the motorbike tour to our Dao friends’ village of Vu Linh, located by the bank of Thac Ba lake, the biggest man-made lake in Vietnam. The highlight of today is the boat trip around 1 hour on the lake. A BIG farewell party is waiting for you.
Day 10: Vu Linh – Hanoi (180 km – B, L)
Mostly on the back roads along 2 rivers, lunch on the way. The last 10 kilometers back to our office is a little bit challenges through the heavy traffic. Gear off, get some cold beers with the guide team of Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert and our van will take you back to your hotel. Tour ended
Our tour price is determined by two factors: the NUMBER OF RIDERS (the more people in the group, the lower the cost per rider) and the TYPE OF BIKES (choosing a smaller bike results in a reduced price). For more information and accurate pricing, please contact us. Below, you can find a sample price for our regular North Vietnam motorbike tour using 150cc bikes
- Tour for a group of 1 (solo rider): 210 USD/Day
- Tour for a group of 2 riders: 160 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for a group of 3 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- We can tailor a tour to your preferences and desired dates. Just share your expectations with us, and we will create your private tour
- The tour price does not include support vehicle, air tickets, or airport pick-up/drop-off… but we can arrange these services for an additional cost if needed
- We do have other bigger bikes for your tours, Please contact us for more details
- The prices listed above are only for the Northern Vietnam motorcycle tours, Other special motorcycle tours on the Ho Chi Minh trail or crossing the border to Laos or Cambodia… will cost more. Please contact us for more details.
- The tour price can be changed depending on the low/high tourist season or other special requests, Please contact us to get the right price for your tour.
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English-speaking tour guides (+ mechanic)
- Quality Honda XR150L/CRF250L/CRF300L or other bikes with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee, elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- All accommodation on tour (twin share room in a hotel or stay at a homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or crossing rivers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
- Quality video of the trip
- Souvenirs from our team (Café Cup, Cap…)
- Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
Your booking is confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. To secure your reservation, we request a small deposit, typically ranging from 10% to 30% of the total tour cost
When you’re ready to book a tour, we will send you a secure payment link, allowing you to pay the required deposit using your credit cards (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank service fee)
The balance will be paid in full at our shop just before starting the tour. You can pay in cash (USD or Euro) or by credit card (3,5% will be surcharged for the bank fee if you pay by credit card)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The deposit was not refundable but you can postpone the booking to another time.
- No refunds in case of bad weather conditions and customers’ reasons. Tour may be delayed by adverse weather conditions, but we take no responsibility in case of tour cancellation
- If your bike has a technical brake down, we will replace it with the same type of bike and our guide/mechanic will attempt to fix your bike within a day. For technical reasons, your tour may be shortened, You will get a refund for the day you can’t finish
- If you need to cancel your booking, you have the option to postpone to another time or transfer it to another person. Please note that you will be responsible for any associated administration costs, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your nominee pays the full amount
Age Limitation and License Requirements:
Although we do not have a specific age limit or license requirement, Vietnam Motorbike Tour Expert do require all participants to be in good health, physically fit, and capable of riding a motorbike